Time for yearly tax refund for withheld amounts on dividends on thai stocks.

I have to say Pattaya Office personnel has always been quite kind, filing in the P.N.D.90 form for free, I had just to provide the dividend certificates.

But while for dividends relative to 2006 they refunded me the withheld amounts + tax credit on dividend - tax due on dividend income itself, the following year for 2007 dividends they refunded me withheld amounts only.

The tax credit on dividend is about 3 times the withheld , and as this year the amount involved is rather sensible, I am trying to fill the PND 90 form by myself , requesting the tax credit.

I have found the English version of the form at this link http://www.rd.go.th/publish/29041.0.html (it's number 13) but at page 3 of the form , section 3 Assessable Income Under Section 40 (4) , line 5 Credit dividend tax , I find a double ** sending me to "Please see details in Guidelines P.2".

I have searched their website for these "Guidelines" but found nothing about credit dividend tax.

I might ask to Pattaya Office but I am afraid they might just tell me foreigners are not entitled to it, while perhaps we actually are instead. Could you supply me the address of some tax expert here in Pattaya ?

Edited by wefearourdespot