Business Start Up For Girlfriend

Hi

My girlfriend, a Thai national, wishes to start her own business. It is based around the idea of logistical services for teachers. She wants it all to be set up legally. This will be her own business and will not employ anyone else. Please can someone show us the exact process so I can show her/understand what she is going through. Also how much is it going to cost her and is it better to ask a legal firm to do it all for her in the same way they would setting up a business for a foreigner?

Thanks for your help, and I apologise if I have missed similar information elsewhere on this forum.

Regards

Bob

Hi

My girlfriend, a Thai national, wishes to start her own business. It is based around the idea of logistical services for teachers. She wants it all to be set up legally. This will be her own business and will not employ anyone else. Please can someone show us the exact process so I can show her/understand what she is going through. Also how much is it going to cost her and is it better to ask a legal firm to do it all for her in the same way they would setting up a business for a foreigner?

Thanks for your help, and I apologise if I have missed similar information elsewhere on this forum.

Regards

Bob

get a lawyer to set up and register a company for you, a good lawyer will charge 30k for the set up

If this was his business or he wanted to work in this Business I would agree with you, but since this is his wife's company and she will be the only employee I do not.

I would say let your wife do what she wants to do... no need to register the company at this time.

In Thailand they have something called an Unregistered Sole Proprietorship (foreigner can't own or work in this tpye of company).

This form of business can be used for businesses with total revenue of under 1milion baht per year(same for needing to make VAT payments). So why go through all of the expense of setting up a registered corporation until you reach that threshold?

Thanks for the responses so far.

So as long as she doesn't make over one million baht a year there is no need for registration? Not even to register the name? And this complies with all tax regulations?

I just want to make sure she doesn't get 'stung'. We both work full time at the moment so are doing the research in our spare time, the idea of her being able to simply get on with her proposal with out registering it is very appealing at present, and then if it is a success I guess she can register then.

Anymore feedback is appreciated.

I know I should read Thai, but can't very well, is there an English language website that explains law for sole proprietor business start for a thai national?

Thanks again for your help and I look forward to anymore advice.

Bob