What Options Are There For Getting International Tv Channels In Mae Hong Son?

mp413

I am moving to Mae Hong Son and intend to set up internet as well as satellite or cable TV at home. I know hotels there have international TV so I imagine I will be able to as well, can anyone explain what my options would be? I would like to have CNN if possible as well as BBC, other than that don't care too much but movie channels or some English channels where U.S. shows are broadcast would be nice.

Thanks!

mp413

I am moving to Mae Hong Son and intend to set up internet as well as satellite or cable TV at home. I know hotels there have international TV so I imagine I will be able to as well, can anyone explain what my options would be? I would like to have CNN if possible as well as BBC, other than that don't care too much but movie channels or some English channels where U.S. shows are broadcast would be nice.

Thanks!

mp413

UBC is the way to go really... 1568 baht a month - only downside is no option to 'opt-out' of all the Thai channels and quality can be variable - CNN and BBC is there though plus Discovery/Nat Geo and History