Irishman Threatens To Jump From Balcony With His Baby

poor baby, how could anyone do that to there own small child?

That freak Michael Jackson did it and he kept the kid. :o

MJ rulez... he's the KING OF POP!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D (innocent until proven quilty >> proven innocent)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many funny posters on this thread, don't you have any compassion?

I hope the man and child gets the help they both need.

They're not funny at all. They seem to view depression as an unforgivable offense. Even Jingthing starts to sound like the rabid posters he used to despise. Sad.

hear hear

i feal for this man, please do not post silly comments unless you have been in his situation!

i highly doubt he wanted to jump, but as per posts before it was a cry for Help !! and hopefully he has found it now

Boater

Yes, the father is mentally ill and that is sad, but that wouldn't make the baby any less dead if he killed him, and fathers who kill their babies are pretty much ALWAYS mentally ill, wouldn't you say?

Congratulations on your promotion to forum trick cyclist JT I'm sure you will put your extensive qualifications in the field to good use.

To those who slag off the guy, just how many of you have experienced being left in charge of a four month old kid? How many of you have ever even looked after a four month old kid? Sure the guy needs help but the way you lot are going on he'd fare better if he were thrown to the lynch mob. And you guys criticise a man merely because he has tattoos, a great white shark has more humanity in the tip of it's dorsal fin than you lot.

I hope he finds the help he so desperately needs but I know one place he shouldn't bother looking.

Why isn't the baby enough to keep him going? A baby isn't a toy to do with what you want. I know a number of Thai woman who leave their husband after a child is born. Some of these woman go out hunting for a richer man and think that the baby is holding them back in a life of poverty. People simply don't think carefully enough before having a kid. My advice is if you're going to have a kid with a bar girl or a girl from the villages then do it because you want the child, and you are prepared to take care of it if necessary not because you want the girl. People who have children only to please their partner are despicable.

Edited by Junglejumbo

Many funny posters on this thread, don't you have any compassion?

I hope the man and child gets the help they both need.

They're not funny at all. They seem to view depression as an unforgivable offense. Even Jingthing starts to sound like the rabid posters he used to despise. Sad.

hear hear

i feal for this man, please do not post silly comments unless you have been in his situation!

Boater

I think you misread my post(s).

Since I don't want to make the same mistake as you, do you mean that you feel for him or that you fall for him?

Frankly, it sounds like you consider a child as PROPERTY. A child is not property.

What in the world makes you think that I consider children as properties?

Mine is not my property, not even an extension of myself. He's just himself, a little independent person. I don't have enough words (or maybe I don't know enough English words) to describe the bond that unite a father to his child. Why don't you help me on this one (since you're an expert)?

Once, he was 3 YO, he said to me:

- Papa, tomorrow you stop eating.

- Why ?

- So you will become as small as me and you will be my best friend.

I didn't stop eating. Nevertheless, I became his best friend.

Edited by adjan jb

They seem to view depression as an unforgivable offense

Of course not. Depression is common as lice. I am sure the Holy Fadder will forgive Tattoo boy. What I have a problem with is assurance of safety of the baby. I do know this. If I was working as a social worker and I was under strict review, for example I would be fired if too many of the cases parents offed their babies, I know what I would do in this case, put the baby under state care with the hope of finding a more suitable relative. This being Thailand, I assume chances are great the baby will be allowed to stay with Tat Daddy, so the irresponsibly tolerant of you can be happy this is not a Nanny state. I admit I could be bringing a culturally American bias to this, in the US people can lose their children for spanking their kids or minor cases of neglect, which I do think is extreme in the other direction. I just don't understand why people feel comfortable putting this mentally ill man with a history of a murder threat anywhere near a baby.

Edited by Jingthing

No doubt that he does need immediate psychological counselling, maybe even some medication. No doubt too that the baby should be put under the care of a third person (not the mother) for the time being. It would be perfect if a relative could fly from Ireland to pick them up but as long as we don't know his real intentions, it's too early to say that they should be PERMANENTLY separated (IMO).

Sure, evaluate him. Maybe the photos were photoshopped and he didn't really threaten to toss his baby off a tall building.

Someone asked about my professional qualifications in psychology. I have none except for courses at the college level. I do remember a few things from those. The vast majority of mental illnesses are NOT a threat to people other than the patient. However, this is clearly a case where there is another human being at great risk due to this man's problems.

Why -- are you a poof?

More like a PUFFIN.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes, the father is mentally ill and that is sad, but that wouldn't make the baby any less dead if he killed him, and fathers who kill their babies are pretty much ALWAYS mentally ill, wouldn't you say?

Congratulations on your promotion to forum trick cyclist JT I'm sure you will put your extensive qualifications in the field to good use.

To those who slag off the guy, just how many of you have experienced being left in charge of a four month old kid? How many of you have ever even looked after a four month old kid? Sure the guy needs help but the way you lot are going on he'd fare better if he were thrown to the lynch mob. And you guys criticise a man merely because he has tattoos, a great white shark has more humanity in the tip of it's dorsal fin than you lot.

I hope he finds the help he so desperately needs but I know one place he shouldn't bother looking.

Finally someone with intelligence here! well said. Its hard to think they call themselves humans on this forum sometimes!

Why isn't the baby enough to keep him going? A baby isn't a toy to do with what you want. I know a number of Thai woman who leave their husband after a child is born. Some of these woman go out hunting for a richer man and think that the baby is holding them back in a life of poverty. People simply don't think carefully enough before having a kid. My advice is if you're going to have a kid with a bar girl or a girl from the villages then do it because you want the child, and you are prepared to take care of it if necessary not because you want the girl. People who have children only to please their partner are despicable.

who said she was a bar girl, who said she was from a village?, just maybe this poor woman was suffering from post natel depression, what ever the scenario everyone deserves some understanding instead of the crucifiction that many bloogers give in here!

This occurred 50 meters from where I live and I was surprised not to see anything in yesterday's papers as it was a real media/emergency services circus. The guy walked around the rooftop parapet with the baby even while it was raining.

Kudos to the Thai police, rescue and fire service. All were in attendance and the fire service even deployed a very large airbag in the soi at the side of the building but were unable to deploy a second one in front of the apartment block because of an awning overhang.

The stand-off went for several hours and the guy did indeed threaten to drop the baby off the roof several times.

I don't know where the story came from about a priest, as it was a woman, possibly his wife, who was on the roof talking to him.

The amazing thing was that he was allowed to leave the scene in a taxi with the woman and the baby when it was all over.

The BIB did a fantastic job and throughout the stand-off made no attempt to bring the situation to a forced or rushed end.

^By the sounds of it the thai authorities had already put the air cusion in place, so im not sure it would of done the job anyway chaung.

Certainly sounds like attention seeking because as previously seen with jumpers, two recent examples here in Bangkok, they normally just do it, the guy at the airport only taunted police for 10 minutes before attempting to fly.

Maybe this guy is just a control freak and he wasnt getting his way with his lady so he chose to threaten the innocent life of a child, dunno?

Seriously I think the best course of action would be to put the baby into care, and have the man evaluated. Best not to take any chances????

Absolutely the bare minimum of actions that need to occur.

ANY suicide attempt needs to be FULLY evaluated, including whether or not on any superficially observed surface it may appear to be attention-seeking behavior or a gesture.

In the interim, the child needs to be placed under the care of Child Protection Services.

Should it be legal for men with that many tats to marry?

Seriously, I know this isn't a nanny state but they won't give that baby back to him, will they?

maybe thats why she left him cos of the tats :o .........i say good on the police,quick thinking re priest.

to be left with a 4 month old baby would be daunting.

maybe it was tit for tat

I completely agree - butter wouldn't melt in most thaivisa forum posters

I completely agree - butter wouldn't melt in most thaivisa forum posters

I think I can melt some butter in my butt, but I also think a hard concrete street would crush a baby's bones. All this sympathy for the "father" and none for the innocent child he threatened to throw off a building. This is not a black and white issue. You feel compassion for the adult, I feel compassion for the victim, that baby.

He will run out of cash.

He may continue to subsist here. The baby will go to grandma in Roi Et.

He may return to Ireland with the child. Social Services will definitely become involved.

He may return to Ireland without the child. Again child goes to grandma in Roi Et with all the attendant economic and educational disadvantages but with greater stability.

He may return to Ireland with the child. Social Services will definitely become involved.

I might be completely wrong, but if you have a child under 16 years of age, don't you need legal permission from the mother to take it out of the country? If he doesn't get that, then he's stuck.

I feel really sorry for the guy, one way or the other.

Any advance on his name? Romeo McNulbar doesn't sound too accurate to me. And I agree with those who say he wants locking up, even if it's just for psychiatric evaluation. And to those who say it was "just " a cry for help, threatening to jump with or throw a child surely disqualifies you from the right to keep the child. Well done to the priest as far as it went, but allowing him to go off in a taxi still with the child beggars belief.