spot 15/5

ajsp9 02/6

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wife will be arriving in Bangkok friday morning Thai time and all things going well, so i will not know the result till then.

I am scared out of my tiny mind with it jumping the queue that it has been rejected.

On the other hand that is 10 weeks 1 day so within the general area of everyone elses.

Couple of sleepless night to come i think.

Need a few more of you to get your visa's so i am not alone in panick.

Thanks for the fingers crossing too :)

All the best Merangue. Even if I am a Peeed Off We seem to be Stuck at the Top of the List, And that makes it worse.

I dare not say anything to my wife. She is conviced they have Lost her Application, Along with her birth cert Ect.

Big comfort to Know we are not alone Chewy and The Fiend not far behind so I am not Too worried YET.

If we get to Know tomorrow or even Fri That would do Nicely.

Dont worry Merangue People have Jumped the queue before and all was OK

Johnson81 was one submited 10/3 recived 30/4 Tango7 same day submited recived 12/5.

Good Luck Merangue

Just seen this on the vfs website:

"2 June 2009: Delay in application process Please note that due to a surge in applications non-settlement applications are now taking between 4-6 weeks to process and settlement applications 12 weeks. Applications already submitted are being cleared on the basis of date due to travel. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by these delays"

What about when date of travel has already elapsed?

"2 June 2009: Delay in application process Please note that due to a surge in applications non-settlement applications are now taking between 4-6 weeks to process and settlement applications 12 weeks. Applications already submitted are being cleared on the basis of date due to travel. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by these delays"

I'm wondering where all these people are who are marrying Thai women.....

Sure, there are bound to be a few, but a "surge in applications" ....

Anyway, staying on track a bit, what do they mean it will take 12 weeks ? Does this mean 12 weeks for anyone who has already submitted (ie they now have to wait the extra time ) or this is now only for new applications?

if they were saying 165 a month was taking 4-6 weeks ( 10 in practice ) and now they've extended that to 12, does this mean there are roughly 320 settlement visa applications per month ??? seems like a huge number to me. Is this excuses time ??

"Sorry, we've spent all that money you gave us for application fees on our holidays and buying new things for our diplomatic accommodation. We have nothing left for staff increases and so you'll have to wait longer for your visas"....

As I mentioned in an earlier post. 585 UK pounds x 165 applicatiosn per month = 5, 309,000 Baht per month !! I guess this is going towards cleaning MPs swimming pools in the UK ( recently stated by the BBC for those who haven't been following ).

Applied 25th March requested 09 April and nothing here. ( This was before we realised the processing times had gone through the roof)

Seems strange that your friends has gone through so quickly unless there were special circumstances.

We put down a date to travel in early April. similar to Merangues...... :)

Not only is the wife getting frustrated by the delay....... Now I am!!!!!

I personally think the recent increase is down to the world economy. Thailand is getting harder & harder to make a living in & the visa requirements to stay in LOS are getting harder too.

So the UK (probably once lambasted by more than a few of the folks now applying for their spouses to move there & I'm not specifically refering to TV posters btw) is now looking to be a cushy deal with the free health care, jobs that don't require WPs to do them, no restrictions on what one can do either & a benefits system set up to assist when things are tough. Just my own opinion on it. :D

Oh & can my mates be added to the list?

Applied 16th March for ILE. Got a call 3 weeks ago for more info on the UK wifes land & property ownership but not a peep since :)

Applied 16th March for ILE. Got a call 3 weeks ago for more info on the UK wifes land & property ownership but not a peep since :)

With you being a mod..... No ploplem

Should we put Friend Boo as the name????

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 10 weeks 2 days

chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 4 days

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 3 days

Friend Boo ILE 16/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3 ????? 03/6 10 weeks

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 Applied in Jamaica

scotland 22/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/5

true blue 14/5

spot 15/5

ajsp9 02/6

Edited by TheFiend

Thanks Boo.

Just when I was coming on nicely Your friend as Nicked my Top Spot.

I am giving it another week if we don't here by then. I will book to go home alone.

Got things that need my attention back in the Uk. I keep putting them back but how long do you wait ???????

Plus another visa run on the 20th No thanks My wife and Daughter will have to come later.

Sorry, although I think they will be taking a little longer with his cause he is applying direclty for ILE & not SV, so you might still be next :)

You know what, my husband moved to UK 5 years ago & already has his UK passport but I still remember the feeling of dread & anticipation which accompanies this process & that's probably why I check this thread several times a day in the hope of another one getting the longed for visa.

And I actually get a sick feeling when I read posts from people saying they have been told the passport is back & are off to collect them, just in case it is bad news!!!. So good luck everyone. :D

On the Embassy website news.

2 June 2009: Delay in application process Please note that due to a surge in applications non-settlement applications are now taking between 4-6 weeks to process and settlement applications 12 weeks. Applications already submitted are being cleared on the basis of date due to travel. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by these delays

2 June 2009: Delay in application process Please note that due to a surge in applications non-settlement applications are now taking between 4-6 weeks to process and settlement applications 12 weeks. Applications already submitted are being cleared on the basis of date due to travel. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by these delays

On the internet form, they had removed (or so my wife says) the intended date of travel / required visa date.

So how would they know when we need it by? I enclosed my ticket information, so fingers crossed they'll find that!

I personally think the recent increase is down to the world economy. Thailand is getting harder & harder to make a living in & the visa requirements to stay in LOS are getting harder too.

So the UK (probably once lambasted by more than a few of the folks now applying for their spouses to move there & I'm not specifically refering to TV posters btw) is now looking to be a cushy deal with the free health care, jobs that don't require WPs to do them, no restrictions on what one can do either & a benefits system set up to assist when things are tough. Just my own opinion on it. :D

Good point(s) -

I'm going home for similar reasons, but main issue is wife's pregnancy.

However, I was getting miffed at being employed by both Western and Thai companies for two years at a time and then being forced out only to be replaced by a much cheaper Thai even though I'd done nothing wrong at all. First employed to fixed things and once issues sorted out I was replaced.

Many western bosses adopt the Thai work ethic of "thou shalt treat your staff like Sh*te"....

So, off to start my own business,

Page 23.........

Friend Boo ILE 16/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

scotland 22/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/5

true blue 14/5

spot 15/5

ajsp9 02/6

2 June 2009: Please note that due to a surge in applications non-settlement applications are now taking between 4-6 weeks to process and settlement applications 12 weeks. Applications already submitted are being cleared on the basis of date due to travel.

Three of us are now at the 11 week point now.... surely we must hear something soon.... :)

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by these delays.

But what about all the stress they are putting us through? :D

Good luck Merangue. I heard a rumor that your's got processed first because your nerves were getting so bad with the waiting you couldn't even count to five any more :D :D :D.

Seriously, good luck and I hope the bit about clearing by due date is right, we put down the 10th April, the day after you. I'll try and restrict myself to looking at the visa tracking page every 15 minutes tomorrow. :)

Can anybody else remember what date they stated they wanted their visas for?

I hope the bit about clearing by due date is right, we put down the 10th April, the day after you. I'll try and restrict myself to looking at the visa tracking page every 15 minutes tomorrow. :)

Can't remember our exact date - but it was for before the 10th April. I flew back on the 5th, but had been prepared to delay flying home until the 10th.

Tracker is stating our Visa is ready for collection. Now i am panicking that it is a rejection.

Saying that i am also incredibly excited. Can't think straight. Have customer waiting for me and i am typing here instead.

fingers crosed to you, good luck :):D:D:D

Good luck Merangue. I heard a rumor that your's got processed first because your nerves were getting so bad with the waiting you couldn't even count to five any more :D:D:D .

Seriously, good luck and I hope the bit about clearing by due date is right, we put down the 10th April, the day after you. I'll try and restrict myself to looking at the visa tracking page every 15 minutes tomorrow. :D

Applications already submitted are being cleared on the basis of date due to travel

mine was required to travel on May 24th

settlement applications 12 weeks....

so does it mean I have to wait for another 7 weeks?? :):D

might be good to add to the list requested travel date (RTD) submited April 29th, RTD May 24th, just an idea for more imformation on each applicant in the list

Good luck Merangue. I heard a rumor that your's got processed first because your nerves were getting so bad with the waiting you couldn't even count to five any more :D:D:D .

Seriously, good luck and I hope the bit about clearing by due date is right, we put down the 10th April, the day after you. I'll try and restrict myself to looking at the visa tracking page every 15 minutes tomorrow. :)

Our Due date was the 8th April

Not sure what sense it makes for them to go by requested/due date anyway, they are all long past due so what's the point?

Have resided to the fact that the misses will not be here for a couple weeks yet. Just praying to god, allah and bhudda that it's not much longer.

Good point

Friend Boo ILE 16/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3 (RTD -10/4)

Sumrit 24/3 (RTD 10/4)

fluidfusion 27/3 (RTD 8/4)

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

scotland 22/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/5

true blue 14/5

spot 15/5

ajsp9 02/6

Edited by fluidfusion

Friend Boo ILE 16/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3 (RTD -10/4)

Sumrit 24/3 (RTD 10/4)

fluidfusion 27/3 (RTD 8/4)

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

scotland 22/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4 (RTD 24/5)

Rolypies 29/4

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/5

true blue 14/5

spot 15/5

ajsp9 02/6

I would like to say when my wife put the applications in for herself & daughter on the 17th March

The requested date was end of March. The person in VFS told her that was not realistic and it would be

1 Month, They made the alteration and said it will be 1 month because they are very busy

11 weeks later and here we are, Still wating for news

Tomorrow would be Nice. Only 1 out of our little band since the 25th of last month.

At this rate 12 weeks is looking good. 1 step forward and 2 back.

I would like to say when my wife put the applications in for herself & daughter on the 17th March

The requested date was end of March. The person in VFS told her that was not realistic and it would be

1 Month, They made the alteration and said it will be 1 month because they are very busy

11 weeks later and here we are, Still wating for news

Tomorrow would be Nice. Only 1 out of our little band since the 25th of last month.

At this rate 12 weeks is looking good. 1 step forward and 2 back.

We were told to expect 5-6 weeks..... :)

Talking to the wife on the phone today she sounded a little p****d of when I told her about the " 12 week" announcement on the website! :D