Uk Settlement

Just checked....... no update for me today :)

How about Kennkate and Chewy? Any news?

No news from us but then we don't expect any till next week at best. Have been repeatedly changing my Fiances flight over the weeks. Her current fly date is the 17th June, big fingers crossed she gets the visa before then!

Can't believe that after basically having lived in each others pockets for a year and a half in Thailand, we are now forced to live apart for what seems like forever. We have both made a promise never to be apart for so long again.

Just read that back and want to make it clear, neither my fiance or I have big fingers! We both have very normal sized fingers indeed! :D

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr Burb You are looking for a slap on the Botty

Not only did you buy a Copy Crystal Ball.

You also poined out that the Visa's came through on Mon Tue and Fri

Now Get back to that Copy Crystal ball and come up with a better prediction. Because I am going Crazy here :)

No News here I check the web site every Hr I doubt it will change untill AFTER we have it in our hands.

It's Bl**dy Useless. Oh well tomorrow is another day.

Come on Mr Burb Rub the ball and Look Deep.

Mr Burb You are looking for a slap on the Botty

Not only did you buy a Copy Crystal Ball.

Now Get back to that Copy Crystal ball and come up with a better prediction. Because I am going Crazy here :)

No News here I check the web site every Hr I doubt it will change untill AFTER we have it in our hands.

It's Bl**dy Useless. Oh well tomorrow is another day.

Come on Mr Burb Rub the ball and Look Deep.

Like most copys made in Thailand.............look the business, never never bl**dy work properly when you need them to :D :D

Promised myself i would not look at the Tracker till noon today. I did not make it that far. Still no news or change.

Have the ECO's gone on strike or something? Not heard of any visa's being issued at all for over a week now.

That includes Settlement and Visit visa's

Looks like the 10 week + days average is being blown out of the water too and it is into the 11 week area now.

:):D

hi just got an email of a guy today who`s settlement application went in on 1 st April and fiancee got visa on the 26th may , apparently they :) the embassy people that is... are processing applications by the date when the visa was requested and not by the date that the application was received ???

mine went in may 7th and requested June 1st not sure if that will speed things up for us

how about you guys what are your dates same same as mine above ... requested and received ?

thanks alan

Applied 25th March requested 09 April and nothing here. ( This was before we realised the processing times had gone through the roof)

Seems strange that your friends has gone through so quickly unless there were special circumstances.

Which annoyingly means nothing until Friday.

dam_n!

Well Mr Burb. We are All hopeing You Are Wrong Again.

I certainly hope so. And looking at your Stats we have the odds on our side. Thanks Anyway :D

You are keeping us amused if nothin else.

Have you Looked HARD into that Crystal Ball ? Take all the time you want. We an't going anywere Yet.

Alanr. We requested end of March VFS said 1 month so made the change to Mid April 2009 I hope they put 2009

Anyway it's June now and still No News

:):D:D

hi just got an email of a guy today who`s settlement application went in on 1 st April and fiancee got visa on the 26th may , apparently they :) the embassy people that is... are processing applications by the date when the visa was requested and not by the date that the application was received ???

mine went in may 7th and requested June 1st not sure if that will speed things up for us

how about you guys what are your dates same same as mine above ... requested and received ?

thanks alan

Ours went in on 24th March and requested 10th April (like Merangue this was when we thought applications were still being processed within 1-2 weeks). So far it's ten weeks since we applied and about eight weeks past our request date, I hope they don't think it's 10th April 2010 that we want the visa :D

Edited by sumrit

hi just got an email of a guy today who`s settlement application went in on 1 st April and fiancee got visa on the 26th may , apparently they :D the embassy people that is... are processing applications by the date when the visa was requested and not by the date that the application was received ???

thanks alan

I submited on April 29th and requested June 1st, no update, no nothing, hanging around bangkok and throwing the money away :D:)

Edited by CinnamonRoll

My Auntie has just passed away, big shame as I really wanted my Fiance to meet her.

She has left us some money in her will and her funeral is next Tuesday.

Does anyone see any grounds for me to put this to the embassy as a reason to push forward our application?

I feel bad asking as if it's the case then we would jump in front of others waiting but I'm sure many of you would take such an opportunity if available.

Don't want to turn us into complete pariahs of the forum, please nobody take offense to this question. :)

To be perfectly honest with you i would ring the embassy and put this to them, they do say these things can sped up the process on occasions. I would not think bad of somebody who wants their wife to be with them at a time like this. I would if it was me and i genuinly wanted to attend the funeral. good luck

Condolences on your loss.

It is certainly possible to expedite a visit visa application for a funeral; but a settlement one? Not sure, it wouldn't hurt to ask. You would almost certainly have to provide some form of proof, such as a copy of the death certificate.

The main factor against, IMHO, you is that your fiance has never met your aunt. You may very well receive that reply that there is nothing stopping you from returning to the UK for the funeral, but there is no reason why your fiance needs to attend.

It is certainly possible to expedite a visit visa application for a funeral; but a settlement one? Not sure, it wouldn't hurt to ask. You would almost certainly have to provide some form of proof, such as a copy of the death certificate.

The main factor against, IMHO, you is that your fiance has never met your aunt. You may very well receive that reply that there is nothing stopping you from returning to the UK for the funeral, but there is no reason why your fiance needs to attend.

I suspect that is the likely reply you will get but nothing to stop you trying.

My Auntie has just passed away, big shame as I really wanted my Fiance to meet her.

She has left us some money in her will and her funeral is next Tuesday.

Does anyone see any grounds for me to put this to the embassy as a reason to push forward our application?

I feel bad asking as if it's the case then we would jump in front of others waiting but I'm sure many of you would take such an opportunity if available.

Don't want to turn us into complete pariahs of the forum, please nobody take offense to this question. :)

deepest sympathies, i do not mind , nothing wrong in asking

22 pages on......... the list continues

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 10 weeks 2 days

chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 4 days

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 3 days

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 Applied in Jamaica

scotland 22/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/5

true blue 14/5

spot 15/5

ajsp9 02/6

I suspect that is the likely reply you will get but nothing to stop you trying.

Sorry to hear of your sad news.

As per one of my previous posts a friend of the Mrs who applied for a Settlement Visa after ours had hers accelerated as the husband's mother had died. He faxed through the death certificate to the Embassy as proof. She had been to the UK before so I presume had met his mother.

I can't see any reason why you should not ask.

Many thanks everyone for your understanding.

Trouble is that I think that even if I do approach the embassy with our situation, it will still be too slow a process to get my fiance back in time for the funeral.

Not really in the mood for more mindless litigation right now either... Maybe see how it all seems in the morning.

Promised myself i would not look at the Tracker till noon today. I did not make it that far. Still no news or change.

Have the ECO's gone on strike or something? Not heard of any visa's being issued at all for over a week now.

That includes Settlement and Visit visa's

Looks like the 10 week + days average is being blown out of the water too and it is into the 11 week area now.

:):D

Indeed, but I've had two email replies, one from the Embassy and also one from the VFS, so there are signs of life.

Lots of people have commented that the online tracking does not tell you anything....it does not give you progress apart from 'passed to embassy on xxxxxx etc". When I had to fax some additional information to the Embassy this week I was required to quote a new reference number (the Mrs told me the six numeric characters) from the Embassy on the fax back. I was not asked about the APET/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/x number. I'm guessing here, but if feels like once the application is in the Embassy you get assigned a new case number (reference) for processing which is obviously not made public. The APET only changes once the Embassy has 'finished' and passed it back to the VFS, by which time the Mrs could have already received the call/SMS from the VFS. What would be good would be some kind of 'public' access to the Embassy tracking system which you'd think already exists. Just a thought.

Many thanks everyone for your understanding.

Trouble is that I think that even if I do approach the embassy with our situation, it will still be too slow a process to get my fiance back in time for the funeral.

Not really in the mood for more mindless litigation right now either... Maybe see how it all seems in the morning.

Sorry to hear about your sad loss.

When my mother died last year they gave my wife a visa in less than twentyfour hours, we applied Monday lunchtime and they phoned us Tuesday morning to come and pick up the passport, so they are very quick in giving you a decision for something like this. I would add though that we applied for a visit visa and my wife had met my mother on two previous occasions when we went to the UK. My mother also left a note with her will asking my sister to delay the funeral a day or two if nesassary to give us time to get my wifes visa so that possibly helped with the speed as well.

You've got nothing to loose by phoning the Embassy and asking them, I'm sure they will tell you straight away if they're prepared to look at your wifes application as a priority under the circumstances, and if they are they will do it quickly.

Good luck if you do contact them.

Sincere Condolences Fluidfusion You are more than wellcome to jump into my place

I know how you feel I have a 94 year old Aunt she is the last one left on my mothers side.

She never had any kids, She looks at me an thinks I am her Son.

She has seen my wife and I know she wants me to get back ASAP

She is OK I ring her every Week to keep her informed, I do worry about not seeing her again Hopefully it wont be long now.

I hope you get it sorted ASAP, And that you and your wife get back before me.

On another Note The tracking system is Unavailable This morning??? or is it just me

Off to chang Mai shoping so will look later

Best of Luck Fluidfusion.

On another Note The tracking system is Unavailable This morning??? or is it just me

The tracking system was working when I tried it a few moments ago...............unfortunately it's the message that's stuck, still says 'your visa application has been forwarded etc ..................

The tracking system was working when I tried it a few moments ago...............unfortunately it's the message that's stuck, still says 'your visa application has been forwarded etc ..................

Yep same result for me. Now into week 11 :)

Tracker is stating our Visa is ready for collection. Now i am panicking that it is a rejection.

Saying that i am also incredibly excited. Can't think straight. Have customer waiting for me and i am typing here instead.

Tracker is stating our Visa is ready for collection. Now i am panicking that it is a rejection.

Saying that i am also incredibly excited. Can't think straight. Have customer waiting for me and i am typing here instead.

Nice one fella. You should be OK. Impressive queue jumping too :) . When will you(we) find the result - today? hel_l, I'm nervous for you too.

Saying that i am also incredibly excited. .

OI!!!!!!.... a queue jumper!!!!

:)

Better not tell me wife........ she is feeling frustrated enough already about the wait as it is.....

Good luck Merangue.... hope it's a "yes".... :D