Uk Settlement

I just put this topic back on topic by deleting a few posts and replies to them that dragged it off topic.

I agree with the poster that said this topic should not be pulled off topic by making political comments.

Thanks ubonjoe..... I apologise for responding to that idiot. Politics should be kept out of this topic.

Fingers crossed that we find out within the next week. Now planning on being on my way to Bangkok within 6 hours of the wife picking up her passport......... I will be packing my bag this weekend, just in case.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are all at the mercy from a system that has absolutley no room for law abiding, tax paying, citizens. They just dont give a dam!!!!!!! :):D:D:D:D:D:D

I am sure that the vast majority, if not all, of the people ahead of you in the queue are also law abiding, tax paying citizens!

Why should you jump ahead of them?

I know it must be very frustrating waiting for a decision, we had a wait of around 10 weeks when we applied, but all I can advise is patience. It takes a certain amount of time for an ECO to process an application, and if there are a lot of people applying within a short period, as seems to be the case at the moment, then unfortunately people are going to have to wait.

The embassy do advise allowing up to three months for a settlement application, and it does seem that most applications are being decided within this timeframe.

Hopefully the backlog will soon be cleared and the processing time will return to that of the end of 2008; about 10 working days max.

I did the same as yourself by copying the page before leaving the UK. Luckily i was advised by the office next door to the VFS section ( i was getting something else copied and they looked through our application paperwork for us for free) to copy the page again with the entrance stamp on that visit as well. Guess they gave me good advice.

Incidentally i cannot praise that office enough. We just popped in for a few copies we had forgotten and were treated like royalty for the best part of 2 hours. All they charged us for were the copies ( 200 baht's worth)

We went to see them for some advice on filling in the form..... and all they tried to do was "sell" us their service....... "60,000 baht and we guarantee you get visa!!!"

I had already done my homework.... all we needed was to fill the form in....... "OK we do for you - 300 baht"

Later that day when checking through "their" attempt at the form I found 3 deliberate mistakes....... so the Embassy would have probably failed that application......

With little to do apart from wait, let's look at the days we've recieved positive news.

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days - Friday

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day - Tuesday

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks - Tuesday

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 10 weeks 2 days - Friday

chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 4 days - Monday

Gypsymoth 13/3 ????? 25/5 10 weeks 3 days - Monday

Monday - 33% :)

Tuesday - 33% :D

Friday - 33% :D

Wednesday and Thursday 0% :D

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Hey, I don't mind Monday Tuesday or Friday! As long as it's next week! :D

I did the same as yourself by copying the page before leaving the UK. Luckily i was advised by the office next door to the VFS section ( i was getting something else copied and they looked through our application paperwork for us for free) to copy the page again with the entrance stamp on that visit as well. Guess they gave me good advice.

Incidentally i cannot praise that office enough. We just popped in for a few copies we had forgotten and were treated like royalty for the best part of 2 hours. All they charged us for were the copies ( 200 baht's worth)

We went to see them for some advice on filling in the form..... and all they tried to do was "sell" us their service....... "60,000 baht and we guarantee you get visa!!!"

I had already done my homework.... all we needed was to fill the form in....... "OK we do for you - 300 baht"

Later that day when checking through "their" attempt at the form I found 3 deliberate mistakes....... so the Embassy would have probably failed that application......

Agree completely about the agency next door. We went there to get some docs translated and some photos done. The guy who first dealt with us tried to make out it was the VFS office. He soon realised I wasn't stupid and knew it was just an agency. He then passed me on to the boss, who tried to convince me that (1) my daughter would never get a UK passport/birth certificate without us being married, (2) my gf at the time would never get a fiance visa, so we should get married, (3) showed me forms I needed to fill in for a settlement visa, which were about 2 years out of date and (4) told us they could get us married within a day, which would solve all our problems, for many thousands of baht.

I played along to get the translation + 3 photos for about 300baht and we left. Of course, we got all of the things we applied for without their help. People should be warned against this agency, as they try to make the unwary believe they are officially linked to the UK embassy/VFS, but their advice is just a sales pitch to get baht off you.

My name is Andy I got married in April and applied for my wife's settlement visa on the 8th/04/2009 its been 7 & a half weeks now and we still have heard nothing, from what i have been reading it look like we will have at least another month to wait. Good luck to all you people out there in the same situation as me and my wife Joy. It would be nice to think the embassy cud do something to speed up trhe prosess but we are all jus hangig on a string like puppets wait on them to sort things out. being a newly wed it has been very hard spending the first 2 months of our marrage apart. but we talk 2 or 3 times a day on the phone. good luck everybody and i will update as and when we hear anything.......

Isnt that online traking page the most annoying thing........ It just seems to say the same thing every day. I check it every day before i go to work. And so far just get dissapointment. live in hope though as we all should......

Agree completely about the agency next door. We went there to get some docs translated and some photos done. The guy who first dealt with us tried to make out it was the VFS office. He soon realised I wasn't stupid and knew it was just an agency. He then passed me on to the boss, who tried to convince me that (1) my daughter would never get a UK passport/birth certificate without us being married, (2) my gf at the time would never get a fiance visa, so we should get married, (3) showed me forms I needed to fill in for a settlement visa, which were about 2 years out of date and (4) told us they could get us married within a day, which would solve all our problems, for many thousands of baht.

I played along to get the translation + 3 photos for about 300baht and we left. Of course, we got all of the things we applied for without their help. People should be warned against this agency, as they try to make the unwary believe they are officially linked to the UK embassy/VFS, but their advice is just a sales pitch to get baht off you.

Sounds like i got lucky then. As i said i only went in there for a photocopy and they didn't try to charge or seel me for anything other than the photocopies. I did however get free coffee and a comfy seat while they checked the rest out for me free of charge.

Perhaps it was because i was speaking to my wife in pigeon Isaan. Half the staff there apparently were from Isaan and two of them were from within a few miles of my wifes home village. They got very chatty with my wife while i had a semi snooze. :)

My name is Andy I got married in April and applied for my wife's settlement visa on the 8th/04/2009 its been 7 & a half weeks now and we still have heard nothing, from what i have been reading it look like we will have at least another month to wait. Good luck to all you people out there in the same situation as me and my wife Joy. It would be nice to think the embassy cud do something to speed up trhe prosess but we are all jus hangig on a string like puppets wait on them to sort things out. being a newly wed it has been very hard spending the first 2 months of our marrage apart. but we talk 2 or 3 times a day on the phone. good luck everybody and i will update as and when we hear anything.......

Another page already. Another new claimant for the list too. Good luck to us all.

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 10 weeks 2 days

chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 4 days

Gypsymoth 13/3 ????? 25/5 10 weeks 3 days

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/04

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/04

scotland 22/04

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

alanr 07/5

Isnt that online traking page the most annoying thing........ It just seems to say the same thing every day. I check it every day before i go to work. And so far just get dissapointment. live in hope though as we all should......

Welcome to the world of pointlessly checking the tracker all day every day.

I generally check when i wake up, when i get to work, before i leave work, when i get home and late evening.

I also check weekends too.

Sad and silly really but you never know. If they are under the cosh they MAY be working overtime. :)

I must admit i do check on weekends too. so your not alone, overtime is always a possibillity...lol

Have any of you come across voip discount i call my wife on her mobile 2-3 times everyday for as long as i want. it costs 8 euro for 3 months its an absolute bargain if you ask me.....

Sounds like i got lucky then. As i said i only went in there for a photocopy and they didn't try to charge or seel me for anything other than the photocopies. I did however get free coffee and a comfy seat while they checked the rest out for me free of charge.

Perhaps it was because i was speaking to my wife in pigeon Isaan. Half the staff there apparently were from Isaan and two of them were from within a few miles of my wifes home village. They got very chatty with my wife while i had a semi snooze. :D

We only went in there with the intention of getting some passport photos and a document translated. I had already done the forms for my daughters birth certificate/passport and my wife's visa application and we were just looking for photos for my daughters passport and the wife's application. It was a manager in one of the offices in the back that told me a load of bare-faced lies that someone less sure of the processes might have believed and coughed up the dough. He told me 3 or 4 blatant lies to try and get myself and my wife to get a quickie marriage in BKK so that they could get money from me. He seemed completely unaware of the changes in policy regarding UK citizenship of children born to UK fathers outside of marriage and kept saying I would never get a passport or birth certificate for my daughter without being married. Understandable, as his photocopied forms were 2 years out date, so most of his knowledge probably was too. Bet his price list was bang up to date though! :)

I must admit i do check on weekends too. so your not alone, overtime is always a possibillity...lol

Have any of you come across voip discount i call my wife on her mobile 2-3 times everyday for as long as i want. it costs 8 euro for 3 months its an absolute bargain if you ask me.....

I use Phonecheap to ring her mobile on a daily basis.

At Half a penny a minute i have not found anything that competes for convenience using my landline.

Incidentally

April figures

working Days 5 10 15 30 60 90 120

Settlement 0% 2% 4% 10% 95% 99% 99% Total 110

Edited by Merangue

I use Phonecheap to ring her mobile on a daily basis.

At Half a penny a minute i have not found anything that competes for convenience using my landline.

Incidentally

April figures

working Days 5 10 15 30 60 90 120

Settlement 0% 2% 4% 10% 95% 99% 99% Total 110

These figures are depessing Merangue, as they are working days some people are having to wait over five months for a decision.

Based on recent decisions those of us who are around the ten week mark are hoping to hear in the next week or so, but for some who've been waiting that long it's only half way through the wait.

I want to see what the average waiting times are for UK settlement visas as a lot of people seem to be waiting a long time without update.

If you have applied for a UK settlement visa in 2009, could you post when it was granted or if still waiting then state that you are still waiting or have interview pending and the date of the interview.

We submitted 2nd March - no interview request and no updates or contact from Embasy as yet (I kind of don't expect there this early).

We request date of travel as the end of March.

So 2 weeks.

How about yourself....................

2 weeks about right on :):D

Another page already. Another new claimant for the list too. Good luck to us all.

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/04

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/04

scotland 22/04

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

alanr 07/5

Looks like we've been waiting just about long enough to join the club now! We put the papers in 04/05 and have - of course - heard nothing since. The wife and I are waiting in Chiang Mai slowly throwing money we don't have away while the British Embassy do whatever it is they have to do. Funfunfun.

Nice to be on here people, misery loves company. :)

Good luck to you all!

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/04

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/04

scotland 22/04

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

nelson111 04/05

alanr 07/5

Looks like we've been waiting just about long enough to join the club now! We put the papers in 04/05 and have - of course - heard nothing since. The wife and I are waiting in Chiang Mai slowly throwing money we don't have away while the British Embassy do whatever it is they have to do. Funfunfun.

Good luck to you all!

Welcome to the ongoing saga of "Settlement Visa....... The Wait"

And good luck to you and your wife......

Good luck to you all!

Welcome to the ongoing saga of "Settlement Visa....... The Wait"

And good luck to you and your wife......

hi to all,

i hope for help and advice from the good people on here, married Thai wife 19Th march 2009, in grand cayman where she works, went to Jamaica to apply for settlement visa. got tracker number and consulate received application on the 8Th April 2009, would like to know for now does her Thai documents have to be sent to Thailand to be checked out? to make sure they are true and not fake? haven't rang consulate, wife thinks it will be bad luck if i do, and i think if i ring them may upset them(Eco) and be put to the bottom of the pile, heard and read this site for 2 weeks,

is it truly true the embassy workers are not helpful and by the sounds of things don't give a flying f!*k about how people are feeling and the emotions they go through while waiting for them to do the job we pay a high fee for, would we except this service or better still quality of service in the UK???????

sorry for the rant just had to get that off my chest, hope someone can help PEACE AND LIGHT TO ONE AND ALL

I generally check when i wake up, when i get to work, before i leave work, when i get home and late evening.

Sad and silly really but you never know. If they are under the cosh they MAY be working overtime. :D

:D:D:D HAHA I think the same as you!!.....and I do the same as you do, and I check all the time, weekend even if late at night..I think they might be working over time as well! :) ....

Updated to include (i think) everyone.

Good luck to you all!

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/04

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/04

Marcjaiyenyen 08/04 Applied in Jamaica

scotland 22/04

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

nelson111 04/05

alanr 07/5

marcjaiyenyen i would email UKBA in the UK for an answer about whether the Documents need to go to Thailand for translation etc.

I suspect not but it is in my opinion, likely to cause some delay at least as there will probably be some sort of checking required.

If you email direct to the UK without all your details and make it a general query would that still be considered bad luck by your other half?

Note i am just a ordinary bloke and have no expertise on this stuff at all but i reckon a quick email won't hurt or hinder.

Sad and silly really but you never know. If they are under the cosh they MAY be working overtime. :D

:D:D:D HAHA I think the same as you!!.....and I do the same as you do, and I check all the time, weekend even if late at night..I think they might be working over time as well! :) ....

Same same......... Sad... yep...... but we all live in hope.......

This week is going to be even worse for me....... On recent form (10 weeks+ couple of days ) we should be due the answer this week........ that tracking page will be getting a hammering!!!!

Same same......... Sad... yep...... but we all live in hope.......

This week is going to be even worse for me....... On recent form (10 weeks+ couple of days ) we should be due the answer this week........ that tracking page will be getting a hammering!!!!

Being 5 days behind you i am praying for yours to go through quickly almost as much as i am praying for mine. :D

Well if I don't get news tomorrow. We will be record breakers at 11 Weeks on Tue

I don't think anyone on here has taken 11 weeks. I am sort of banking on tomorrow

having said that I was thinking Fri and that was a No No

If we dont get news tomorrow I will be realy Peed off, And if no news Tue, Sick as A parrot

I would expect at least 3 next week Nothing since the 2 who got them Last Monday

Lets hope this is the week to break records at least 3 Visas issued to folks on here

Good Luck To All

Just spoke to the Mrs and the Embassy has been in touch with her for the first time. Apparantly I need to fax over a copy of my passport, specifically the page that shows the arrival and departure stamp of my last visit. As I'm in the UK I compiled all the paperwork (including certified copy of my passport with the stamped pages from the local solictor) here in the UK before my last visit (March 09) then travelled out to Thailand for the marriage and handed over the paperwork to the Mrs to present to the Embassy.

I guess, in hindsight, I could have copied the passport again with my entry stamp into Thailand and attached it to the certified copy. But I'm at lot of loss of how I could do that with exit (from Thailand) stamp.......through immigration, next stop Heathrow :) ? Bear in mind too that the passport already had six BKK entry/exit stamps already in it.

The Embassy also wanted a faxed Dr's certificate of the wife's pregnancy. She was sure that it was already included.

Anyhows, at least I have heard something, and it should all be easily sorted. The wife did say they wanted to give her the visa but these bits were missing. Should give those around Mar30th date that things are afoot. Doing a mrburb, it feels like those applications ahead of me, certainly the 3 earliset should hear next week.

Ok, so off I went yesterday to the Library to photocopy and then fax the documents (£2.50 per fax sheet, good eh). After 30 mins of trying the guy at the counter gave up, "Need to check the number mate....can't get through". Tried to confirm the number with the Mrs, but she was eating noodles and nothing gets in the way between her and noodles. Went to Rymans and same storey, could not transmit. Went home and got through to the Mrs to check the number. She had no problems faxing the embassy with the Dr's certificate and repeated the number...same same no difference.

Am I doing something wrong here? To fax Thailand you add 0066 and delete the 0 from ther fax number. Is this right? Any help would be appreciated. Can't believe fax technology is holding up the process. :D

Just spoke to the Mrs and the Embassy has been in touch with her for the first time. Apparantly I need to fax over a copy of my passport, specifically the page that shows the arrival and departure stamp of my last visit. As I'm in the UK I compiled all the paperwork (including certified copy of my passport with the stamped pages from the local solictor) here in the UK before my last visit (March 09) then travelled out to Thailand for the marriage and handed over the paperwork to the Mrs to present to the Embassy.

I guess, in hindsight, I could have copied the passport again with my entry stamp into Thailand and attached it to the certified copy. But I'm at lot of loss of how I could do that with exit (from Thailand) stamp.......through immigration, next stop Heathrow :) ? Bear in mind too that the passport already had six BKK entry/exit stamps already in it.

The Embassy also wanted a faxed Dr's certificate of the wife's pregnancy. She was sure that it was already included.

Anyhows, at least I have heard something, and it should all be easily sorted. The wife did say they wanted to give her the visa but these bits were missing. Should give those around Mar30th date that things are afoot. Doing a mrburb, it feels like those applications ahead of me, certainly the 3 earliset should hear next week.

Ok, so off I went yesterday to the Library to photocopy and then fax the documents (£2.50 per fax sheet, good eh). After 30 mins of trying the guy at the counter gave up, "Need to check the number mate....can't get through". Tried to confirm the number with the Mrs, but she was eating noodles and nothing gets in the way between her and noodles. Went to Rymans and same storey, could not transmit. Went home and got through to the Mrs to check the number. She had no problems faxing the embassy with the Dr's certificate and repeated the number...same same no difference.

Am I doing something wrong here? To fax Thailand you add 0066 and delete the 0 from ther fax number. Is this right? Any help would be appreciated. Can't believe fax technology is holding up the process. :D

That is what you would do 0066 Then miss out the first 0 from the Number What Number did you use ?

Sounds like they Cocked up If your wife is using the same Number Maybe a pause after the 0066 will do the trick

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Just had A thought Maybe the FAX machine is turned OFF for the Weekend. You could try to ring it and see if you get the skeeching noise No noise could Indicate it's OFF

Edited by kennkate

That is what you would do 0066 Then miss out the first 0 from the Number What Number did you use ?

Sounds like they Cocked up If your wife is using the same Number Maybe a pause after the 0066 will do the trick

Just had A thought Maybe the FAX machine is turned OFF for the Weekend. You could try to ring it and see if you get the skeeching noise No noise could Indicate it's OFF

Some fax machines refuse connection once they run out of paper. Could be because it is a weekend and nobody there to refill it.

Some fax machines refuse connection once they run out of paper. Could be because it is a weekend and nobody there to refill it.

Thanks for the replies fellas. I thought the same maybe turn the m/c off at weekends. However, the Mrs sent her fax on Saturday and no problems, "Dee dee" she says. I tried ringing too and got the screeching sound so it is on. I'm off to try again...and to enjoy the thai like weather.