Uk Settlement

Just to let you all know i haven't given up praying for you all.

Update on our situation. Wife arrived Saturday and quite frankly it has been great having her here. Admitted we slept about 15 hours straight once i had finally driven her back from Heathrow. :)

Will keep on looking in. I feel sure there must be a lot of good news stories arriving this week.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another week and a new page

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 10 weeks 2 days

chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 4 days

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 3 days

Friend Boo ILE 16/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3 (RTD 10/4)

Sumrit 24/3 (RTD 10/4)

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/06/09 10 weeks

fluidfusion 27/3 (RTD 8/4)

TickTock 30/3 (RTD 23/5)

George & Dragon 30/03

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4 (RTD 5/6)

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4 (RTD 16/6)

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 (RTD 02/5)

Kate46 (son) 08/4 (RTD 14/6)

AndyJoy 08/4 (RTD 1/5)

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 Applied in Jamaica (RTD 30/5)

scotland 22/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4 (RTD 24/5)

Rolypies 29/4 (RTD 14/5) - Granted 10/06/09 6 weeks

Castor83 (RTD 01/7)

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/5

true blue 14/5 (RTD 01/7)

spot 15/5

ajsp9 02/6

Wife arrived Saturday and quite frankly it has been great having her here. Admitted we slept about 15 hours straight once i had finally driven her back from Heathrow. :D

Slept for 15 hours.......... nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more!!! :)

Date format changed to read Month then Day then Year.

Time it was handed in is now shown

Looks like it Changed Today

Nothing else changed, Still no progress. with the Visas

Too busy messing about with the Computers.

I think you will find that the people in the VFS are bored with nothing much to do, ie too few passports to hand back, so they are playing with the computers to keep themselves busy.

Tracking page changes, before it said your application was forwarded to the embassy 1st april, now doesnt give date and in the date box has change to give the time of application. anyone else has changed ???

mine has changes, first when I looked and it doesn't look the same, I was happy "hey! might have good news, but after I read, oh sh_t it's the same!!! :)

I think you will find that the people in the VFS are bored with nothing much to do, ie too few passports to hand back, so they are playing with the computers to keep themselves busy.

yeah, they want to show us "look!! I'm working so hard and I'm so busy, dont you see, eh?? :)

Tracking page changes, before it said your application was forwarded to the embassy 1st april, now doesnt give date and in the date box has change to give the time of application. anyone else has changed ???

mine has changes, first when I looked and it doesn't look the same, I was happy "hey! might have good news, but after I read, oh sh_t it's the same!!! :D

Same here, I thought this was it, but I reckon they done this to just get are hopes up, I wonder if a member works for VFS :) if so can you please get the embassy to hurry up as my birthday is in 3 weeks time and I would like my wife & son here with me :D

Its taking minimum 10 weeks.

We know!!!! Into my 13th week waiting already.... :)

When I left my wife behind in Thailand 10 weeks ago, I had just one or 2 grey hairs........... Now it's a case of spot the brown hairs..... cos ther's not many left!!!

SO why then is it taking 11 or 12 or even 13 weeks for some people? 95% cleared and sorted within 12 weeks, now you are saying minimum 10 weeks, so there's a 2 week window. 10 to 12 weeks, and what type of service are we paying for? think of all the heartache some people are going through and you come on and say its taking a minimum or 10 weeks, well i very sorry but it ain't good enough!!!!!!

sorry if i offend, peace and light. :):D

SO why then is it taking 11 or 12 or even 13 weeks for some people? 95% cleared and sorted within 12 weeks, now you are saying minimum 10 weeks, so there's a 2 week window. 10 to 12 weeks, and what type of service are we paying for? think of all the heartache some people are going through and you come on and say its taking a minimum or 10 weeks, well i very sorry but it ain't good enough!!!!!!

Marc, I think ThaiVisa was replying to a request by Sumrit back on page 29. On average for his clients it is taking 10 weeks. I've resigned myself to the fact that the ECO dealing with my case is wearing a badge with "Trainee" written on it........perhaps we've all got the same ECO :D

Can anyone explain just how youtrack an application?

I've been given a code starting GW then some numbers, plus the wife's birthday being entered but it comes up as invalid search.

I received an email from the VFS whgich said she's in the queue, be patient.

Am I doing anything wrong?

I've been given a code starting GW then some numbers, plus the wife's birthday being entered but it comes up as invalid search.

On the receipt they gave your wife when she applied there should be an number like this "APET/123456/654321/1" - this is the number you use for tracking.

Marc, I think ThaiVisa was replying to a request by Sumrit back on page 29. On average for his clients it is taking 10 weeks. I've resigned myself to the fact that the ECO dealing with my case is wearing a badge with "Trainee" written on it........perhaps we've all got the same ECO :D

tick tock , you are right either that or they have all come back to uk for summer holiday weathers tip top at the moment :D

tick tock , you are right either that or they have all come back to uk for summer holiday weathers tip top at the moment :D

game for everybody to play ECO stands for?

The online tracking takes the form of APET/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/x (all numeric) followed by date of birth of the Mrs dd/mm/yyyy. Unless it is pure coincidence on my part ( I could be wrong) the first six numbers is the date you submitted the application i.e APET/260309/xxxxxx/x was submitted on 26th March 2009.

Where did the GW code come from? I tried to ask the Mrs about the code (I was in UK) and gave up and sent an email to the VFS with some of the wife's and my details asking them to send me the tracking number which they did.

Well another day has gone by without any response for us all.......... But i gotta feeling someone will hear sumit tomorrow. I think we should have all filled in the servey on application experience so far. lol . Well goodluck guys ...............

On the receipt they gave your wife when she applied there should be an number like this "APET/123456/654321/1" - this is the number you use for tracking.

A friends wife had googled the VFS web site and the first one in the google list is the VFS page for Russia and she'd saved that page in her favorites, so every time she looked it just came up 'invalid search' :):D

Actually an easy mistake to make for somebody with limited English reading ability. The only difference in the web address is the 'th' and 'ru' at the end and she didn't try to read the google description for the page.

Looking at the 'APET' number I think the first six numbers refer to the date you applied and the last one is the number for that person in the application (eg. my wife and stepdaughter's application's were submitted together and have the same number except one has '1' on the end and the other has'2'). I don't know about the middle six numbers but I presume it's some sort of numerical count of the applications submitted.

Well another day has gone by without any response for us all.......... But i gotta feeling someone will hear sumit tomorrow. I think we should have all filled in the servey on application experience so far. lol . Well goodluck guys ...............

I hope you just missed the 'r' out and your saying it's me that will hear tomorrow :):D :D

Yet another new page.

Also added a friend of mine, Delboy, I don't think he posts on this site but his wife and stepdaughters applied 30/3.

His wife has just phoned me to say that a friend of hers, who applied on 16/3, saw on the VFS site her passport is ready for collection, she'd also paid for

a text message but as of last night hadn't received one, so Boo, your friend can't be that far away now.

It's the first one I've heard of (that wasn't a special case) in over three weeks. Maybe things are moving again :)

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 10 weeks 2 days

chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 4 days

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 3 days

Friend Boo ILE 16/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3 (RTD 10/4)

Sumrit 24/3 (RTD 10/4)

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/06/09 10 weeks

fluidfusion 27/3 (RTD 8/4)

TickTock 30/3 (RTD 23/5)

George & Dragon 30/03

Delboy 30/3 (RTD 25/4 ?)

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4 (RTD 5/6)

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4 (RTD 16/6)

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 (RTD 02/5)

Kate46 (son) 08/4 (RTD 14/6)

AndyJoy 08/4 (RTD 1/5)

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 Applied in Jamaica (RTD 30/5)

scotland 22/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4 (RTD 24/5)

Rolypies 29/4 (RTD 14/5) - Granted 10/06/09 6 weeks

Castor83 (RTD 01/7)

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/5

true blue 14/5 (RTD 01/7)

spot 15/5

ajsp9 02/6

Yeeepee News News News. Processed Aplication Returned to Courier Text message Recived @ 11.49

Courier in Chang Mai have just told us to ring @ 13.00

Will post Result ASAP Things ARE moving 13 weeks Today for me Fried of Boo ? Sumrit Next

Wife Happy Happy Happy 90% 10% worry it's a refusal.

Yeeepee News News News. Processed Aplication Returned to Courier Text message Recived @ 11.49

Courier in Chang Mai have just told us to ring @ 13.00

Will post Result ASAP Things ARE moving 13 weeks Today for me Fried of Boo ? Sumrit Next

Wife Happy Happy Happy 90% 10% worry it's a refusal.

Thats great news kennkate. Things really are moving at last :):D :D