Uk Settlement

Just come home from my MP cabinet ministers office. I was helped by one of his staff, a very helpful man.

He used the government hot line to the UK boarder agency and gave all our details and after a few minutes of searching the files they could find no detail of our application. He said this was very unusual. The guy from the UK BA will e-mail the embassy today and will expect something in the morning. I was told that using the hot line would rattle cages if you get my drift.[/size]

Hopefully now your MPs office is on the case something will happen. If we hadn't got our answer last week, I was thinking of contacting my MP - he is a government whip, and has had success in the past with sorting out immigration problems.

Good luck Chewy..... at least you know something is happening now. Hopefully a few bottoms will get kicked and you will hear some good news very soon.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder if they did the same to the others and lost there files ?

This has been a fear of mine and I have contacted the embassy to clarify they actually have our application.

Still awaiting a reply.

May I add the UK border agency has to be informed of all applications so is ours lost?

Are you sure? Who told you this?

As far as I'm aware, there is no such requirement; unless there is some aspect of the application which means a decision cannot be made at a local level.

Have the procedures been changed?

I think you need to open a seperate thread on this so it would be more easy to follow replies to it Pingit.

The 2 items you mention hadn't adequately shown accommodation and maintenance

Is the accommodation adequate for the 3 of you

Did you show proof of maintenance or how your spouse has lived for the last 2 years

Thanks I will do that. Just to answer your question on the other message you left me... yes she had a 2 years visit visa, however like I mentioned we travelled back and forward from uk to thailand for just the reason you mentioned, that this only allows visits of up to 6 months at a time. We usually stayed 3 or 4 months here,and then the same over in thailand. What I meant was that we have always been together were-ever in the world.

I had given my accounts and the lease for our house along with the council tax letter. The lease would have let him know about how big the house is. maybe i should have taken pictures??

point is, rather than split a family up with a 1 year old son, he / she might have asked for it. I see many others being requested for further documents after filling in the application and applying.???

May I add the UK border agency has to be informed of all applications so is ours lost?

Are you sure? Who told you this?

As far as I'm aware, there is no such requirement; unless there is some aspect of the application which means a decision cannot be made at a local level.

Have the procedures been changed?

Just what I was informed of today in his office as he spoke to one of the boarder agency officers on the phone. It’s amazing what you can pick up if you sit quite and listed in. I was also able to listen to a few other private conversations but wont go into that.

Pingit,

See the reply I gave to your duplicate post in another thread.

Chewy,

I'm still unconvinced that the UKBA is notified of every visa application in every embassy, high commission or consulate worldwide , I'm afraid.

However, best wishes to you and all those waiting for a decision. Hope you hear something soon.

Edited by 7by7

Pingit,

See the reply I gave to your duplicate post in another thread.

Chewy,

I'm still unconvinced that the UKBA is notified of every visa application in every embassy, high commission or consulate worldwide , I'm afraid.

However, best wishes to you and all those waiting for a decision. Hope you hear something soon.

Hi 7by7,

yes I read your post already, and thats what I meant to answer. We didn't actually live in the UK for the full 2 years... We lived together between UK and Thailand... 3 or 4 months in each place at a time.

Anyhow, the reason he gave is all about maintenance and accommodation.

Then at the bottom of his letter he contradicted himself by saying , " Whilst Im happy with your evidence of your sponsors employment and accommodattion..." ????

huh???

I wonder if they did the same to the others and lost there files ?

This has been a fear of mine and I have contacted the embassy to clarify they actually have our application.

Still awaiting a reply.

When I was asked to send through additional information for the Mrs application I was asked to write clearly on each document a six figure numeric reference that I had not come across before - The Embassy provided this number verbally. It had nothing to do with the APET number which I believe now is just an 'out and in' at the VFS. I'm speculating here, that once an application is in the Embassy you are allocated a new ref number that is not shared unless the Embassy needs to communicate with you.

The point that FF is making above - just because you have an APET number does not mean that an ECO 'is on your case' - feels like this in chew's case. The Embassy must be shifting thousands of individual documents/cases and mistakes are bound to happen, which is absolutely no comfort to the March people. I've had personal experience of it.

I do hope Chew, Sumrit and FF get some kind of resolution soon. In anybody's book this is not right.

JT - good luck for tomorrow, sure everything will be o'right. My Mrs attended the Embassy today with her passport to get her Visa 'inserted', no problems, she mentioned that there was only one other person in the Visa section - guess this has all been moved down the road to the VFS.

[quote

JT - good luck for tomorrow, sure everything will be o'right. My Mrs attended the Embassy today with her passport to get her Visa 'inserted', no problems, she mentioned that there was only one other person in the Visa section - guess this has all been moved down the road to the VFS.

You have now got me worried TT, my wife is going to VFS to pick up her passport not the embassy and the guy on the phone wanted her to come today but she said she could not make it until tomorrow, maybe they just want us out of the way for the new batch :D

D-DAY 11 HOURS :) AND COUNTING :D

Edited by JASON THAI

[quote

You have now got me worried TT, my wife is going to VFS to pick up her passport not the embassy and the guy on the phone wanted her to come today but she said she could not make it until tomorrow, maybe they just want us out of the way for the new batch :D

JT - no need to worry. My Mrs has got to go the Embasssy because she already received her passport with the dreaded "Enterance Visa Declined" which was overturned on Monday and was told to turn up at the Embassy today were she went through the process of sticking the visa into the passport etc - takes two hours. In normal circumstances you do not go to the Embassy - it's a VFS job (or posted). Have a jar of your favourite tipple. :D

[quote

WELL DONE JT, APRILS IS STARTING TO MOVE NOW , HEART GOES OUT TO THE MARCH CHAPS AND LASSES TOO, HOPE TOMORROW BRINGS YOU SUCCESS :D

Well It's time to move the list of nutters or better known as the Ting Tong Party to a new page I hope you manage to escape ! well it is Friday so they might let you out early ! :)

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks)

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days)

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days)

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days)

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks)

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days)

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks)

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days)

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days)

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case)

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day)

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks)

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days)

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days)

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days)

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days)

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks)

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day)

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days)

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks)

Fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days)

George & Dragon 30/03

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day)

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks)

JasonThai 02/4 Granted TBC in 24 hours 25/6 - (12 weeks)

Mrburb 03/4

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica)

Dolphy 21/4

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Gena 29/4

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case)

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Alanr 07/5

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

Ade2007 29/5

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

SETTLEMENT VISA HALL OF FAME

Shortest time for a visa to be granted (4 weeks 6 days)

Longest time for a visa to be granted (13 weeks 3 days)

Record amount of visa's granted in one day (3)

Record amount of visa's granted in one week (7)

Best day's for visa's being granted (Monday 22.22%, Friday 22.22%, Wednesday 22.22%, Tuesday 18.52% & Thursday 14.81%)

Visa's granted so far 27 out of 53 (50.94%)

Visa's failed so far 0 out of 27 (0%)

Visa success rate (100%)

Visa's still waiting for an answer 26 out of 53 (49.06%)

PROCESSING TIME ! (Figures Based on a Average For The Month)

Feb's processing time ( 8 weeks 3 days )

March's processing time ( 11 weeks 2 days ) expect this to go up by a week or two !

April's processing time (12 weeks)

Pingit.

I had given my accounts and the lease for our house along with the council tax letter. The lease would have let him know about how big the house is. maybe i should have taken pictures??

- yes we did, we taken pictures and wrotes a title under each picture, bed room 1, bed room 2, guest room, kitchen.......

Edited by CinnamonRoll

I am so pissed with this that I have an appointment at 3:30 with my MPs office today and he is a cabinet minister.

With a bit of luck that might do the trick.

Just come home from my MP cabinet ministers office. I was helped by one of his staff, a very helpful man.

He used the government hot line to the UK boarder agency and gave all our details and after a few minutes of searching the files they could find no detail of our application. He said this was very unusual. The guy from the UK BA will e-mail the embassy today and will expect something in the morning. I was told that using the hot line would rattle cages if you get my drift.

Will update asap

Edit

I haven't been on line for a couple of days because we've not been at home so I'm just catching up with everything.

Chewy this is a nightmare, I've been thinking along the same lines as you, but as I'm in Thailand I've asked my daughter to see if I can phone my MP from here, but she hasn't got back to me yet. I saw your post this morning about there not being any record of your wife's application and thats what I've been fearing, that when our files were first sent to the Embassy they were 'maybe put in the wrong box' and files away so never processed. So I've just phoned the Embassy (not the VFS office) and insisted on speaking to somebody from the visa section. At first the switchboard operator said they didn't accept phone calls but, after relaying the basics of your post, and insisting that I do speak to somebody and update I phoned the Embassy literally ten minutes ago then came straight on here to post and, before I could even finish the post, the Embassy have phoned just my wife back to say 'they have issued the visas to her and her daughter and she can collect them Monday or Tuesday'. :):D

That means either they found the file and approved the visas in ten minutes OR they were already approved but just sitting on somebodies desk/in a box somewhere waiting for god knows what. And we'll probably never find out either.

Anybody want to rent a house in Chonburi? :D :D

I am so pissed with this that I have an appointment at 3:30 with my MPs office today and he is a cabinet minister.

He used the government hot line to the UK boarder agency and gave all our details and after a few minutes of searching the files they could find no detail of our application. He said this was very unusual. The guy from the UK BA will e-mail the embassy today and will expect something in the morning. I was told that using the hot line would rattle cages if you get my drift.

Will update asap

Edit

I haven't been on line for a couple of days because we've not been at home so I'm just catching up with everything.

Chewy this is a nightmare, I've been thinking along the same lines as you, but as I'm in Thailand I've asked my daughter to see if I can phone my MP from here, but she hasn't got back to me yet. I saw your post this morning about there not being any record of your wife's application and thats what I've been fearing, that when our files were first sent to the Embassy they were 'maybe put in the wrong box' and files away so never processed. So I've just phoned the Embassy (not the VFS office) and insisted on speaking to somebody from the visa section. At first the switchboard operator said they didn't accept phone calls but, after relaying the basics of your post, and insisting that I do speak to somebody and update I phoned the Embassy literally ten minutes ago then came straight on here to post and, before I could even finish the post, the Embassy have phoned just my wife back to say 'they have issued the visas to her and her daughter and she can collect them Monday or Tuesday'. :):D

That means either they found the file and approved the visas in ten minutes OR they were already approved but just sitting on somebodies desk/in a box somewhere waiting for god knows what. And we'll probably never find out either.

Anybody want to rent a house in Chonburi? :D:D

congratulations Sumrit!! excellent news. Wish all the family are the best :D

Well It's time to move the (updated) list of nutters or better known as the Ting Tong Party to a new page I hope you manage to escape ! well it is Friday so they might let you out early !

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks)

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days)

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days)

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days)

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks)

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days)

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks)

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days)

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days)

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case)

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day)

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks)

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days)

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days)

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days)

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days)

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks)

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day)

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days)

Sumrit 24/3 Granted 26/6 - (13 weeks 4 days)

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks)

Fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days)

George & Dragon 30/03

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day)

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks)

JasonThai 02/4 Granted TBC in 24 hours 25/6 - (12 weeks)

Mrburb 03/4

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica)

Dolphy 21/4

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Gena 29/4

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case)

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Alanr 07/5

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

Ade2007 29/5

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

SETTLEMENT VISA HALL OF FAME

Shortest time for a visa to be granted (4 weeks 6 days)

Longest time for a visa to be granted (13 weeks 4 days)

Record amount of visa's granted in one day (3)

Record amount of visa's granted in one week (7)

Best day's for visa's being granted (Monday 22.22%, Friday 22.22%, Wednesday 22.22%, Tuesday 18.52% & Thursday 14.81%)

Visa's granted so far 27 out of 53 (50.94%)

Visa's failed so far 0 out of 27 (0%)

Visa success rate (100%)

Visa's still waiting for an answer 26 out of 53 (49.06%)

PROCESSING TIME ! (Figures Based on a Average For The Month)

Feb's processing time ( 8 weeks 3 days )

March's processing time ( 11 weeks 2 days ) expect this to go up by a week or two !

April's processing time (12 weeks)

CONGRATULATIONS Jason Thai yours was granted yesterday while we weren't here. :)

EXCELLENT RESULT SUMRIT AND YOUR FAMILY , enjoy your lifes together so happy your wait is over, special shout out for chewy, thinking about you and i cant imagine what your head is going through , just be strong and positive . feel soon good news is coming your way very soon. :D PEACE AND LIGHT TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY :D

Will update asap

Edit

Anybody want to rent a house in Chonburi? :D:D

Got a call from the missus today, passport's ready for collection!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got to wait to see if she got the Visa granted now... Will know in about 30 minutes!!!!!!

:):D:D

Sumrit, your prediction was on the nose!

Yesterday so angry with visa situation sent 2 emails one to visa enq, one to complaints and forwarded a copy of a original complaint email i sent late april never got a reply to this and mentioned that yesterday!

Today i get email saying passport ready for collection!

Will update on the outcome.

PS Fluidvision sorry for your bad news.

Edited by muaylaosfalang