Uk Settlement

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our application has been refused as the ECO who handled it did not see adequate evidence that I have a job!

I am self employed, I included my company bank statements, anuall accounts and a complete list f my clients with our application bu this has not been accepted.

The sky truly has fallen in for me, I am utterly crushed.

Our application has been refused as the ECO who handled it did not see adequate evidence that I have a job!

I am self employed, I included my company bank statements, anuall accounts and a complete list f my clients with our application bu this has not been accepted.

I'm seriously worried now, because I don't have a full time job yet...

Really sorry for you.

Did your accounts show that you draw a salery, as company accounts dont prove you have a job.

I have 2 companies 1 has accounts and bank statment but is not a job, but the other is as i take my salary from it.

Edited by borodave

Did your accounts show that you draw a salery, as company accounts dont prove you have a job.

I have 2 companies 1 has accounts and bank statment but is not a job, but the other is as i take my salary from it.

Yes, my bank statements and company accounts both show money drawn as a salary. They have complained that I have not subbmitted payslips but as I am self employed, I don't have payslips.

The way I see it, in order to get the decision overturned, I need to argue that the evidence I have provided is adequate and all I could have supplied.

I know that by submitting further evidence would mean that our application was incomplete the first time round and the decision would be justified according to the rules.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

My god this has been an active end to the week.

First of all congratulations for Sumrit are well in order. About time is all i can say.

Fluidfusion i hope the reason for the refusal is petty and easily overturned for you as i would hate it for any of us to lose out after such a long wait.

Muaylaosfalang i have my fingers crossed for you on the result.

All self employed dont have wage slips, your year accounts are your wage slip as we are judged by proffits as 1 year wage slip.

is your company Ltd or sole trader ??

If sole trader your account should have had a balance sheet showing personal drawings and balance of account

Edited by borodave

Yes, my bank statements and company accounts both show money drawn as a salary. They have complained that I have not subbmitted payslips but as I am self employed, I don't have payslips.

The way I see it, in order to get the decision overturned, I need to argue that the evidence I have provided is adequate and all I could have supplied.

I know that by submitting further evidence would mean that our application was incomplete the first time round and the decision would be justified according to the rules.

Might be worth speaking to your MP as it would seem they are able to fast track any complaints. Somehow i doubt you personally will EVER get an ECO to overturn their own decision on something like this without a good strong push.

Absolutely gutted for you mate. Friend of mine is in a similar situation for this over proof of accomodation and appealed a month ago. He just got a letter stating they will LOOK at it by October 20. :)

Wrong as we have had 1 case on here that has been reviewed and overturned by the ECO, and as regards MPs cant do anything on a decision.

What you need to do is look at your accounts and the answer is there, if you think their have overlooked something then you have a chance but if you think that your evidence was poor then he has done his job and (i no hard to take) made his decision on this.

It is dificult to advise as we dont no if your accounts where pro former or there didnt show as a full time self employment of part time self employment.

If you want to PM me fluidfusion i will be happy to try and help as i am self employed and i didnt show wage slips and a great deal in profit

Edited by borodave

Well the wife went to collect her passport and guess what they issued the visa (yeppie) :) well done to Sumrit the long wait paid off

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks)

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days)

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days)

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days)

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks)

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days)

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks)

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days)

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days)

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case)

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day)

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks)

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days)

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days)

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days)

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days)

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks)

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day)

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days)

Sumrit 24/3 Granted 26/6 - (13 weeks 4 days)

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks)

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused 03/06 - (13 weeks)

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days)

George & Dragon 30/03

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day)

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks)

JasonThai 02/4 Granted 25/6 - (12 weeks)

Mrburb 03/4

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 Granted 26/6 TBC - (12 weeks)

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica)

Dolphy 21/4

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Gena 29/4

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case)

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Alanr 07/5

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

Ade2007 29/5

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

SETTLEMENT VISA HALL OF FAME

Shortest time for a visa to be granted (4 weeks 6 days)

Longest time for a visa to be granted (13 weeks 4 days)

Record amount of visa's granted in one day (3)

Record amount of visa's granted in one week (7)

Best day's for visa's being granted (Monday 22.22%, Friday 22.22%, Wednesday 22.22%, Tuesday 18.52% & Thursday 14.81%)

Visa's granted so far 27 out of 53 (50.94%)

Visa's failed so far 0 out of 27 (0%)

Visa success rate (100%)

Visa's still waiting for an answer 26 out of 53 (49.06%)

PROCESSING TIME ! (Figures Based on a Average For The Month)

Feb's processing time ( 8 weeks 3 days )

March's processing time ( 11 weeks 2 days ) expect this to go up by a week or two !

April's processing time (12 weeks)

ff mate im gutted for you mate definitly a wrong dicision.

the evedence that you supplied should have been ok for them

this wont help you,but when me and the mrs applied for her s/v ididnt even have ajob in england.was in thai for two years

all i had was a simple letter from a company stateing that i had work to return to,no salary details no hous to be worked etc.

so i dont understand their dicision,you should get onto there case asap and get this overturned mate.

jp

Wrong as we have had 1 case on here that has been reviewed and overturned by the ECO, and as regards MPs cant do anything on a decision.

What you need to do is look at your accounts and the answer is there, if you think their have overlooked something then you have a chance but if you think that your evidence was poor then he has done his job and (i no hard to take) made his decision on this.

It is dificult to advise as we dont no if your accounts where pro former or there didnt show as a full time self employment of part time self employment.

If you want to PM me fluidfusion i will be happy to try and help as i am self employed and i didnt show wage slips and a great deal in profit

I may need your help please be on standby. Nothing for me today.

what happened to George & Dragon? we know about Chewy, so I must be next along with mrburb, god I am nervous, reading about Fluidfusion, as made it worse, I am also self employed, changed accountants 2yrs ago and he doesent give me a balance sheet at the end of the year, but he did write a profit and loss sheet detailing sales gross income profit etc.. which was printed on his letterheaded paper he signed a dated them, also have a friend who uses the same accountant did the same thing for him and he got a settlement visa for his Thai wife but that was a year or so ago. anyway I fly out to Thailand on Sunday to wait for the visa, and have already booked the wife on the return leg along with my baby son, so I need the visa before 16th July.

Good luck Fluidfusion & Chewy :)

i can only talk about what i did (successful application) and not how every one that got a visa did it.

I am not saying you need it as all there say is sufficent documentation to help the ECO to make his decision, so the more CLEAR your accounts the better.

Dont leave it up to the ECO (he is only human and could have had a beer or 2 the night before) to look threw your Bank statments and try to work out what you had coming in as wages.

A balance sheet will show cash in bank, assets and what has been drawn as personel drawing which would help ECO to follow then he cant overlook it.

My acounts are 3 pages 1st profit & loss, 2nd balance sheet and 3rd tax computations.

If anyone has been successful then this is what a newsgroup is about and helping fellow members in a hour of need is welcome.

All a person can do is weigh up the answers and do it his own way he fells best.

hope this help someone.

And remember all ECO are not the same, some new guy getting hold of your case is not something you want to leave to chance as it is your time and money

Edited by borodave

I may need your help please be on standby. Nothing for me today.

chewy if you need to ask then do so as it helps other people, but if it is peronal info then PM me and if i can help i will try.

Mixed news today.

I am self employed and showed bank statements and my last years tax returns, no pay slips required.

The officers have totally diferent ways of looking at things and have no set pattern in which they make there decisions :)

Mixed news today.

I am self employed and showed bank statements and my last years tax returns, no pay slips required.

The officers have totally diferent ways of looking at things and have no set pattern in which they make there decisions :)

Well said Rolypie i forgot to mention your tax return which is more proof as their are from the taxman and can be checked.

Even when you go for a morgage Self employed people are scorned on as accounts can be made up of any amount (beleive me) as their can be proforma accounts, but when you show tax return then the final figure has gone in to the taxman.

Sorry to hog the link but i feel this is what we should be talking about so new applicants get a better idea of what is needed.

As to the amount you earn is not 100% on their decision, i live on a bowl of rice and our lass eats all the bugs around the house so my needs are small so if he said you cant support you and your wife then i would be having a word with him as there tell a person on the dole he can live on peanuts

Edited by borodave

Fluid, I can only give you my experience on this matter but hope it may help. I got a rejection so I do know what you are going through and it was overturned, very rapidly, so let's see what can be done. You say it was down to the fact that you did not have a job - so this feels like a financial thing. My rejection was based on 're-course to public funds'. My understanding is that you don't need to have a job, just evidence that you do not need recourse to public funds. Have you actually seen the rejection letter? The reason for asking is that the Mrs could not articulate to me the reason why it was rejected, I'm UK based. When the Mrs finally scanned the refusal notice through it finally twigged to me what the problem was and to be fair to her a fluent English speaking/reading Thai would have problems understanding the jargon.

As you are self-employed the situation is more complex, but the point I'm making is this could be a presentation 'of the facts' problem. The information is there but for the ECO has he/her interpreted the facts incorrectly? Is it worth scanning and email your documents you originally submitted again with a guide to say "Document 2 shows that this is line which shows (big arrow, pointing to the amount) my income for month/year etc"?

I suggest you need to demonstrate that this a 'lost in translation' error/oversight and warrant a review. It's in everybodies interest too to nip in the bud at this stage and give it a 'yeah' at this stage.

Sorry to hear about your case fluid fusion. I'm in EXACTLY the same position as you, as ours has been refused on the same basis, the recourse of public funds. I have my own business too, and showed my last years accounts and a few bank statements.

I have been on the phone and also emailing , trying to directly reach the ECM. Found out their names, and have been trying to reach them. We have a son and this decision has split us all apart for the first time in around 2 years ! im gutted too! Our son is only 1 years old. He is a british citizen as well as I, so it really is hard. In my letter the ECO mentioned I should have submitted more bank statements. were you given an interview fluidfusion? or any request for further docs? If he had requested further bank statements It would have been easier.

Now I have been to see my MP who is going to make sure it gets reviewed as soon as, and I have sent in copies of a savings account over the last 3 months, as the ECO said we didn't show that there were readily available funds for her arrival to the UK. Will my savings account do the trick on this point? Also I will send further pics of my house too. all my family are gutted here as its my mum and dads first grandchild. Absolute nightmare !

Man Im really stressed about this all, and know how you feel.

all the best and just stay calm, get it turned around.

A letter of sponsorship giving details of your occupation and salary and how you will provide support and accommodation for the applicant. There is no need to have this letter certified (in other words, signed) before a solicitor or commissioner for oaths to confirm it is genuine.

Evidence of your ability to pay for the trip, such as copies of your last six months' bank or building society statements and salary slips. If you receive public funds, the Entry Clearance Officer will need to consider carefully how long you will be able to support other people on your limited means. You will not be able to get extra public funds to support the applicant.

So you dont need to have a job if you can show you have resources for the 2 year and then there will review your case

Edited by borodave

:D:) Application refused today, Due to the fact i am self employed as a soul trader and the company has not been going long enough for the end of year profit calculations. They seem to think we may be reduced to goverment funding.

We even submitted a seperate sponsorship information from my family with thier bank statments and income accomodation etc. Letters from doctors stating it's possably unsafe for me to continue to live in Thailand due to having my spleen removed from a bike accident there, and i am now unable to fight certain infections like dengue and maleria.

They still refused. What do i do now? sell everything and return to Thailand? our life is in bit's now.. :D

WHAT

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused SELF EMPLOYED

TickTock 30/3 Granted but refused at first SELF EMPLOYED

George & Dragon 30/03 Refused 26/06 SELF EMPLOYED

Pingit ????? SELF EMPLOYED

looks like you where all in the same box, If the ECO's are given 32 applications at a time

does it mention the officer on the refusal ??

Edited by borodave