Uk Settlement

Now updated

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks)

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days)

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days)

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days)

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks)

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days)

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks)

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days)

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days)

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case)

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day)

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks)

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days)

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days)

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days)

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days)

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks)

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day)

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days)

Sumrit 24/3 Granted 26/6 - (13 weeks 4 days)

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks)

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused 26/6 - (13 weeks)

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days)

George & Dragon 30/03 Refused 26/6 - (12 weeks 4 days)

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day)

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks)

JasonThai 02/4 Granted 25/6 - (12 weeks)

Mrburb 03/4

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 Granted 26/6 TBC - (12 weeks)

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica)

Dolphy 21/4

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Gena 29/4

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case)

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Alanr 07/5

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

Ade2007 29/5

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

SETTLEMENT VISA HALL OF FAME

Shortest time for a visa to be granted (4 weeks 6 days)

Longest time for a visa to be granted (13 weeks 4 days)

Record amount of visa's granted in one day (4)

Record amount of visa's granted in one week (7)

Best day's for visa's being granted (Friday 32.26%, Monday 19.35%, Wednesday 19.35%, Tuesday 16.13% & Thursday 12.90%)

Visa's granted so far 31 out of 53 (58.49%)

Visa's failed so far 2 out of 31 (6.45%)

Visa success rate (93.55%)

Visa's still waiting for an answer 22 out of 53 (41.51%)

PROCESSING TIME ! (Figures Based on a Average For The Month)

Feb's processing time ( 8 weeks 3 days )

March's processing time ( 11 weeks 4 days ) expect this to go up by a week !

April's processing time (12 weeks)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:D:) Application refused today, Due to the fact i am self employed as a soul trader and the company has not been going long enough for the end of year profit calculations. They seem to think we may be reduced to goverment funding.

We even submitted a seperate sponsorship information from my family with thier bank statments and income accomodation etc. Letters from doctors stating it's possably unsafe for me to continue to live in Thailand due to having my spleen removed from a bike accident there, and i am now unable to fight certain infections like dengue and maleria.

They still refused. What do i do now? sell everything and return to Thailand? our life is in bit's now.. :D

sorry to hear that guy, hope you can sort things out very soon.

I am really worrying how my application will turn out :D

Borodave,

no it doesn't say his name on the refusal letter. that bit is left blank on ours. we are gonna appeal this obviously with further bank account details of a saving account. if that fails dont know what we will do? does that mean we have to live seperate for ever? its shocking ! how about our son???

WHAT

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused SELF EMPLOYED

TickTock 30/3 Granted but refused at first SELF EMPLOYED

George & Dragon 30/03 Refused 26/06 SELF EMPLOYED

Pingit ????? SELF EMPLOYED

looks like you where all in the same box, If the ECO's are given 32 applications at a time

does it mention the officer on the refusal ??

Chewy ???? SELF EMPLOYED

WHAT

looks like you where all in the same box, If the ECO's are given 32 applications at a time

Chewy ???? SELF EMPLOYED

and all march, I am self employed but just in April pheww! someone has it in for the self employed or clearly doesn't understand the concept of self employed, I wait anticipating the worst, :)

First of all, is Settlement Visa the same as Fiance??

My girlfriend applied for the Fiance Visa last week 19/06, we intend to get married in England this September.

She will then live in England with me.

If you intend for her to live with you in the UK on a permanant basis then yes it is a settlement visa..

A friend of mine owns a restaurant in the UK and with his (mainly Bangladeshi) staff has had various immigration issues.

When he last saw me, knowing the situation with my Mrs and I, he mentioned that he knows a good immigration lawyer.

Does anyone have any comments on using such a lawyer to overturn decisions or speed the process up?

First of all, is Settlement Visa the same as Fiance??

My girlfriend applied for the Fiance Visa last week 19/06, we intend to get married in England this September.

She will then live in England with me.

If you intend for her to live with you in the UK on a permanant basis then yes it is a settlement visa..

Cheers, I best get ready for the long wait.

I will keep this updated with any news we recieve!

I remember reading on the guidance for the settlement visa application that if circumstances change during the application, we are to tell them. However, yesterday my Mrs rang the visa place and asked to 'tack on' various payslips that I have accrued since our application which I believe support or enhance our application (i.e. our circumstances are changing in that they are improving).

I'm sure you've guessed already, not allowed to do that!

Which is it to be? If I lose a job, should I not now tell them? If I gain a better one, it seems I'm not allowed to...

WHAT

Dave, a small correction, I am not Self-employed, however, I don't think it detracts from what you are saying. Self-employed seems to be more complicated.

On the refusal form at the end you should be able to find what I beleieve are the initials of the ECO.

I remember reading on the guidance for the settlement visa application that if circumstances change during the application, we are to tell them. However, yesterday my Mrs rang the visa place and asked to 'tack on' various payslips that I have accrued since our application which I believe support or enhance our application (i.e. our circumstances are changing in that they are improving).

I'm sure you've guessed already, not allowed to do that!

Which is it to be? If I lose a job, should I not now tell them? If I gain a better one, it seems I'm not allowed to...

Global, my understanding is that the application is a snapshot of the true facts at that time and if your circumstances change you are not obliged to inform the Embassy. People's circumstances do change especially over (in the cases here) from March, for example, accommodation that you intended to move into falls through etc etc.

i can only talk about what i did (successful application) and not how every one that got a visa did it.

I am not saying you need it as all there say is sufficent documentation to help the ECO to make his decision, so the more CLEAR your accounts the better.

Dont leave it up to the ECO (he is only human and could have had a beer or 2 the night before) to look threw your Bank statments and try to work out what you had coming in as wages.

A balance sheet will show cash in bank, assets and what has been drawn as personel drawing which would help ECO to follow then he cant overlook it.

My acounts are 3 pages 1st profit & loss, 2nd balance sheet and 3rd tax computations.

If anyone has been successful then this is what a newsgroup is about and helping fellow members in a hour of need is welcome.

All a person can do is weigh up the answers and do it his own way he fells best.

hope this help someone.

And remember all ECO are not the same, some new guy getting hold of your case is not something you want to leave to chance as it is your time and money

I'm not an expert on accountancy/small business etc. However, if I had a pending application in (and one that was rejected) and was self-employed I'd be reviewing what I submitted and be asking questions to myself such as: Is it clear? Could this be interpreted as having no salary? Could the ECO think this meant x instead of what I intended etc. Remember, what is obvious to you Businessmen could be confusing to the ECO.

Based on this I go through the financial evidence and highlight the key facts that you want to clarify with a brief covering letter. I'd scan the amended documents again and email them to the visa enquiries address with your APET number and the scanned pdf document. Don't expect a email back saying, "Oh good, thanks, this is just what I needed as I was in two minds.........etc." You never know, I don't think it can do any harm, at worst the Embassy will ignore it and at best it could just provide the clarification before they press the 'No' button.

I don't think the Embassy want to go through a time confusing appeal process (you certainly don't) if it is a genuine mis-understanding of the facts presented.

Good luck.

I don't think the Embassy want to go through a time confusing appeal process (you certainly don't) if it is a genuine mis-understanding of the facts presented

As i z before if you think it is a mis-understanding then it can be turned around, but if its a poor application then he can only reach his conclusion on what he has.

its no good saying HO i will give more evidence now, I would ask the question why didnt you submit it in the first place as i am not here to chase around after you

If you cant be bothered including it in the first place.

Dont expect to put a couple of months bank statment when it clearly asks for 6, as i think you are trying to hide something.

It looks like most rejections are for self employed as which is said before it is not as easy as wage slips and all have mention finance as rejection reason.

Some people think there need to put as much paper work as possible WRONG, there need to be CLEAR on where you are going to live, what finances you have to support your claim and you have been in a relationship with the person.

If you havnt got the evidance then explain why (sample) i dont have any email or phone bills showing my cantact as i use MSN with a webcam as this makes us feel closer together, ok you explained why you dont have it NEVER NEVER TRY TO MAKE EVIDENCE

prepare your application carfullyy and take time to go over and over it and every time you will see something that you think RRRR it doesnt sound right and change it

Be very clear with all in your sponser letter as this is what i think he will build his foundations for example how you have lived for over 2 years with partner, where you will live (3 4 bedroomed ect) how your finances are made up (again no confusion when he reads your accounts)

If you cant do this then you need to use a OISC approved visa agent.

If you need help with your application or advice about the UK's immigration rules and requirements, you should seek advice from a qualified immigration adviser. In the UK immigration advisers regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC - www.oisc.gov.uk).

Edited by borodave

A friend of mine owns a restaurant in the UK and with his (mainly Bangladeshi) staff has had various immigration issues.

When he last saw me, knowing the situation with my Mrs and I, he mentioned that he knows a good immigration lawyer.

Does anyone have any comments on using such a lawyer to overturn decisions or speed the process up?

If you get a refusal, then by all means contact him for help/advice, but I wouldn't try and push your application to the front by using an immigration lawyer. It probably wouldn't work, would cost you money and you may just piss someone off at the embassy trying to throw your weight around and then hey presto, refusal, which may well be overturned later, but has taken longer than it would have originally. If you were doing a job and a customer set a lawyer on you to try and make you do it faster, would you be a) happy or b ) pissed off?

Edited by CharlieB

Agree CharlieB

I would be p iss ed

immigration lawyers will only do an appeal for you to show that the evidance was there it was overlooked or that something you put in should have been taken in consideration. Remember ECO looks at what you give him and not what you kept from him. how can anyone including lawyers call him on a peice of paper he did not see.

rejection and you need to reapply and put that extra paper in next time sorry

I'm self employed, so obviously now worrying.

I did get a letter from my accountant, and a letter from the one main person I deal with. The letters show that the employment is secure.

I also attached 6 months bank statements, and the most recent (stamped by the bank) pay in slips just before we applied.

I also attached a detailed cover letter for the financial section.

Hoping that all this will be OK.

I hope that the recent refusals can get sorted out quickly - I can imagine how I'd feel after waiting for so long. Good luck to you.

Not feeling very confident for my son now, he only has a job offer for when he returns :)

Hard but not impossible as i have read it has been done before. again explain on sponser form that you have a confimed job on return and he has to take it into consideration but show that you have some saving to fall back on for 2 years living.

Edited by borodave

Not feeling very confident for my son now, he only has a job offer for when he returns :)

Hard but not impossible as i have read it has been done before. again explain on sponser form that you have a confimed job on return and he has to take it into consideration but show that you have some saving to fall back on

Yep have done that applied on 8th April so am hoping to hear next week or week after

Hard but not impossible as i have read it has been done before. again explain on sponser form that you have a confimed job on return and he has to take it into consideration but show that you have some saving to fall back on

Yep have done that applied on 8th April so am hoping to hear next week or week after

remember i am no expert and only trying to help Good luck

Not feeling very confident for my son now, he only has a job offer for when he returns :D

remember i am no expert and only trying to help Good luck

thank you...really hope they get it as my first grandaughter was born in May and i cant wait to get my hands on her :):D

Hi again,

can someone please clear up a quick question I have about an appeal after getting a refusal on our settlement visa?

we are doing all the things just now for it, however, all the documents that were in the original application have not been sent back to us? only a few, such as our sons birth certificate, council tax letter, and my accounts from my accountant. Everything else I didn't get back?

So my question is this:

They say to give further documents supporting your appeal which will be fine, but how about the documents in the original application. will they still have them? such as the photos and lease for my house ect ect... or do I have to send in all those again?

reason Im asking is i dont want to appeal and then something silly happens like they say you didn't give us your lease for your house, which they already got the first time and never sent me back.

thanks for any help or advice you guys have, and never give up everyone who got a refusal.

Jay

Hard but not impossible as i have read it has been done before. again explain on sponser form that you have a confimed job on return and he has to take it into consideration but show that you have some saving to fall back on for 2 years living.

kate46

this shouldnt be problam

when me and the mrs applied for her s/v i did just that,i supplied a letter from a company that i have been assosiated with working with for many years while i was in the uk,just a brief letter stateing i had work to return to, nothing fancy,and briefly explained this in my sponsers letter,

and this was ok for the eco.i kept everthing plain and simple for the eco.

good luck,

jp

Tictoc

When you where rejected what was your action to have it over turned

I think you can fax the ECO to ask for him to reconsider and try to explain the misunderstanding and where you went wrong and apply the extra documents with more clear evidence.

I am not sure this can be done before an apeal is actioned. Anyone tried this your views would be very welcome

The official way is to lodge your appeal at the visa section where you were refused, the Entry Clearance Manager will review your case in view of any new evidence that you have supplied with your appeal form. The refusal decision may be overturned at this stage by a ECM

Edited by borodave

My wife actaully spoke to someone yesterday because VFS hadn't put her application on the system for some reason. They said applications are taking about 6-8 weeks at the moment because of workload

Hi,

We applied for for a "fiancee" settlement visa on 7th April 09. It will be 12 weeks on tuesday and still not heard a thing!!

I have read somewhere that they are they are inundated with applications but this is bordering on the ridiculous. Do you think it is worth chasing up the embassy or might this jeopardise my case??

Cheers

Bigsy

Added to the list Bigsey as you can see dont worry we are all in the same boat

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks)

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days)

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days)

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days)

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks)

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days)

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks)

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days)

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days)

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case)

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day)

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks)

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days)

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days)

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days)

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days)

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks)

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day)

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days)

Sumrit 24/3 Granted 26/6 - (13 weeks 4 days)

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks)

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused 03/06 - (13 weeks)

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days)

George & Dragon 30/03 Refused 26/06 (12 weeks 4 days)

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day)

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks)

JasonThai 02/4 Granted 25/6 - (12 weeks)

Mrburb 03/4

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 Granted 26/6 TBC - (12 weeks)

Bigsy94 07/04

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica)

Dolphy 21/4

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Gena 29/4

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case)

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Alanr 07/5

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

Ade2007 29/5

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

SETTLEMENT VISA HALL OF FAME

Shortest time for a visa to be granted (4 weeks 6 days)

Longest time for a visa to be granted (13 weeks 4 days)

Record amount of visa's granted in one day (3)

Record amount of visa's granted in one week (7)

Best day's for visa's being granted (Monday 22.22%, Friday 22.22%, Wednesday 22.22%, Tuesday 18.52% & Thursday 14.81%)

Visa's granted so far 29 out of 54 (50.94%)

Visa's failed so far 2 out of 31 (0%)

Visa success rate (96.7%)

Visa's still waiting for an answer 27 out of 54

PROCESSING TIME ! (Figures Based on a Average For The Month)

Feb's processing time ( 8 weeks 3 days )

March's processing time ( 11 weeks 2 days ) expect this to go up by a week or two !

April's processing time (12 weeks)

Edited by borodave