Uk Settlement

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want to see what the average waiting times are for UK settlement visas as a lot of people seem to be waiting a long time without update.

If you have applied for a UK settlement visa in 2009, could you post when it was granted or if still waiting then state that you are still waiting or have interview pending and the date of the interview.

We submitted 2nd March - no interview request and no updates or contact from Embasy as yet (I kind of don't expect there this early).

We request date of travel as the end of March.

So 2 weeks.

How about yourself....................

Uk Settlement Visa: Applied 3rd of April 2009 in person at VFS in Bangkok, had old application form filled out so we had to sit outside and fill in the new one. They replied back on the 26th June 2009 by sms and on thier website saying that our application was ready to be collected at VFS, Regent House. Wife went (im back in UK just now) and they handed her passport with the visa. No interviews or any other information required. Did not use any agencies, done the work ourselves and some of the documents i did not have i.e tax returns, but still got Visa (we married at Banglamung District Office last November, have been together for 3 years. She did have TB xray showed scar on xray, had sputum tests, waited the 8 weeks, and it came back negative. Then we applied for the visa. We had requested the date of travel for the 20th April, but with Songran and the polItical troubles at the time we know that it would be a lot longer. Also researching on the UK border agency website they do say they try and work through the applications in order of travel date ( yeah right, NOT).

I want to see what the average waiting times are for UK settlement visas as a lot of people seem to be waiting a long time without update.

If you have applied for a UK settlement visa in 2009, could you post when it was granted or if still waiting then state that you are still waiting or have interview pending and the date of the interview.

We submitted 2nd March - no interview request and no updates or contact from Embasy as yet (I kind of don't expect there this early).

So 2 weeks.

I just replied to your request, sorry forgot to ask, hope everything went ok for you both in the end. I have not managed to read through all the comments so don't know what your outcome was.

Meybe something else other people may have to watch out for is the TB test, If something is found on xray, they will not give TB certificate, and without this you cannot apply for Visa, without waiting the 8 weeks to see if all is clear, If it is clear go ahead and apply for visa. But be warned your TB certificate is only valid for three months. My wife and I have just received her settlement visa, but the TB certficate expired one month ago (due to the length of time it took to process and get an answer back from VFS/ embassy) so now we have to go throught the IOM TB test again. Im trying to find out if she gets xray again and if they find a scar on xray will they go through the whole 8 weeks sputum testing again. Im in the process of finding out from IOM (Waiting on a reply).

Note to comment

TB xray done beginning december 08

told back at IOM office that there was scar on xray, due to this refused to certificate

After getting date for sputum test (3 days later, stayed in bangkok until that day) waited the 8 weeks

Got paperwork back from IOM Middle of February 2009 saying all clear

I was in uk due to work and could not get back to LOS until 28th March

Handed paperwork in at VFS ON 4th April

Just got word back about visa on 26th June, they had given visa (nearly 3 months later)

but the BLOODY TB certificate had expired, (we knew about the expire date) and i have tried to contact IOM about having to get knew TB test done and go through the whole lot again As of today (3rd July 2009) still waiting on them getting back to me.

STRESS is not the word to use.............

good luck to everyone who applies for any Visa

I was under the impression that the TB xray cert was valid for six months but could be wrong. I will see what date my wife has on hers when I phone in the morning? We have been waiting 4 months for our settlement visa so if true we will be now out of date and I presume you need one in date to travel to the UK?

I was under the impression that the TB xray cert was valid for six months but could be wrong. I will see what date my wife has on hers when I phone in the morning? We have been waiting 4 months for our settlement visa so if true we will be now out of date and I presume you need one in date to travel to the UK?

Ours was valid for 3 months, Got it about the 17th of February 2009 and it expired on the 21st May 2009. Double check with your wife. Yes you will need one to travel to UK, if she does not have TB test certificate I have heard that they will refuse entry. Hope everything works out ok for you and your wife. Re your visa application, have you taken into account all the holidays that VFS and embassy have been closed, I worked out over the last 3 months they have had about 15 days off due to songran, political troubles, fathers day. Also all the computer problems they have had recently. Its a nightmare waiting that length of time, puts everything on hold, and the stress it causes.

Good luck with everything.

Also we have booked in another appointment with IOM for next week, going to see if she has to go for another xray or not as the last spetum tests came back negative. It may be the case because of my wifes first xray showed a scar that they only gave us a 3 month validity term, not sure.

Chewy22. I have been trying to work dates out re the TB validity, and meybe you are correct. I took the certificate validity from the date we received the ok after the 8 week wait which was from middle of Feb and it expired 21st May, i think what IOM have done is take the day we get the xray done (middle of December 08) as day one of the certificate then 6 months from then, which would bring us to the middle of May (or the 21st May in this case). I have just sent an email to IOM to get clarification on this. So will keep you and others up to date when i hear from them.Apologies if i caused a "wee" bit of a panic for you.

If they have done this its a bit unfair as the ok was given to my wife middle of February and you think they would start the 6 months validity from then and not from the day she gets x-ray.

Anyway as usual, we wait again.

Cheers

Uk Settlement Visa: Applied 3rd of April 2009 in person at VFS in Bangkok, had old application form filled out so we had to sit outside and fill in the new one. They replied back on the 26th June 2009 by sms and on thier website saying that our application was ready to be collected at VFS, Regent House. Wife went (im back in UK just now) and they handed her passport with the visa. No interviews or any other information required. Did not use any agencies, done the work ourselves and some of the documents i did not have i.e tax returns, but still got Visa (we married at Banglamung District Office last November, have been together for 3 years. She did have TB xray showed scar on xray, had sputum tests, waited the 8 weeks, and it came back negative. Then we applied for the visa. We had requested the date of travel for the 20th April, but with Songran and the polItical troubles at the time we know that it would be a lot longer. Also researching on the UK border agency website they do say they try and work through the applications in order of travel date ( yeah right, NOT).

Not sure why your wife had to wait 8 weeks for the sputum test results. Both my wife and a friends wife had to do sputum tests because scarring shew up on the Xrays. The sputum tests were done over three days, starting the day after the Xray was done and they were given the (negative) result two days after that and received the TB certificate the same day.

The TB certificate is valid for six months and I was also under the impression that the TB certificate had to be valid when you actually entered the UK but somebody else posting on here said it only needs to be valid when you submit the visa application.

Not sure why your wife had to wait 8 weeks for the sputum test results. Both my wife and a friends wife had to do sputum tests because scarring shew up on the Xrays. The sputum tests were done over three days, starting the day after the Xray was done and they were given the (negative) result two days after that and received the TB certificate the same day.

The TB certificate is valid for six months and I was also under the impression that the TB certificate had to be valid when you actually entered the UK but somebody else posting on here said it only needs to be valid when you submit the visa application.

Hi, wife did have three tests over three days, first two tests were ok and we where told on day two about these ones, the last test on day three is the one they have to cultivate in labratory for 6 to 8 weeks to see if anything is abnormal in spetum test, then got the results back 8 weeks later after first x ray.

I understand, I think my wife had her x ray done late January so its now about 5 months old, Good luck mikeyp :)

chewy22, good luck with everything, i hope you and your wife hear very soon about visa.

Mikeyp you're wrong about needing to cultivate the sputum for 6-8 weeks. I've had TB myself so I know a LITTLE bit about it. It takes a maximum of three days for TB bacterium to start to grow in the culture trays, usually less, and that was fifteen years ago so there's possibly ways of accelerating the growth so it takes even less time now.

So 2 weeks.

congrats to you & mrs with your visa :)

Edited by CinnamonRoll

Hi all, good luck next week to all those who are still waiting myself included , just as a matter of interest how many have used VISA AGENTS ? because i was thinking the people who have had visa turned down could they go back to agent`s if used for expert advise? :) so who has use agent`s? .. i have and pleased with service so far. but remember thou! no agent can guarantee a Visa if someone dose leave them well alone .

GOOD LUCK AND FORTUNE NEXT WEEK EVERYONE

Edited by alanr

Mikeyp you're wrong about needing to cultivate the sputum for 6-8 weeks. I've had TB myself so I know a LITTLE bit about it. It takes a maximum of three days for TB bacterium to start to grow in the culture trays, usually less, and that was fifteen years ago so there's possibly ways of accelerating the growth so it takes even less time now.

Hi sumrit, i dont know why we had to wait the 8 weeks then, just going by what the doctor said at IOM. All he said was that the 3rd spetum sample had to be left in trays for the 6 to 8 weeks. Hope your ok and have no after effects from the TB you have had.

Looked at IOM TB pre examination notes, here's some text I have copied from thier document. Also for anyone else interested i have added a link to this information sheet

http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/images/Informatio...tober%2007).pdf

In case of abnormal chest X-ray findings, or other clinical reasons for concern, additional

diagnostic procedures may be needed.

Initially, this will include the collection of sputum smears for testing.

Normally, this will take three to four working days, after the Chest X-ray

examination.

If clinically indicated this may also include culture test on the sputum samples,

which may take eight weeks. (In a very small proportion of cases, where the sputum

culture becomes contaminated, this process may take longer.)

moved over list

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks)

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days)

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days)

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days)

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks)

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days)

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks)

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days)

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days)

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case)

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day)

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks)

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days)

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days)

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days)

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days)

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks)

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day)

Pingit 19/3 Refused 19/6 - ( 13 weeks 1 day )

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days)

Sumrit 24/3 Granted 26/6 - (13 weeks 4 days)

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks)

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused 03/06 - (13 weeks)

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days)

George & Dragon 30/03 Refused 26/06 (12 weeks 4 days)

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day)

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks)

JasonThai 02/4 Granted 25/6 - (12 weeks)

Mrburb 03/4 Granted 26/6 - (12 weeks)

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 Granted 26/6 (12 weeks)

Bigsy94 07/04 Granted 30/6 (12 weeks)

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica)

ExoticMatter 09/4

Dolphy 21/4

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Gena 29/4

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case)

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Alanr 07/5

Dont panic 13/05

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

Ade2007 29/5

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

Hawkinschris 19/6

Hi all, good luck next week to all those who are still waiting myself included , just as a matter of interest how many have used VISA AGENTS ? because i was thinking the people who have had visa turned down could they go back to agent`s if used for expert advise? :) so who has use agent`s? .. i have and pleased with service so far. but remember thou! no agent can guarantee a Visa if someone dose leave them well alone .

We used a visa consultant who did absolutely everything including the transport for the tb test and picking the final visa up from the embassy.

A little pricey but we used him for holiday visas and even sorting all the paperwork for us to get married.

Some are dodgey tho you need to know a little bit about who you use!!

Hi all. have just found this site and now feel a bit more at ease as submited visa settlement on 29/5, and was starting to panick a bit as no news as yet, and wife is sick of waiting seems to think i should do something about it. also i read about self employed causing problems, i am too and now stress levels are a rising

Hi all. have just found this site and now feel a bit more at ease as submited visa settlement on 29/5, and was starting to panick a bit as no news as yet, and wife is sick of waiting seems to think i should do something about it. also i read about self employed causing problems, i am too and now stress levels are a rising

Hi leefreight

Welcome to the mad house, as its good to know you are not alone in the long wait.

Don’t worry about self employed, just make sure to summit your accounts in a detailed manner and show a full years accounts.

Also explain your personal drawings as this seems to be causing a problem

Edited by borodave

Update to list leefreight added

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks)

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days)

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days)

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days)

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks)

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days)

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks)

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days)

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days)

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case)

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day)

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks)

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days)

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days)

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days)

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days)

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks)

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day)

Pingit 19/3 Refused 19/6 - ( 13 weeks 1 day )

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days)

Sumrit 24/3 Granted 26/6 - (13 weeks 4 days)

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks)

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused 03/06 - (13 weeks)

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days)

George & Dragon 30/03 Refused 26/06 (12 weeks 4 days)

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day)

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks)

JasonThai 02/4 Granted 25/6 - (12 weeks)

Mrburb 03/4 Granted 26/6 - (12 weeks)

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 Granted 26/6 (12 weeks)

Bigsy94 07/04 Granted 30/6 (12 weeks)

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica)

ExoticMatter 09/4

Dolphy 21/4

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Gena 29/4

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case)

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Alanr 07/5

Dont panic 13/05

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

Ade2007 29/5

leefreight 29/05

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

Hawkinschris 19/6

leefreight. See previous comments above re my wifes visa settlement. I am also self employed in UK for 3 years. I did not have any docs re business with me (ie business registration, inland revenue docs) but gave them 3 years personal bank accounts and all other relevant docs they want along with additional letter from her mother (seems strange, and also a letter from one of her friends who works in local thai government office stating the day we met and that we both knew each other, both in THAI, not translated) and filled in relevant information on VFS/Embassy form. We eventualy got visa after waiting about 11 weeks (wife was not called for an interview). I too was worried about being self employed and not haveng business docs with me at the time.

Through my personal experience, be patient, keep checking your APET number on line. Tried phoning several times but no answer or automated service which just asked for APET number and they tell you through recorded message about the date your application was passed onto british embassy. I did send email to them asking about the application, they sent email back 17 days later saying the same that application had been passed to embassy, with no further information.

Good luck

We used a visa consultant who did absolutely everything including the transport for the tb test and picking the final visa up from the embassy.

A little pricey but we used him for holiday visas and even sorting all the paperwork for us to get married.

Some are dodgey tho you need to know a little bit about who you use!!

We did it all ourself a familyvisit visa and a settlement visa.

best of luck tomorrow everyone oh and one more thing qatar airlines are doing one-way trip to uk for 15575 baht !!!!! £275

PITTY they dont fly from grand cayman where my thai wife works, lol.

best of luck to everybody for next week , more so mr and mrs chewy, fingers crossed for you my friend.

:) PEACE AND LIGHT TO ONE AND ALL :D