Uk Settlement

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

best of luck tomorrow everyone oh and one more thing qatar airlines are doing one-way trip to uk for 15575 baht !!!!! £275

wow really! that sounds good!! :D

A bit like the song New York, New York - So good they named it twice :)

Am getting so angry now...I am going to have to change tickets again by Thursday at the latest. I know that I shouldn't have booked tickets for them but when I did settlement visas were only taking up to 8 weeks. Two emails have been sent today one to VFS and one to complaints and a fax is going this afternoon. Dont expect a reply though :)

Last week was one of our worst weeks with not one visa issued; just when times seemed to be improving to 12 weeks waiting.

Let us hope this week can be one of our best.

Best of luck to all.

Edited by borodave

it is absolutly ridiculious how long they are taking to prosess our aplications. They even have our email adresses, they could at least let us know what is going on. I am not a happy man and my wife aint happy with the embassy too.

just sent a fax over for monday afternoon with round 25 more pages of info on our life. thats 55 pages of info i have recently sent... got my accountant to write a letter, phone bills, family and holiday pics... hope it is all ok for wednesday when they come back their wee break :)

good luck to us all who are waiting !!

jay

just sent a fax over for monday afternoon with round 25 more pages of info on our life. thats 55 pages of info i have recently sent... got my accountant to write a letter, phone bills, family and holiday pics... hope it is all ok for wednesday when they come back their wee break :)

jay

just a quick question,DID ANYBODY GET THERE VISA LAST WEEK??!!

jay

Including all the Bank statements, pay slips, phone bills, translations and other bits and bobs, i suspect my application was in the area of 250 pages +.

Additionally i had 3 years worth of photo's, 9 to a page side, on 12 pages so about 200 or so photo's.

Thinking on it, that is possibly why i got through quicker than most as the ECO probably took one look as the 2 volumes and said "Sod it i ain't going to read all that." and stamped it 'Passed' :D

Chewy or anyone with info for me to start kicking ass tmoz, I need email addresses to send for visa enquiries, fax number to do same complaints email adress, and a telephone number to get through to speak to someone regarding my wifes application, tried to call the visa section Monday no chance press 2 for english then a load of crap messages went to the operator she put me through to a recording message service, please if anyone knows away of speaking to someone without all the crap post me the info and required email & fax details now I am desperate and have to get this sorted b4 16th july :)

moved to the current page

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks)

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days)

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days)

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days)

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks)

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days)

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks)

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days)

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days)

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case)

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day)

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks)

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days)

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days)

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days)

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days)

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks)

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day)

Pingit 19/3 Refused 19/6 - ( 13 weeks 1 day )

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days)

Sumrit 24/3 Granted 26/6 - (13 weeks 4 days)

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks)

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused 03/06 - (13 weeks)

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days)

George & Dragon 30/03 Refused 26/06 (12 weeks 4 days)

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day)

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks)

JasonThai 02/4 Granted 25/6 - (12 weeks)

Mrburb 03/4 Granted 26/6 - (12 weeks)

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 Granted 26/6 (12 weeks)

Bigsy94 07/04 Granted 30/6 (12 weeks)

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica)

ExoticMatter 09/4

Dolphy 21/4

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Gena 29/4

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case)

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Alanr 07/5

Dont panic 13/05

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

Ade2007 29/5

leefreight 29/05

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

Hawkinschris 19/6

Chewy or anyone with info for me to start kicking ass tmoz, I need email addresses to send for visa enquiries, fax number to do same complaints email adress, and a telephone number to get through to speak to someone regarding my wifes application, tried to call the visa section Monday no chance press 2 for english then a load of crap messages went to the operator she put me through to a recording message service, please if anyone knows away of speaking to someone without all the crap post me the info and required email & fax details now I am desperate and have to get this sorted b4 16th july :)

dont know if this helps anyone with contact details

Service standards - complaints and compliments

The UK Border Agency aims to offer a fair and professional service to all our customers. We welcome feedback it helps us to see where we need to improve

If you have any comments, or are concerned about the standard of service you received, please let us know. We investigate all complaints fully and will send you a reply within 20 working days

• If you wish to complain about the service you received from the UK Border Agency at this Embassy, please address your complaint to the Entry Clearance Manager at Visa Services, British Embassy, 14 Wireless Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, or by e-mail at [email protected].

• If you wish to complain about the service you received from VFS, you may submit it direct to their website, in person, or to the Entry Clearance Manager abo

heres another address/ fax/ email and a link to foreign commonwealth office website http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/visas/

complaints to

Head of Visa Services

British Embassy Bangkok

14 Wireless Road

Pathumwan

Bangkok 10330

By fax: +66 (0) 2 254 9579

By e-mail: [email protected]

Hi feasantplukka, all the numbers (phone,email and fax) tha I used are on this page.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-the-fco/emb...embassy-bangkok

I was able to (eventually) speak to somebody in the visa section by phoning the main number and choosing option 0 but I've been told you're now just put through to a recorded message.

Hope it helps.

Hey all!

Looks like I will be on this forum for another few months as we are resubmiting our application after our previous refusal.

We are in Bangkok together now and have decided to get married and apply for a 2 year settlement visa instead f going for another fiancé visa.

It has been told to us many times now that the fiancé visa is really hard to get to my advice to anyone looking who is trying the same thing, get married in Thailand and then have a token ceremony in the UK for your family.

If anyone has used a marriage agent in Bangkok they can recommend it would be good to know.

Will add my self to the list, again, once we have submitted our new application.

Hey all!

Looks like I will be on this forum for another few months as we are resubmiting our application after our previous refusal.

We are in Bangkok together now and have decided to get married and apply for a 2 year settlement visa instead f going for another fiancé visa.

It has been told to us many times now that the fiancé visa is really hard to get to my advice to anyone looking who is trying the same thing, get married in Thailand and then have a token ceremony in the UK for your family.

If anyone has used a marriage agent in Bangkok they can recommend it would be good to know.

Will add my self to the list, again, once we have submitted our new application.

Hi Fluid

Have you given up on the informal reversal of the decision? I've never seen it mentioned on any forums that a Fiance visa is any more difficult than a Settlement Visa - I stand corrected if that is the case.

Good luck on the marriage. We were married in LOS in March (legal and also religious), no problems whatsoever and did not use any Marriage agents. Up to you really on whether you want to take some time out to do yourself or go via a Marriage agent. In my experience is was not that much hassle. In short, Monday at Embassy submit Affirmation to Marry, pick up Tuesday, get translated into Thai (we paid for Translation service to get stamped at Thai Ministry of Affairs, I could not be bothered). Got docs back Wednesday, Thursday travelled to Surin, Friday at the Amphur in Surin with my and her docs (House Registration etc), changed name on ID card etc and at some point in the morning/early afternoon I was a married man.

It has been told to us many times now that the fiancé visa is really hard to get

A fiance visa is no harder nor easier to get than a spouse one; the criteria are essentially the same; genuine relationship, adequate maintenance and accommodation etc.

The only real difference is for a fiance visa you need to show that you will marry once in the UK, for a spouse visa that you are already married.

If you are going to apply again, in whichever category, you must address each and every point of the previous refusal.

Hey all!

maybe the following link will point you in the right direction...

http://www.weddingchaos.co.uk/wedding-abro...and-wedding.asp

aint that difficult you can do it yourself in less than week.

good luck and remember to take a few snaps (because we forgot to!)