Uk Settlement

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent news to FP .. Congratulations.

FP this is fantastic news. Good luck for the future to you and the Mrs and family. Can't believe the Embassy got the visa to you before Thursday, they must be hopping mad that they missed an opportunity to inconvenience you further. :)

:D got some news to share, got a sms this morning to say the visa application was ready to pick up :D

I used an Agent so I called her to tell her, she went to pick the application up after 3pm, received a phone call from her about 4pm congratulating us on getting the visa granted. and to think yesterday I had given up, just goes to show although you feel down there is still hope left & this Forum, busy now not much time to organise things for Thursday, Good Luck Chewy, Andyjoy, & Kate, don't give up it will happen. :):D

CONGRATULATIONS FEASANTPLUKKA AND YOUR WIFE, ABOUT BLOODY TIME, ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR FUTURES

ALSO GOOD LUCK TO CHEWY ANDTJOY AND KATE I DEEPLY HOPE YOU GET YOUR GOOD NEWS THIS WEEK :D:D

hi everyone, i've been looking at this forum since 27th march, the day when my wife submitted her settlement visa application... still no news! but we did go through an agent and he phoned my wife on friday and said she will have the visa 100% by 27th july. i hope this fool is not joking us around. good luck everyone, the day will come and you just gotta be patient!!!

Hey everyone! been away for the last 6 days so came on straight away to catch up and it was really grim reading untill FP saved the day, congrats mate you waited long enough, fingers crossed and positive thinking for everyone else!!!!!!

Congratulations Mr Feasant must be one hel_l of a relief to have the right answer I wish you both well.

Welcome domm44 to the March waiting room. I think your was in the same pile as mine. I hope we both exit the door at the same time very soon. Seems there were a lot of applications that month. Good luck

fesantplucka can you tell me.... did you check the vfs website after your wife called you to see if had changed already or is there any delay??????????? its just my wife didnt have her money with her when she went in the room to hand her application in so we did not pay for the call/sms?????????

I was with her at the time, I checked the tracking system and that was also updated so they are working together no difference in notifiying in my case, also later in the day after we had the visa picked up the sms service sent her a message saying the visa had been collected, again the tracking system was updated at the same time, and the same message appeared, Good luck for today AndyJoy, :)

This will be my last post till I get back to the UK, just like to thank everyone for the good luck wishes, and to those still waiting, you are lucky like I was to have this forum just emagin what you would be like out there on your own, dread to think what other people are going through at least we have some information and regular updates, good luck to all waiting and udate you later :)

fesantplucka can you tell me.... did you check the vfs website after your wife called you to see if had changed already or is there any delay??????????? its just my wife didnt have her money with her when she went in the room to hand her application in so we did not pay for the call/sms?????????

I was with her at the time, I checked the tracking system and that was also updated so they are working together no difference in notifiying in my case, also later in the day after we had the visa picked up the sms service sent her a message saying the visa had been collected, again the tracking system was updated at the same time, and the same message appeared, Good luck for today AndyJoy, :)

just checked on line with jamaician website and it still says "ARRIVED AT THE VISA SECTION" we got our answer week last tuesday.that sums up the british embassies world wide.

WISHING EVERYBODY GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK.

COULD ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT THE NEXT SET IS WHEN WIFE ARRIVES IN UK, MEANING MEANING N.I. NUMBER DOCTORS ETC..... MANY THANKS TO OUR BROTHERHOOD

just checked on line with jamaician website and it still says "ARRIVED AT THE VISA SECTION" we got our answer week last tuesday.that sums up the british embassies world wide.

COULD ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT THE NEXT SET IS WHEN WIFE ARRIVES IN UK, MEANING MEANING N.I. NUMBER DOCTORS ETC..... MANY THANKS TO OUR BROTHERHOOD

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I think you can get an N.I. no. once you're married in U.K. and the visa regularised, assuming you haven't been wed yet. For a g.p., you just walk in and register, no question asked (apart from the usual form).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I think you can get an N.I. no. once you're married in U.K. and the visa regularised, assuming you haven't been wed yet. For a g.p., you just walk in and register, no question asked (apart from the usual form).

You're entitled to a N.I. by right as soon as you're in the UK and married but I've heard that some people are told they can't apply until they have a job. Thats not true but if it happens to you, apart from arguing the toss, the easiest way round it is to take your wife to an employment agency to register for work. They won't register anybody without a N.I. number and will give you a letter for the job center to that effect, and they will then have to issue a number to your wife.

Register with you're doctor A.S.A.P. and ask them about a medical card, they shoud arrange that.

Keep all these 'official' letters when they arrive, they will be useful as part of your 'proof of residence' in two years time when you're applying for I.L.R.

Get her on as many bills as soon as possible too, showing both your names, all of this will be needed when applying for ILR.

One of the ways to get around the NI number problem is to apply for jobs online, at supermarkets etc, they will then send a confirmation email/letter saying thanks for your applications blah blah, you can then use this as proof that she is actively looking for work. They generally will acccept that, rather than an actual job but it depends on the office as well. My husband got one without a job but with various letters/emails showing looking for work, others have got one with nothing & yet others have had to have an actual job offer letter before being given one. All of this is wrong, they should get one regardless.

Get her on as many bills as soon as possible too, showing both your names, all of this will be needed when applying for ILR.

One of the ways to get around the NI number problem is to apply for jobs online, at supermarkets etc, they will then send a confirmation email/letter saying thanks for your applications blah blah, you can then use this as proof that she is actively looking for work. They generally will acccept that, rather than an actual job but it depends on the office as well. My husband got one without a job but with various letters/emails showing looking for work, others have got one with nothing & yet others have had to have an actual job offer letter before being given one. All of this is wrong, they should get one regardless.

i had the same problam yesterday when i phoned up to arrange a national insurance no for my wife,

they asked me why does she want a ni no,my reply to that was because i think shes entiteled to one,

there answer no shes not automaticly entiteled, only if shes actively looking for work or working.

to cut a long story short they finealy agreed to send her the form to fill out and return to them,

still dont no wether they will issue the ni no or not,but its a bit hard for my wife to seek work at the moment,as shes eight months

pregnant :)

also the registering at the doctors surgery,thought it was just walking in and simple form filling,yes but they wouldnt register her until

she provided 2 form of id proveing that she lived at our address,i wasnt impressed and told them that she coulnt provide this when registring

because our bills come through on a quarterly basis and it would take time,and she needs to rgr asap because shes seven and half months pregers,again cut a long story short the surgery manager agreed to take 2 id from myself to show that we live together at our address,two week

later recieved her medical card,

Also same same with bank account,need name on current utility bill,as i speak the form has just arrived in the post for the ni no,the form

you require is CA5409 for application for a ni no. :D

congrats fp on the good news all the best :D

Well I have some good news to share !

:):D:D:D:D:D

!!! WE HAVE GOT THE ORIGINAL REFUSAL OVERTURNED TODAY !!! YESSSSS OVERTURNED !!!!

:D

Visa will be issued today ! Just a day short of 17 weeks since we applied, and 1 refusal later....

We were trying to not go thru the appeal process, and write informally to Gerry Grant, with fresh evidence. I spoke to him on the phone yesterday, and he asked me to fax in the appeal form, saying he cant do much without the appeal form? All the evidence didn't mean anything without it they said to me. So... we faxed it over staright away, and this morning got a call from the embassy to let us know it has been overturned.

Just like everyone else we are so relieved and happy, but I really think this forum is AMAZING! I have had so much help from everyone on here that it beats any agency hands down! Its amazing the difference it makes when lots of people share their advice, so a huge thank you to all you guys from the bottom of our hearts !!!

gonna stay on this forum cause it tops !

till next time...

i had the same problam yesterday when i phoned up to arrange a national insurance no for my wife,

they asked me why does she want a ni no,my reply to that was because i think shes entiteled to one,

there answer no shes not automaticly entiteled, only if shes actively looking for work or working.

to cut a long story short they finealy agreed to send her the form to fill out and return to them,

still dont no wether they will issue the ni no or not,but its a bit hard for my wife to seek work at the moment,as shes eight months

pregnant :)

also the registering at the doctors surgery,thought it was just walking in and simple form filling,yes but they wouldnt register her until

she provided 2 form of id proveing that she lived at our address,i wasnt impressed and told them that she coulnt provide this when registring

because our bills come through on a quarterly basis and it would take time,and she needs to rgr asap because shes seven and half months pregers,again cut a long story short the surgery manager agreed to take 2 id from myself to show that we live together at our address,two week

later recieved her medical card,

Also same same with bank account,need name on current utility bill,as i speak the form has just arrived in the post for the ni no,the form

you require is CA5409 for application for a ni no. :D

congrats fp on the good news all the best :D

One way round the bank account problem is to first open another account in your own name, then when your wife arrives in the UK add her name to it to make it a joint account then a short time later you can remove your name if you want to leave it as your wifes own account.

With LloydsTSB once your wife has a joint account with you she can then open an account in her own right anyway without any problems as she's already 'on their system as an account holder'. Don't forget to ask for paper statements to be sent to your address as it's another acceptable form of proof of residence.

!!! WE HAVE GOT THE ORIGINAL REFUSAL OVERTURNED TODAY !!! YESSSSS OVERTURNED !!!!

Visa will be issued today ! Just a day short of 17 weeks since we applied, and 1 refusal later....

We were trying to not go thru the appeal process, and write informally to Gerry Grant, with fresh evidence. I spoke to him on the phone yesterday, and he asked me to fax in the appeal form, saying he cant do much without the appeal form? All the evidence didn't mean anything without it they said to me. So... we faxed it over staright away, and this morning got a call from the embassy to let us know it has been overturned.

Just like everyone else we are so relieved and happy, but I really think this forum is AMAZING! I have had so much help from everyone on here that it beats any agency hands down! Its amazing the difference it makes when lots of people share their advice, so a huge thank you to all you guys from the bottom of our hearts !!!

till next time...

Hi there.

Congrats on the good news.. Sorry to sound stupid, but who is Gerry Grant?

till next time...

Nice one Pingit. All the best to you and Mrs Pingit. :D