Uk Settlement

I'm not one for sticking up for UK Visas in Bangkok, but to be fair they have realised that the application was refused in error and at they have reversed the decision pretty quickly, I don't know if that was as a result of a phone call or because of the case being reviewed by the ECM or the Head of Section.

Of course the refusal shouldn't have happened and what they put Tick Tocks family through is pretty bad, but at least the decision was was put right pretty quickly.

I am reading this forum with interest, though not involved with the process at all, I hope you will not mind me making one point, I find the thread pretty difficult to read with the quotes that are repeated over and over again and the league tables that appear two or three times per page, I actually miss the valid points that are being made, though I realise why the tables are updated. I hope you don't mind me saying what I think and it's certainly not a criticism, it's clear that the network of camaraderie that has built up has been very supportive.

Anyway congratulations Tick Tock I hope you and yours can now get on with your new life, and may the trend of successful applications continue, without too much hoop jumping.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very Sorry, I won't be able to visit the Lady Of Lamphun anymore

We are away tomorrow to Sunny Scunny

Out of curiosity what time did they ring you Tick Tock.

We went to see The Lady Of Lamphun at Aprox 11 AM Monday Morning

Bye For now To One and All Kennkate

Cheers everyone. KnK they did not call me. I was in a meeting (physically, mentally I was elsewhere) got back to my desk and had an email from the embassy at 10.20 UK time. I also had a missed call from the Mrs, they spoke to her at about 10 UK so 4pm Thai time.

I am reading this forum with interest, though not involved with the process at all, I hope you will not mind me making one point, I find the thread pretty difficult to read with the quotes that are repeated over and over again and the league tables that appear two or three times per page, I actually miss the valid points that are being made, though I realise why the tables are updated. I hope you don't mind me saying what I think and it's certainly not a criticism, it's clear that the network of camaraderie that has built up has been very supportive.

It's good that the table is getting regular updates.

This thread is a good one in that is is letting people know they are not alone, and they can got a good idea of how long their application could take.

Good news for you TickTock very pleased for you. Did your wife make a call to the embassy?

Hope for us as we are now back to 100% pass rate. We start week 14 tomorrow.

Chewy if you don't get an answer this week I think you should ring them and complain, as 14 weeks is a joke and find out what's going on !

best of luck people for tomorrow, lets get Chewy out of the mad house even if the doctor has said he is not fit yet to leave :)

I realy feel for you Tick Tock We went to Lamphun this morning

I went to see The Lady of Lamphun for you. She will sort it.

She always does if its not Money you can ask She worked for me, Wife is a Great Beliver in the Lady.

Once she went when i was in the Uk and asked her to get me to Telephone. My wife said 5 mins later I did Phone her

Have Faith dont let go Tick Tock. The whole team is willing you on

KnK - thank you. The Lady has sorted it just as you say - amazing. I got an email this morning saying the decision overturned and the Mrs needs to visit the Embassy this Thursday to pick up the visa. Got to go now, but will give the low down. Back to a 100% success rate.

Excellent news TickTock. Nice one mate! :)

It's good that the table is getting regular updates.

This thread is a good one in that is is letting people know they are not alone, and they can got a good idea of how long their application could take.

Well said :) so now I will add some more info :D it does not take me that long to do, a few minutes just to update my spredsheet, but if it helps people then it's worth it !!!!! we are all in the same Monkey House in the end of the day, but who gets let out first is a different matter :D

I realy feel for you Tick Tock We went to Lamphun this morning

I went to see The Lady of Lamphun for you. She will sort it.

She always does if its not Money you can ask She worked for me, Wife is a Great Beliver in the Lady.

Once she went when i was in the Uk and asked her to get me to Telephone. My wife said 5 mins later I did Phone her

Have Faith dont let go Tick Tock. The whole team is willing you on

KnK - thank you. The Lady has sorted it just as you say - amazing. I got an email this morning saying the decision overturned and the Mrs needs to visit the Embassy this Thursday to pick up the visa. Got to go now, but will give the low down. Back to a 100% success rate.

!!!!

EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT RESULT MR&MRS TICKTOCK OH AND THE LITTLE ONE, your head must be spinning, at least they admit to mistakes and correct them.

proud to be BRITISH AGAIN :) PEACE AND LIGHT TO ONE AND ALL :D COME ON LETS HAVE MORE GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I am bored again so I am added some stat's to this as well

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks)

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days)

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days)

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days)

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks)

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days)

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks)

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days)

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days)

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day)

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks)

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days)

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days)

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days)

Friend Boo ILE 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks)

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day)

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days)

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks)

Fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days)

George & Dragon 30/03

Delboy 30/3

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica)

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case)

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Alanr 07/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

SETTLEMENT VISA HALL OF FAME

Shortest time for a visa to be granted (4 weeks 6 days)

Longest time for a visa to be granted (13 weeks 3 days)

Record amount of visa's granted in one day (2)

Record amount of Visa's granted in one week (5)

Best day's for visa's being granted (Monday 28.57%, Friday 23.81%, Tuesday 19.05%, Wednesday 19.05% & Thursday 9.52%)

Visa's granted so far 21 out of 45 (46.67%)

Visa success rate (100%)

Visa's failed so far 0 out of 45 (0%)

Visa's still waiting for an answer 24 out of 45 (53.33%)

shortest time should be 5 WEEKS 1 DAY, 5 working days = 1 week, sorry :):D

Good news for you TickTock very pleased for you. Did your wife make a call to the embassy?

Chewy if you don't get an answer this week I think you should ring them and complain, as 14 weeks is a joke and find out what's going on !

Can someone PM me a direct phone number ?

It's time to update the page & I am bored again so I am added some more stat's to this as well :)

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks)

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days)

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days)

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days)

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks)

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days)

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks)

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days)

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days)

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day)

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks)

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days)

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days)

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days)

Friend Boo ILE 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks)

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day)

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days)

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks)

Fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days)

George & Dragon 30/03

Delboy 30/3

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica)

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case)

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Alanr 07/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

SETTLEMENT VISA HALL OF FAME

Shortest time for a visa to be granted (4 weeks 6 days)

Longest time for a visa to be granted (13 weeks 3 days)

Record amount of visa's granted in one day (2)

Record amount of Visa's granted in one week (5)

Best day's for visa's being granted (Monday 28.57%, Friday 23.81%, Tuesday 19.05%, Wednesday 19.05% & Thursday 9.52%)

Visa's granted so far 21 out of 45 (46.67%)

Visa's failed so far 0 out of 21 (0%)

Visa success rate (100%)

Visa's still waiting for an answer 24 out of 45 (53.33%)

PROCESSING TIME ! (Figures Based on a Average For The Month)

Feb's processing time ( 8 weeks 3 days )

March's processing time ( 11 weeks 2 days )

And me please :)

shortest time should be 5 WEEKS 1 DAY, 5 working days = 1 week, sorry :

No we are basing the figures on 7 days, I find it hard to do it over 5 days as I don't know if these guys are working or not :) we have to take into account Songkhan and other public holidays,so it's better just to do it over 7 days :D

Edited by JASON THAI

shortest time should be 5 WEEKS 1 DAY, 5 working days = 1 week, sorry :

No we are basing the figures on 7 days, I find it hard to do it over 5 days as I don't know if these guys are working or not :D we have to take into account Songkhan and other public holidays,so it's better just to do it over 7 days :D

okie dokie :)

And me please :)

Me too Please???

<deleted> you guys may jam up the switchboard, there is no escaping the Monkey House, be warned !!!!!! :D:)

:D:D

come on BROTHERHOOD lets pray and send chewy wishes for his and Mrs chewy visa to come through this week, we are feeling for you but please be positive and strong and send positive energy into the universe and it will happen this week :D:D

Very Sorry, I won't be able to visit the Lady Of Lamphun anymore

We are away tomorrow to Sunny Scunny

Out of curiosity what time did they ring you Tick Tock.

We went to see The Lady Of Lamphun at Aprox 11 AM Monday Morning

Bye For now To One and All Kennkate

SUNNY SCUNNY i work on laneham street but a mud rat,hhahahahahahahahahahhaa

<deleted> you guys may jam up the switchboard, there is no escaping the Monkey House, be warned !!!!!! :D:)

:D:D

Sorry Chewy I did not mean to upset you :D but I am sure you will get the answer you are looking for in the next few days ! :D

all the best M8

If I was you Chewy, I'm not going to ring them, I will go to see them instead, 14 weeks it's a bad joke. :):D

I checked on a Thai web board, someone submited a student visa, and he had to travel on the 23rd June at 1.00am but he didn't have a visa in hand yet, so on the 22nd June he went to the UK Embassy, went straight to Visa Section and told the staff that he have to travel tonight, the staff told him to wait for 30 mins and then gave him the visa. The guy said there was no one there because everyone goes to Regent House, he suggested it might work if you go straight to the embassy.

This is the contact info I got off the FCO website:

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-the-fco/embassies-and-posts/find-an-embassy-overseas/asia-and-oceania/embassy-bangkok

Thailand, Bangkok, British Embassy

Ambassador:

Mr Quinton Mark Quayle

Address: 14 Wireless Road

Lumpini, Pathumwan

Bangkok 10330

Main switchboard: +66 (0) 2 305 8333

Telephone:

+66 (0) 2 305 8333 - Main Embassy line

+66(0) 2 305 8229 - Consular information (Please note, the Consular Section cannot answer visa enquiries)

Fax: +66 (0) 2 255 9278

Office hours: Office hours (Local time):

Mon-Thurs: 08:00-12:00 / 12:45-16:30

Fri: 08:00-13:00

Consular office hours

Mon-Thurs: 08:00-11:00 / 13:00-15:30

Fri: 08:00-12:00

Email

If you have an urgent enquiry, please call the above telephone numbers. Otherwise, we will respond to your email within 20 working days.

Consular enquiries: [email protected]

Visa enquiries: [email protected]

Trade enquiries: [email protected]

General enquiries: [email protected]

Fax numbers

+66 (0) 2 305 8372 Chancery

+66 (0) 2 255 8619 Commercial/information

+66 (0) 2 255 9278 Management

+66 (0) 2 255 6051 Consular

+66 (0) 2 254 9579 Visa

This from the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs website which lists the details of all Diplomatic Missions http://122.0.2.102/protocol/list_detail.as...e_code=13430001 - no direct lines though.

Mrs. Alayne Anne Howard

Second Secretary (Head of Visa Section)

Mr. Gerard Stuart Grant

Second Secretary (Immigration)

All this info is in the public domain

I see the tracking is down again, could this be when they update the system - really don't know