Best Fresh Bread & Croissants

Angelas in mae nam have some good bread. Not sure if it´s your style.

No it's not my style, i don't really like getting ripped off... :o

she is expensive.. but in my view she is worth it.. i guess if you are looking for quality you are willing to pay the price.

you can try the bakery inside the tesco.. when you come in the morning and the buns and baguettes just come out from the oven they are very good .

Have Car, will Travel.. :o

Where's the best place on Samui to get them in the mornings ??

Opinions please..

Try "Bake n Take" a french run bakery in Lamai. If coming from Chaweng it is just after the sharp left hand turn near the Temple. 20 metres on the right.

What about the home bake baguettes at Makro?? Not bakery fresh as such but, easily done and in the comfort of your own home! They worked alright for me.

Continental bakery in Lamai. If coming from Chaweng, turn left at the McDonalds sign entry to Lamai, then it's just a 100 meters on the left.

Kan bakery in Lamai. On the ring road bypassing Lamai centre, opposite JJ Gymnasium.

Kan bakery best for Croissants, get there about 0915.

Enjoy :o

Opinions please..

best "English" style bread is the Bakers Oven based in Lamai , and now with a new shop towards Nathon after the sharp right before the elephant places.

not sure if he does croissants though!

Opinions please..

theres a little coffee shop to the left of the old coco{rip off} blues...does lush bread..and pastries...my fave is a danish with custard , fruit and a blob of jam

on top.....fookin lush and only 15bht

What about the home bake baguettes at Makro?? Not bakery fresh as such but, easily done and in the comfort of your own home! They worked alright for me.

i'm not familiar with them. i assume 'home bake baguettes' means you bake at home so they will be as fresh as you can get right?

do they come frozen? i have to get them back to phangan, not sure if that's possible?

steve

Boulangerie in Bophut across from the 7/11 (before the entrance to Fisherman's village) has good croissant, pain au chocolat and lovely raisin brioche. 30-35 baht each

Agree, they also do nice quiche and lemon tart. Sonia's in Maenam (near traffic lights) did good croissants, although haven't been there for a few months.

Edited by Bluebell

i'm not familiar with them. i assume 'home bake baguettes' means you bake at home so they will be as fresh as you can get right?

do they come frozen? i have to get them back to phangan, not sure if that's possible?

steve

Yes Steve,you buy them frozen.Wrap them in foil & newspaper ,should last all the way back to Phangan.