Nong Buak Hat

eek

I've seen early morning tai chi & chi kung there, usually underway by the time I got there around 6 or 6:30. Don't know any details but I'm sure if you show up and express interest you'll be welcome to join. I never saw foreigners participating though, so some Thai language skill might be necessary.

It was rain for two days. I think this is a good time to wake up early, do a littlebit exercise, enjoy the sun rise in the park. I have been there cycling around the moat. It was nice. See you somedays... :D:o

eek.

and wondered if there are activities some mornings such as Tai Chi etc.

ive no idea if there is anything going on in the mornings coz i dont usually get there untill 11 30 to 1 ish ?

the power walkers , joggers , runners etc usually start arriving about 4 pm every day and a lady does aerobics sessions ( or something like it ) with very loud fast dance music at about 6 pm every night.

its fun to watch !

but not for old farts like me

enjoy ... dave2

Hi dave, I saw you the other day at the park! I didnt have a chance to go over to talk to you, sorry. Was just a quick wave (not sure if you noticed! :o).

Went along early evening today too. (Met some of the kitties you told me about too.) Was great to see so many people all doing their own things from jogging to badmington to just relaxing. All that going on, yet still feels very private though.

For those who dont know the park well, you can hire a mat for 10baht and buy fish food for 10baht (the fish are wonderful actually. Saw a few catfish, and even a young turtle). Food and drinks can be bought and fruit and ice cream sellers do the rounds. Massage available also.

Toilets are a bit on the yuck side, but are maintained and cleaned, so no biggie.

There is also a childrens play area but I only saw it from a distance so cant say if its up to much or particularly safe.

Still plan to drag myself out of bed around 5-5:30 one morning to check out the possible morning activities.

eek .... hiya gall

(the fish are wonderful actually. Saw a few catfish, and even a young turtle)

turtle ? turtle ? eek you sould be shot at dawn : )

they are terrapins not turtles you plonker and they only live in the huge pond on the left of the park.

there is a tunnell to the pond where the building on stilts is on the right of the park but ive never seen a terrapin in there.

theres a kingfisher that visits the park anytime every day !

if you want to see it and have the patience to wait for it ?

go to the toilets at the back of the park , walk 25 yards towards the kids play area and look for these two blue plastic pipes.

he always sits on the top one for a few seconds , catches a small fish or two and hes gone

enjoy pics .... dave2

..reprimanded! It was a type-o...i meant to type terrapin. :o (Ok..not really..but im not v clued up on these things. :D)

Wonderful pics Dave. Appreciate the Kingfisher tip, thank you.

This morning I actually woke up just before 5am to go to the park ....but thought better of it and went back to bed.

Next time!