Apparently On A Harley Forum Somewhere.

Travelmate

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bard you sound a little confused

Confused? Why is that dynabob?

Well maybe i'm the one is confused,i know you like the sporty but after that i'm lost am i right that you are suggesting putting HD motors into sport frame's.

A mate of mine put a triumph motor in a sporty frame and called it a TRILEY and sold it for big money

I have no doubt that having spent much of my youth on Jap race bikes around the lanes of Kent and Sussex stood me in good stead for how I handle the bike today. Sorry, trying not to sound big-headed here but I despair of so many H-D riders who crank it up into 5th and stay there all day!!

I never saw so many motorbike fatalities as when I too lived and rode around Sussex and Kent, unfortunately.

Ride safe

Dave

He was cofused and fuc_king stupid

Erm... I don't think "cofused" is a word...

At least Bard has an excuse- he's a farkin' Viking after all :o

Sorry if you're too thick to understand what he's trying to say...

your right but i am a bit dieslex when i was a pimp i opened a warehouse.as for thick,opinions are like asshol_e'S everybody has one

customised harleys are the business..........end of story ...every sports bike with a fairing look the same.now steetfighters are a whole lot different altogether......no 2 harleys are the same ,they are all individualised..buying the harley is only the DEPOSIT....its what you put into it after that what changes it......alot of sports bike riders wont admit is they havent the cash for a customised harley....so they get off on slagging harley owners and their bikes

Agreed BB you make your own,i know guy's that spent as much on accessories as they paid for cycle.I bought my street bob because of the 1950's look,it was love at first .I fitted oil cooler,phyton exhaust's,detatchable saddlebag's,highway pegs for the long run's,kept the mid's for the handeling when in a hurry and a pillion to be removed tomorrow.I like her bog and that is my choice and as you said no to are alike,but all of them are special.LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES. almost forgot the power commander

Agreed BB you make your own,i know guy's that spent as much on accessories as they paid for cycle.I bought my street bob because of the 1950's look,it was love at first .I fitted oil cooler,phyton exhaust's,detatchable saddlebag's,highway pegs for the long run's,kept the mid's for the handeling when in a hurry and a pillion to be removed tomorrow.I like her bog and that is my choice and as you said no to are alike,but all of them are special.LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES. almost forgot the power commander

yes i paid the same on acessories as the bike too.madness but its like a bug once you start you see something else that you would like to change.but sure if we were all the same the world would be a boring place wouldnt it

Bard you sound a little confused

Confused? Why is that dynabob?

Well maybe i'm the one is confused,i know you like the sporty but after that i'm lost am i right that you are suggesting putting HD motors into sport frame's.

A mate of mine put a triumph motor in a sporty frame and called it a TRILEY and sold it for big money

Well here is the new HD XR1200 which I do really like http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content...sp?locale=en_US that is like a naked sport bike, looks good and should ride good. I asked HD Thailand for a price but they suck, still no price of any new bike from them??? They must have sold at least 1 new bike this year, so when you ask for a price and a week later still "cannot find yet" one start to wonder what they are up to. I hope that HD sells a good deal of these so they will put the EVO into something similar, that would be nice.

Also Buell makes sport bikes with Harley machinery, but lately have started to use Rotax engines.

So I should not really be confused, I just think different of how a bike should ride that's all. Maybe I should custom make a sport bike with a HD engine myself :o

Cheers Bard

i think a little different myself hence the confusion comment.As for HD bkk a complete waste of space,his latest offering will not trade in a bike he did not sell,and when they have a display at a bike show,if you want to buy a t-shirt wait until the end they reduce them by about 40% .HD MALAYISA are great and they will do a good price on accessories BB.What you ridi'n a softail prehap's

Everytime i log on here all ye riceburner owner's are discussing HD,mostly negtive but never the less alway's a topic,but i suppose there's only so much you can say about moulded fiberglass on wheel's with a 2 a penny motor that does everything except wipe your ass.Most of these riceburners have sensors everywhere so as to make them idiot prof,the on board computer is like an autopilot,all driver need's is two legs,two arm's,no colour blindless and the mentality if rossio can do it so can i.

My HD street bob is EFI ,TWIN CAM,1450cc,SIX SPEED,PHYTON PIPES,all mapped together by a dynojet power commander,the motor is bog stanard.A riceburner friend said he sat behind on his sport's he was at 210km and he was amazed because of my riding position and open face helmet and i quote"i could'nt do it"and with that i rest my case.It take's a different breed to ride a HD one that does not rely on ABS,mono shock,front anti dip,brake sensor driver over ride and last but not least HD rider's don't have to be told if side stand is up or down they alway's seem to know,we ride our bike's,not the otherway around

.LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

Thats funny, when all realistic bikers know harley is not a bikers bike but a posers ,anyway,i cant have one i dont have tattoos and a beard,. :o .and i do track days on my hayabusa, ,NEVER seen a harley there !,.but i have seen plenty in the back of pick ups on the way to shows,.i thought the reliablility issue would have been sorted after 200 years,. ! ..NEXT Edited by imaneggspurt

i think a little different myself hence the confusion comment.As for HD bkk a complete waste of space,his latest offering will not trade in a bike he did not sell,and when they have a display at a bike show,if you want to buy a t-shirt wait until the end they reduce them by about 40% .HD MALAYISA are great and they will do a good price on accessories BB.What you ridi'n a softail prehap's

ive a 06 dyna street bob ..heres a few pics

post-70166-1237946649_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1237946671_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1237946691_thumb.jpg

Did you read the complete thread i think not.Bigbikebkk and you would get on like a house on fire ,arrogant bastard's what give's ye the right to come on here and insult people.i sure you love tracking same as a goldfish like's going around in circles.

Also Buell makes sport bikes with Harley machinery, but lately have started to use Rotax engines.

I am so out of the loop.. Didnt even know they had started to do that..

Always like the buell look.. Always wondered if they are not a little on the heavy side ?? Never ridden one.

Once in a while a bike manufacturer gets it absolutely right........ that original yellow Triumph Daytona (circa '95?) was pure sex on wheels, the Duke Monster....... wow! Even H-D did it when they tarted up the old Electra Glide and the Road King was born, and now they've given us this...... the XR1200. Originally designed just for the Euro market, it's now a hot seller all over the world. Awesome performance and great looks.
Well here is the new HD XR1200 which I do really like http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content...sp?locale=en_US that is like a naked sport bike, looks good and should ride good. I asked HD Thailand for a price but they suck, still no price of any new bike from them??? They must have sold at least 1 new bike this year, so when you ask for a price and a week later still "cannot find yet" one start to wonder what they are up to. Cheers Bard

Bard old chap I introduced that XR to this thread on page 1....... suprised you didn't see it as I was waiting for a comment from you long before now....... thought some of you might like it! H-D Bkk have now sold 5 of 'em I believe, and they are around the 750,000 baht mark. If you want to speak to someone there just ask for Ross. He has one himself and is happy as a pig in poop!

Oh well, after some tongue-in-cheek posts from some folk this thread seems to have deteriorated into a slagfest with iamaneggspurt giving us his very narrow minded but oh so boringly typical view of H-D riders.

<deleted> it....... I ride anything on two wheels, I am a biker first and foremost, have blatted a GSXR1100 all over Thailand and now run an Electra Glide Ultra, which I HAVE taken at speed, scraping boards, around Bira!! And did it all without the help of a beard! (And my 1200 H-D cafe racer was a big hit there too).

ive a 06 dyna street bob ..heres a few pics

Stunning BB paint job is pure class and the bike reflect's the amount you spent.By far it is the finest customised streetbob thati have seen on the road or on any forum ,i was thinking doionng something with mine and i spent a lot of time surfing the net and i discovered that the STREET BOB is respected,admired and possabley the most popular HD in years.i've decided to take off pillion,fit 09 fender,scream'n eagle big tyre and move ignition up to console.The 08 FXDSE2 console is identical to 06,speedo,warning lights and your new ignition switch all fit perfectly into console and if you want you can buy half & half speedo with rev counter,i'm keeping my speedo,saw a pic of one and it looks standard.

I like your Streets 'bars there Barrybike....... I wanted something radically different on the Ultra to combat the flexing of extra high risers when doing the twisty bits in the mountains and came up with these...... they do a wonderful job and extremely comfortable too!

post-66370-1237960776_thumb.jpg

Always like the buell look.. Always wondered if they are not a little on the heavy side ?? Never ridden one.

I ran an M2 Cyclone in BKK for a couple of years - it was bright orange, very loud and went well too - unfortunately the older Buells had nasty reliability issues reported - mine never went bang and nor did anything fall off, but it always felt like something was about to go wrong. I sold it on eventually, didn't lose too much on it either.

It was physically quite a big bike - think fast street bike rather than out and out track tool - and comfortable for me (188cm tall). The new Buells look much smaller to me, although if they have Rotax mills I'd consider another one as quality is usually good.

Never seen one in Singapore. Hogs and Trumpets (and Dukes for that matter) a-plenty. No idea how much they cost or if you could get one imported to Thailand to order?

CC

Back in the days when the Triumphs, Royal Enfields and BSA British bikes were popular, I got to ride most of them. I can't leave out the Harleys either. I was riding a R600 BMW shaft drive. I really didn't get to ride it too much on road trips because all the other bikers wanted to ride the BMW, just until they got the feelings back in their hands and feet. All those above mentioned bikes except the BMW vibrated enough to be really uncomfortable.

Getting back to the racing, one guy I knew had a really hopped up Harley. I always teased him the it really wasn't a Harley engine because the connecting rods were custom made on a CNC mill and the crankshaft was a couple throws cut from A forged Chevy crank. It was pretty fast. Another friend bought a Kawasaki. I'm not sure what model it was but it was just 1,000 CC's. During a beer drinking session both guys were bragging how fast their bikes were. The next week end it was out to the local drag strip. The Kawasaki won with the aid of a nitrous oxide injector. The Harley owner claimed that was cheating but his Harley was no where near stock so what could he really say.

I ran an M2 Cyclone in BKK for a couple of years - it was bright orange, very loud and went well too - unfortunately the older Buells had nasty reliability issues reported - mine never went bang and nor did anything fall off, but it always felt like something was about to go wrong. I sold it on eventually, didn't lose too much on it either.

It was physically quite a big bike - think fast street bike rather than out and out track tool - and comfortable for me (188cm tall). The new Buells look much smaller to me, although if they have Rotax mills I'd consider another one as quality is usually good.

Never seen one in Singapore. Hogs and Trumpets (and Dukes for that matter) a-plenty. No idea how much they cost or if you could get one imported to Thailand to order?

CC

A few XBS9's around here..

I like the look of the geometry.. But I still think it looks heavy..