Where Do You Go On A Saturday Night?

sbk

I know a great place with a good Thai band good singers of cover songs and there is a car somewhere in the midlle that will be soaped and washed by pretty girls in skimpy outfits.

It is really funny to watch.

Summin like that?

:o

Boing, boing, boing.....

I know a great place with a good Thai band good singers of cover songs and there is a car somewhere in the midlle that will be soaped and washed by pretty girls in skimpy outfits.

It is really funny to watch.

Summin like that?

Boing, boing, boing.....

I truly worry about you being a good host on a date. If successful, I would be worried what type of women you are dating.

This is not about getting a date mate.

I thought SBK is looking for some entertainment kind of place where she can have a drink talk and listen to some music and perhaps try some moves on the dancefloor.

But I thought she was looking for something different, guess I was wrong. :D

And hop!

Try the red pill!

oh dear dear dear

its been a while...and I wont know all the 'trendy' 'in' new places

but Ill give it a go.nothing flashy..nothing of the fad

(budget dependent)

dinner at Eat Me restaurant and art gallery - the most yummy sticky date pudding by the way.

you can choose to hang around for a bit longer and continue with drinks here. they do some good cocktails

(a bit pricey though....both food and drinks. but really really nice)

or you could try Indigo for similar...food and drinks. again pricey. this place has garden atmosphere.

both in silom soi convent

another option is: Spring in Sukhumvit 53 I think.....they have a hugeeeeeeeeee garden, and you sit on bean bags and enjoy your drinks (if you are ok to sit on floor) this place Im not sure if its still in, or open. tends to be one of those that you worry about how long it will last?

or you could try my fav bar - Tuba in Sukhumvit 63. 50's furniture shop. and you canget food and drinks. buy any of hte furniture you sit on if you wish to. they also have a small pool table. was perfect for my after work drinks thing.

later you could head to either: Saxophone in victory monument for some loud jazz music. or try Brown Sugar in langsuan for similar. not much of a chance to dance though. however, from Brown Sugar you can go next door to a selection of bars, in one or 2 there might be some dancing happening. mind you...they are all very small places. but a decent crowd.

girlX already mentioned a few of the proper dance clubs.(Bed, Qbar, Club culture) i get tired of Bed, but there really arent all that many choices. theres some in ratchada area, but i dont go that far in my travels in bangkok :D other places are some inKSP, one is Molly bar. thai crowd inside, with crazy loud music. farang crowd seated outside. its a funny arrangement. or try whats that place called.....is it Bangkok Bar? GirlX will be able to confirm Im sure...its on the other side of KSR....near the temple.....

someone mentioned the place near jatujak. its alright to go sit have a few drinks with mates, but i wouldnt go there to dance. better off going to LangSuan area.

another option, non dancing, is the Blues Bar near Khao sarn road. live music on Fri and Sat night. really really good. but dont even think about dancing haha. theres barely room to sit!

theres also the big hotels.......but the crowd can be questionable. its ok if you have a couple of friends with you though...and just ignore whatever else goes on around you. fo eg. Novotel in Siam, or Spasso at Erawan, or what used to be called Rivas at Sheraton (now called something else...I forget)

theres also a live mexican/latin band at the mexican restuarant in Rembrandt hotel. and often people will get up and dance to it. however, im not sure what nights they had those...and can be a bit of hit and miss in terms of if the crowd is dancing

theres always the londoner in sukhumvit as well. not somewhere Id choose to go dancing, but ive often seen people get into it there. Witch's tavern is also a possibility, but it tends to get busier on either wed or thurs (whenever the ladies night is?)

and then theres some dance bars in Patpong :D honest, not making fun...but there are a few places there, as well as in silom soi 4 that are non gay.

AND THEN, theres a whole array of after hours bars :D but you've got to be really really open minded and at times prepared to be ignorant and oblivious to enjoy yourself.

if interested I will eleborate :D

by the way SBK - now is the time to tell me how much you regret of turning down my date offer all those months ago :o

Bad timing miggie, bad timing :o

Next time you are in Bangkok just make sure you are here when I am in the country and when its not full moon!

thanks for the comprehensive list. Now to prod my friend into going with me :D