New Road Opens In Singapore

pete_r

Living in Bangkok with 45-60 minutes commuting morning and evening (and that's relatively short I hear), I had a smile of envy reading about the difficult traffic conditions in Singapore (bold added).

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../416964/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Residents in northeast residential estates can now drive to the city faster, with the opening of a S$33.9m road link.

[...]

"Last time when this road wasn't open, I have to bypass to Hougang Ave 7 and that's a two-lane traffic road. In the morning peak hours, (there) is heavy congestion over there. To reach KPE from my place, I probably need 10 minutes. Now, with this direct road link, I think 3 minutes I'll reach KPE."

Living in Bangkok with 45-60 minutes commuting morning and evening (and that's relatively short I hear), I had a smile of envy reading about the difficult traffic conditions in Singapore (bold added).

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../416964/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Residents in northeast residential estates can now drive to the city faster, with the opening of a S$33.9m road link.

[...]

"Last time when this road wasn't open, I have to bypass to Hougang Ave 7 and that's a two-lane traffic road. In the morning peak hours, (there) is heavy congestion over there. To reach KPE from my place, I probably need 10 minutes. Now, with this direct road link, I think 3 minutes I'll reach KPE."

Sometimes the traffic on the CTE backs up for 20 or 30 minutes at a time. If it wasn't for that Singapore would be quite a convenient place to live.

There are other hardships in Singapore too. For instance, sometime on Saturday and Sunday mornings my internet connection slows down to less than 1 Mbps.

Edited by OriginalPoster

There are other hardships in Singapore too. For instance, sometime on Saturday and Sunday mornings my internet connection slows down to less than 1 Mbps.

You should see my connection in a 5 star hotel in Rangoon. I think snail mail could be faster. What the heck; 90% of the websites are block anyway.