Business Visa For Massage

Hi guys, I've been thinking a long time about opening a Thai massage salon ( NO, not a soapy....)in Spain and now ready to give it a try, but I'm not sure about the possibilities about bringing a few ladies over. I've looked at the embassies website and it just seems to easy, all they need is

- Application for visa form duly and fully completed, passport and photographs, the same as in number 1.

- Documents attesting good economic means to finance the trip. Supporting documents regarding the schedule of the journey and means of transportation to and fro: a round trip ticket, hotel reservation.

- An invitation letter from the Spanish business partner stating the purpose of the visit, length of stay, etc. (the letter must be written in Spanish).

- Travel insurance for up to 30,000 euros, covering medical expenses during the stay in Spain and, if necessary, repatriation to Thailand

I have 3 ladies that would be willing to come over if everything is ok, but I'm still have doubts about it.

Do you think the above would only count for big businesses, does it look that simple as it says on their website, does anybody have any experience as such?

I haven't set up the business yet (massage salon)for the invitation, but do have another business. Does anybody know of any parlors who work with Thai ladies in Europe?

I've seen some websites who recrute Thai workers for Europe but only for ingeneers, agriculture, .....

Any help would be appreciated before I go to my embassy, because I know they gonne tell me to bring in the above papers, but then what???

The ladies have some cash but not enough to cover the travelexpences, etc.... so I need to get their flights and insurance and that's a big costs allready if I don't know if it will be possible, so any advice is very welcome....

Thanks, K

Mate, I would go back and have a look again at the embassy website. These regulations look like rules for issuing Thai nationals tourist visas.

You need to find the regulations for getting work permits in Spain for non-EU nationals. Not same same, very different

Aplogies, this is not an ad, but the information below is taken from: http://www.workpermit.com/spain/spain.htm

How long will it take to get an employee on site with an Spanish work permit?

The supporting documentation needed is quite extensive and can take some time to collect, it must be submitted in Spanish, so translations should be taken into both time and financial budgets. Once the application has been lodged, processing takes between 3 and 6 months due to the highly bureaucratic systems designed to protect the resident labour markets.

Spain has just acknowledged the provision of service ruling by the European Court, which means that some candidates may be able to be placed on-site within a week.– See the section below.

When the work permit is approved the candidate must apply for a residence visa to travel to Spain and start work.

Can my company obtain Spanish work permits?

There are two possible ways for the candidate to be employed with a work permit for the first time:

As the direct employee of an Spanish company. In the first instance this would be a type b, which is for a maximum of 1 year. This may be extended and would become a type B, valid for a maximum of 2 years.

As the employee of a foreign company that is providing services to an Spanish company. This foreign company may not be a recruitment agency and must produce a service contract as part of the application. In this scenario, a Spanish accountant must administer the payrolling of the candidate to ensure that all tax and social security is duly paid. This would be a type A permit and would be valid for a maximum of 9 months.

Does the candidate qualify for an Spanish work permit?

The candidate must be shown to have sufficient experience to fill the position.

If the application is for an assignment permit then the candidate should have at least 6-12 months experience with the service provider, to justify the claim that they have experience with the company's systems.

Preference is given to candidates with some demonstrable link with Spain and Latin American citizens

How do I apply for an Spanish work permit?

The application is generally lodged through the Direccion Provincial de Trabajo, seguridad Social y Asuntos Sociales (local labour office), however they may also be lodged at the office for foreigners, the Gereral directorate for Migration, or even the post office. When the application is for provision of service and the employer has no presence in Spain, the Spanish consulate will accept the application.

Once the work permit application is approved, the candidate will need to make a residence visa application in their usual country of residence. The candidate will probably need to present a police clearance certificate and an original birth certificate to be granted this visa, so it is worthwhile assembling these documents in advance.

Provision of service ruling – van der Elst

The European court made a ruling that any EEA company should be able to provide services to it's EEA clients without the need to obtain additional work permits for it's employees. i.e. if a British software house sells it's product to a Spanish company and to install the product on it's client's systems needs to send some non-EEA employees who have UK work permits to the client's offices in Spain they should not need a Spanish work permit.

This ruling is being acknowledged very slowly across Europe, and was acknowledged by Spain at the end of 1999. In order to fit into this category the employee must have been employed in the EEA by the supplier for at least 12 months before being seconded.

Spanish work permit FAQs

What is the difference between a work permit and a visa?

A work permit is permission for a company to employ a foreign worker given by the labour authorities. It does not allow the candidate to travel to or reside in Spain. Once the work permit has been approved the candidate should apply for a residence visa (type D), a scengen (type C) visa is not sufficient to take up employment with a work permit.

Samran, those were the rules taken of their site for business visa, but like it seems in your next answer, there's a lot more to it then just that, that's why I had to ask a board like this one, before I take all the steps.

No wonder this place is packed with Chinese shops and restaurants and no Thais!

It looks like I'm going to have to set my aacountant onto it. The ladies I know have a degree from massageschool in Thailand and have been working in salons, but I don't know if they can show contracts for that, so it looks like that's gonna be the first problem.

Thanks for your quick reply....

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys, I've been thinking a long time about opening a Thai massage salon ( NO, not a soapy....)in Spain and now ready to give it a try, but I'm not sure about the possibilities about bringing a few ladies over. I've looked at the embassies website and it just seems to easy, all they need is

- Application for visa form duly and fully completed, passport and photographs, the same as in number 1.

- Documents attesting good economic means to finance the trip. Supporting documents regarding the schedule of the journey and means of transportation to and fro: a round trip ticket, hotel reservation.

- An invitation letter from the Spanish business partner stating the purpose of the visit, length of stay, etc. (the letter must be written in Spanish).

- Travel insurance for up to 30,000 euros, covering medical expenses during the stay in Spain and, if necessary, repatriation to Thailand

I have 3 ladies that would be willing to come over if everything is ok, but I'm still have doubts about it.

Do you think the above would only count for big businesses, does it look that simple as it says on their website, does anybody have any experience as such?

I haven't set up the business yet (massage salon)for the invitation, but do have another business. Does anybody know of any parlors who work with Thai ladies in Europe?

I've seen some websites who recrute Thai workers for Europe but only for ingeneers, agriculture, .....

Any help would be appreciated before I go to my embassy, because I know they gonne tell me to bring in the above papers, but then what???

The ladies have some cash but not enough to cover the travelexpences, etc.... so I need to get their flights and insurance and that's a big costs allready if I don't know if it will be possible, so any advice is very welcome....

Thanks, K

• 3 months later...

Hi, I am looking to do the same thing in the usa, could you tell me how you made out.I have one woman now who i am going to put in school to teach her english. She also is certifed in massage. I plan to use her as mgr and open the salon then bring a few more woman to assist us. I am in Thailand presently but am leaving tomorrow evening. By the way I am a female..fyi.....I plan on submitting for a work visa possibly through an immigration attorney in the states. I have known her for about 3 monts and I believe that she is sincere and a good person...have met lots who would drop husbands to go with me the the states, but if they do that to them .....what about me and the business...let me know if you could how you are getting along...thanks so much

Bklyngal

Thanks, K

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Kurly.

I'm from Ukraine and I myself think about opehning Thai massage salon here. I'm at the stage of collecting information. I wanted to ask you where you found the ladies whou would like to come over and how much are you going to pay them a month? If of course it's not a secret. I think that Thai massage salon is indeed a great idea and I myself have been to Thailand only once last summer and now I'm in love with this country.

Would appreciate your help of piece of advice.

Thanks,

Tanya

In order to employ a foreign national, a company must have a permit to do so. Now, it's likely different in each country.

A little info on USA

A little info on Ukraine

When offer a position to any spa therapist (or whatever), you have to also think about based salary, commission on retail and treatments, provision of accommodation, food, uniform, and transportation between work and flat (if any), etc.

Edited by LovelyCutie

Just thought i might add that a Thai lady can get a qualifacation with certificate by doing just a 10 day course at Wat po. My friend in UK took 5 years to get her cert. for practicing massage! Just because the lady in question has the cert doesnt make her good at the Job, if you want to offer a quality service make sure they have been working at the industry for a few years at least. You proberly are already aware of this as you know them it seems. Other point might be worth checking if a 10 day cert. is enough to allow them to work in Europe in the massage business, dont know what the rules are in spain, if any. Just some pasing thoughts.

I doubt this is particularly easy to get an EU work permit with a 10 day massage course certidficate. Most countries (including Thailand) require work permits to only be issued to people with a degree and/or many years of experience that can be in lieu of a formal education. But that is very tough to prove.