looking for organically grown fruit and veg

Hello!

Much respect and admiration to everyone involved in the growing and supporting of organic farming!

I am currently looking for large quantities of organic fruits and vegetables for a 2 year intensive health program.

I have battled much of my life with chronic lyme disease and I have decided to undertake an organic intensive juice plan to eradicate my illness. I will be consuming 10 fresh organic juices made fresh daily. I am following the gerson protocol located in mexico. gerson.org

I just acquired a home outside of chiang mai and a vehicle.

I will need about

40 Kg of organic carrot per week

20Kg of organic potato

20kg of organic apple (if possible)

20-30 Kg of all other organic fruits and vegetable

I would prefer delivery to my home in hang dong

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Bumlooker, i can send you 1 kilo of seedless cooked Tamarind, its a variety only found in North and Central Issan, its sweet and from our farm its totally organic, its high in vitamin B1 and a very mild laxative, I usually put some tamarind pulp with an orange,pineapple slices and a tomato in a blender with ice and thats my miday meal,

PM me your address and i will get it posted to you,

Same for you Thaigerd, I dont have an organic farm certificate, [means little anyway here] but if you want to try, PM me and i will send you some,

Cheers Lickey,,

"its sweet and from our farm its totally organic, Cheers Lickey"

"As things are at the moment the salad beds are still bare due to overuse of cides,"

Excuse me, but is this the same farm?

"As things are at the moment the salad beds are still bare due to overuse of cides,"

Yes Dr, its the same farm, the salad beds take up about 1/2 rai, 4 trees border on this, they are the thick curled tamarind that isnt very sweet and normally used in cooking, these trees dont have many pods this year, again, perhaps due to cides? the other 50+ trees are dotted round the 40rai farm and there is never a need to spray cides under such a tree, its the same as bamboo, nothing grows under it, so no need to use cides,

Its also possible to argue about or discuss run-off from rain ect, no real problem there either, the farm is hilside, and the old gulleys the rain has made are still there, excess water runs 50 mtrs to the access road, and off the farm, past another curly pod tree,orange tree, coconut palm,

80% of the trees are the straight pod type,and in my 3 years here, i know no cides have been near them, there is no need, they look after themselves,

There was a thread on the farming forum many months ago about getting an Organic Farm Certificate, after many posts, it seems that if one could give a big enough bribe to the inspector, then they would get the certificate, this to me is a pointless procedure, but money talks as usual,

So to be on the safe side, i will close my offer to send organic tamarind pulp, because i cant garantee its tottaly organic.

The other fruit trees we have far away from the salad beds are Lychee 3, Lamyai 10, Kanoon 2, Mango 8, banana 1600, papaya 400, makua 150, The banana and papaya are water lovers, and i just cant get enough water to them, but the others are full with flower, mango & kanoon have good fruit already, the others are full with flower which the locals say is a sign of a long early wet season, which of course will leech the soil of all the crap that has been applied in the past.

The last time any cide was used on the farm was october last year, mr poo took in his own hands to spray the cucumber for aphids, they are all dead now, that was a month ago, [cucumber dead] and the aphids,.

Dr treelove, you posed a good question and i hope ive anserwed it fully, my main reason for starting this thread is because i want to learn more about natural/organic farming, all off the posters have given good links and im learning all the time,so perhaps in January next year i can garantee chemical free fruits? today there were birds singing and twittering on the farm, now thats what i want to hear, nature/natural, cant beat it!

Happy Farming, Lickey..

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes Dr, its the same farm, the salad beds take up about 1/2 rai, 4 trees border on this, they are the thick curled tamarind that isnt very sweet and normally used in cooking, these trees dont have many pods this year, again, perhaps due to cides? the other 50+ trees are dotted round the 40rai farm and there is never a need to spray cides under such a tree, its the same as bamboo, nothing grows under it, so no need to use cides,

Its also possible to argue about or discuss run-off from rain ect, no real problem there either, the farm is hilside, and the old gulleys the rain has made are still there, excess water runs 50 mtrs to the access road, and off the farm, past another curly pod tree,orange tree, coconut palm,

80% of the trees are the straight pod type,and in my 3 years here, i know no cides have been near them, there is no need, they look after themselves,

There was a thread on the farming forum many months ago about getting an Organic Farm Certificate, after many posts, it seems that if one could give a big enough bribe to the inspector, then they would get the certificate, this to me is a pointless procedure, but money talks as usual,

So to be on the safe side, i will close my offer to send organic tamarind pulp, because i cant garantee its tottaly organic.

The other fruit trees we have far away from the salad beds are Lychee 3, Lamyai 10, Kanoon 2, Mango 8, banana 1600, papaya 400, makua 150, The banana and papaya are water lovers, and i just cant get enough water to them, but the others are full with flower, mango & kanoon have good fruit already, the others are full with flower which the locals say is a sign of a long early wet season, which of course will leech the soil of all the crap that has been applied in the past.

The last time any cide was used on the farm was october last year, mr poo took in his own hands to spray the cucumber for aphids, they are all dead now, that was a month ago, [cucumber dead] and the aphids,.

Dr treelove, you posed a good question and i hope ive anserwed it fully, my main reason for starting this thread is because i want to learn more about natural/organic farming, all off the posters have given good links and im learning all the time,so perhaps in January next year i can garantee chemical free fruits? today there were birds singing and twittering on the farm, now thats what i want to hear, nature/natural, cant beat it!

Happy Farming, Lickey..

In general I believe to have a "certified" organic farm and products it takes three years to accomplish this in America now. My last organic farming venture for profit was in the late 70's in California so I am far from a currently updated expert on the laws worldwide or in Thailand. It is always the best to try to associate your farm with an existing society or group that certifies its members. They will have affiliation with people and groups that are current with regulations in the process. The need for three years was necessitated by farmers getting big problems with their farms and they ultimately would chem them and then try to bring them back to organic one year from the date of their application (when one year used to be the criterion).

Good on everyone that is growing organic as you are an organic grower and your product is an organic product even if you are in your first or second year. The key to this is that it is not a "certified" organic product and older buyers will understand and question the source of the products. I believe everyone that isn't certified should state how long they have been farming their plots and that will give buyers the ability to chose if they think your goods may be viable for them. I am having a very difficult time in Buri Ram trying to certify our rice farms as rthere is no government ability to do this in this province or at least that is what we were told by Buri Ram Ag Dept. Surin has an excellent organization to certify its rice growers and many floks are becoming very wealthy there do to it. They also require new members to go to a certain amount of new schooling that they have and then all members are required to do additional schooliong each year to maintain their standards. It sounds like a very good organization and hopefully they will be able to expand similar programs into other provincews. Time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Same for you Thaigerd, I dont have an organic farm certificate, [means little anyway here] but if you want to try, PM me and i will send you some,

Cheers Lickey,,

Why does an organic farm certificate mean little here in Thailand? And as Thailand is an exporter of organic produce, are foreign importers being conned? And if importers from Thailand are being conned what about those from Africa, Asia etc? Can labels like this for imports from developing countries really be trusted?