International Baseball

I know most people on this forum will disagree with me and your inane comments will make no differenbce. . I am watching the finals of the World Baseball Classic. Korea just tied Japan with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th .This game reminds me why I love baseball.

I'm in Nagoya office, most of staff are in meeting room watching the game. This minute, Japan is leading Korea by 2 points.

Quite unusual, almost unbelievable, it could happen in Japan. Managers were first to watch, pretty much for several days now.

Edit: those still at their desks have set their mobile phones as mini TVs (works like that for 6-7 years now) and watch while typing away.

Edited by think_too_mut

I know most people on this forum will disagree with me and your inane comments will make no differenbce. . I am watching the finals of the World Baseball Classic. Korea just tied Japan with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th .This game reminds me why I love baseball.

I'm with you 100%. Japan ended up winning 5-3 in the 10th. For the life of me I can't understand why the Korean manager didn't walk Ichiro Suzuki; it cost them the game.

I'm with you 100%. Japan ended up winning 5-3 in the 10th. For the life of me I can't understand why the Korean manager didn't walk Ichiro Suzuki; it cost them the game.

Me either. And even more confusing, if he wasn't going to walk him why didn't he hold the runner so there would at least be a chance for a double play or a play at second. Confusing. But it was baseball at its best I think. And the players attitude so refreshing compared to MLB.