Tot's New 4mb Package

sahprite

I am a bit confussed, we are on TOT silver cyber (512/256) at 700 baht a month and i just did a speed test which said upload speed 308 download 1340 are we getting a faster speed than we should on this package? So could i get faster speeds for less or the same amount of money

thanks

I have a 2m/512K goldcyber with TOT that I pay 1000B a month.

I have complained to TOT that my download speed for international website is less than 500K (http://speedtest.thaivisa.com/) :o

The TOT technician told me at phone : "Sorry our company have problems with intl internet connection..." nothing else ! :D

I will go asap to the TOT office to get informations about the new promotion packages because the TOT website is not update since few years... :D

http://www.tot.co.th/index.php?option=com_...amp;Itemid=1082

I upgraded my 2.5 Mbs package to the 8 Mbs package on Friday afternoon. On Saturday morning I got a nice text message from True that said I was registered in the system and that the upgrade would take place within 24 hours (which would have been Sunday morning). Well, Sunday came and went with no change in my speed. I just got off the phone with them, and the nice woman with excellent English said that the queue for upgrades was very long and that I should get the upgrade by Wednesday. (:

Sounds like the OP got lucky!

Do you think it's possible to upgrade online, via the existing users menu (I've seen the option there before) or do I have to go to their office?

:o Upgrade online! Just taken me an hour sitting in their offices and filling out form after form, but got 4mb now!

I upgraded to the Diamond package about 1 week ago, (I'm in Phuket and was on Silvercyber before).

Although the claimed speeds are 4MB down 512kbps up, this will only apply to 'Thainet' connections, (ie connecting to servers within Thailand).

In the middle of the night, I get about 3MB down and 450 kbps up for Thainet, with downlooad rate reducing to maybe 2 MB during busy daytime periods. For 'Internet' connections, I get about 1MB down/300 kbps Up at night and 800kbps down/100kbps up during the daytime.

Simon

• 2 months later...

Can anyone confirm getting the 4Mb package in Bangkok, went to the TOT office in Carrefour, On Nut today and they said only 3Mb is available in Bangkok. Am on the ฿1,000 for 2Mb package at the moment.

Thanks,

Martin

Can anyone confirm getting the 4Mb package in Bangkok, went to the TOT office in Carrefour, On Nut today and they said only 3Mb is available in Bangkok. Am on the ฿1,000 for 2Mb package at the moment.

Did it occur to you that TOT might be quite happy leaving things as they are, since you are paying more for less?

I am out in the boonies and I can get the 4Mbit package so you can definitely get it in BKK. Just mention that you'd maybe switch to True's similarly priced 4Mbit package if they don't have it... that will get things moving :)

Did it occur to you that TOT might be quite happy leaving things as they are, since you are paying more for less?

I am out in the boonies and I can get the 4Mbit package so you can definitely get it in BKK. Just mention that you'd maybe switch to True's similarly priced 4Mbit package if they don't have it... that will get things moving :)

Don't think there was anything dishonest about it, the people there hadn't heard of the diamond 4Mb package until i showed it to them on the TOT e-service website, they only had a 'Net Up-Speed' promotion contract with a tick-box for 3072/512 (platinumcyber) for 590/month. After I proved to them there was a 4Mb package, it seemed their immediate response was, sorry not in Bangkok. Appeared more like they were saving face as they initially said it never existed and i proved them wrong that's why i thought i'd see if anyone in Bangkok has managed to get it. Perhaps I will try a different office today in any case.

Don´t forget !

You always share your connection with many other users. That means for example you have a 2 Mbit line you share it with 10-20 or more people. Only if you access a webpage inside Thailand you have the 2 Mbit for you alone. Internationally you share your 2 Mbit line with others.

Sorry for my english. I hope you understand anyway !

And by the way : I have a 3 Mbit line from CAT, sharing it with up to 5 people the CAT office said. Unfortunately I pay 3000 Baht for it. But it is very good, almost everytime the advertised speed. But not like TT&T and TOT, CAT doesn´t give me more speed for the same money in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

is there no-one in this country that doesn't bullshit at every given opportunity? went to tot office to upgade my 1000baht 2mb package. was quoted 7800 baht for 5mb, 4mb was around 5-6000 baht. this was a about 3 months ago.

"surely not mister, those prices are ridiculous"

"they are business connections sir"

"well this is my house, it's is not a business"

"sorry sir, no have"

does anyone in thailand get trained before they start work anywhere?

well 'upgraded' to 3mb (apparantly that is all i can get) i was supposed to get a phonecall within 3 days telling me i could now use my platinum username. 5 days later and not a word. oh and i have also had one of my 2mb connections capped to 200kbps for the last 4 days!! phoning up get the usual "is the modem light on" "goto www.adslthailand, so you can confirm for the fourth time what you have already told each day for the last 4 days" she even asked me what could be wrong with it?! 'engineer' comes, tested the line to confirm what i have already told them on 4 occasions, says he will return in the afternoon... yeah mate of course you will, you useless ****!!!

FT!

Well I’ve read all the posts on here with great interest as I’m considering changing from TOT to TT&T. however one seems to be as bad as the other. A vote would be interesting to see which one seems to be the best, or should I say worst!

I have tried phoning TT&T with some questions for over an hour but nobody answers the phone!

I phoned 038 360 500 & 038 360 502 & 038 370 023 & 038 370 024, the phone rings but nobody answers! Typical useless service, but what can you expect in Thailand.

Does anyone have any different numbers for them please?

Cheers,

Phil