Eating Duck While Breast Feeding

robbo1

I wonder does any body know of a story about a lady in ISAAN country eating duck and dieing I bought my wife a great duck as I know she loves it and so do I but she says cannot a lady die while eating duck and breast feeding .

I laghed at the story but she has friends who are all from isaan country and know the same story even though we are safely in australia she wont eat duck .

Is this a true story or not only thing I can think of is maybe the duck had the bird flu

I wonder does any body know of a story about a lady in ISAAN country eating duck and dieing I bought my wife a great duck as I know she loves it and so do I but she says cannot a lady die while eating duck and breast feeding .

I laghed at the story but she has friends who are all from isaan country and know the same story even though we are safely in australia she wont eat duck .

Is this a true story or not only thing I can think of is maybe the duck had the bird flu

They also believe eating seafood, but not fish, post birth, will kill them. There is currently a thread on 'General' forum about old wive's tales. This post deserves to be on there. Edited by coventry

Eating the fruit Duriam (Thuriam) and drinking whiskey at the same time can kill you. Heart attack apparently.
The usual story involves heat and some form of spontaneous combustion, whether that's of the heart specifically or some other part surely varies. The durian tale is always hilarious and surprisingly widely believed in spite of how silly it is. Other than the time I ate a bunch of durian and drank a bunch of beer to shut up some friends, I don't bother to debate it with Thai friends or co-workers because the authority of modern medicine and scientific inquiry isn't always afforded the proper amount of respect. Still, for anyone interested, the Singaporean Medical Community put this one to bed about forty years back in a study you can find online. Not that citing Singapore as a source is going to win you a lot of points in Thailand, heh.

I would imagine that if you tried to stuff a whole duck down your throat at the same time as breast feeding or not,you could possible die a slow death.But then again the positive would be on the other side,IF you tam boon on a reagular basis you would be reborn a happier and better person. :o