Played By Karoake Girls

beefrocket

I get out plenty, which is how I know that it is possible to have nights with gorgeous women in Thailand that cost me much less than that, as I'm sure many of you have.

And it wasn't that fact that it was almost worth the money, it was the fact that the entire experience was a cleverly designed trick. I'm not exactly a fan of Karaoke. I'd rather sleep with a woman for 2000 baht than sing with 3 of them for 5000.

If you're willing to tolerate these types of things be my guest

I can understand exactly how you feel.

You had been scammed and bullshitted which leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Scams by Thai women towards Farang guys seems to be on the increase in Thailand.

It`s decent of beefrocket to have informed us of this experience and may save others from falling for the same scams.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get out plenty, which is how I know that it is possible to have nights with gorgeous women in Thailand that cost me much less than that, as I'm sure many of you have.

And it wasn't that fact that it was almost worth the money, it was the fact that the entire experience was a cleverly designed trick. I'm not exactly a fan of Karaoke. I'd rather sleep with a woman for 2000 baht than sing with 3 of them for 5000.

If you're willing to tolerate these types of things be my guest

I can understand exactly how you feel.

You had been scammed and bullshitted which leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Scams by Thai women towards Farang guys seems to be on the increase in Thailand.

It`s decent of beefrocket to have informed us of this experience and may save others from falling for the same scams.

Not to mention suffering the slings and arrows from some here for revealing his story. Quite decent of him.

if it was a scam,i dont think it was that bad.I just think they saw someone who was way to way drunk and took advantage,but really by not too much,got away lightly,was lucky,and unlucky,he could have got more for his money.

going to kaoroke bear is like going into the lions den(not really farang territory)better to stick to farang bars.

I say good luck to the girls,they are there to make a living,by whatever means................alls fair,all bets are off.

if it was a scam,i dont think it was that bad.I just think they saw someone who was way to way drunk and took advantage,but really by not too much,got away lightly,was lucky,and unlucky,he could have got more for his money.

going to kaoroke bear is like going into the lions den(not really farang territory)better to stick to farang bars.

I say good luck to the girls,they are there to make a living,by whatever means................alls fair,all bets are off.

He's very lucky actually, that he was taken to a public place - and not back to his room where he could have been rolled - and worse. We've all heard of those stories.

:o Yes, karaoke sucks big time. Are there any other clubs in the area that have "good" girls?

Let me respond with a few things, and at the same time get this topic back on the rails again after some appalling snide comments aimed at Eek for absolutely no reason.

Firstly: No. If they were good girls they wouldn't be in clubs late at night hanging out with drunk Farangs. :D

Secondly: You're too over-focussed on finding 'good' / 'wholesome' girls. That's a concept in your mind but has no bearing whatsoever on how much fun you'll have on any given night out. Don't mix up short-term fun with long-term goals. So that means to not confuse going out, getting drunk and having fun with any kind of longer term agenda of finding a 'good' girl.

Thirdly: If you must know, finding a 'good' girl is best done on-line. NOTE to the dyslexic: This statement is NOT the same as saying that all or even most girls you'd find on any given site online are therefore 'good'. But stick to mainstream social networking and community portal sites, preferably Thai ones, and chances are you'll come up with some interesting dates at least.

Fourth: You can do the second and third one concurrenlty; pursue some dating with regular Thai people while still doing your thing at night.

Fifth: I do like the small non-fancy karaoke shacks.. But also there I ask about pricing on everything and keep a check on things. I mostly find prices reasonable, but perhaps that's just a result of visiting the lo-so ones. :D The fancy ones such as those on Chiang Mai land charge a bundle for everything and get expensive quickly. Also they're less fun. As for your bill, they ordered a bottle of whisky and lots of food.. Whisky is 1500 baht easily, so could be the food, add mixers and drinks and you're already at 3500-4000 at least. Yes that's expensive but not uncommon. Possibly those girls even worked at the Karaoke before going to Spicy and then deciding on making some money, so assuming those girls were on the meter then that adds a couple hundred baht each as well and he presto, you're at 5000. It's in the ballpark for those kind of karaokes. Just say no next time.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Hmm..did i just step into the Pattaya forum?

Times like this I have to say im glad i dont understand the need or appeal of paying countless thousands of baht to oggle some naked flesh, or the desire to take it away for a few borrowed and paid for hours.

Some men really are a slave to their hormones eh.

:D

buying sex is a turn on....................its the power eek :o

ฺีัBuying sex may be a turn on for you. I see it as a waste of money. You can get it for free all over this country. It requires some basic social skills.

I have heard many stories of karaoke nights going all wrong. A friend was recently charged 28,000 baht for a night with a coulpe of women and some Jonny Walker. Not much he could do but pay. It seemed he had drunk 30 odd sodas at 50 baht each, 30 odd cokes between him and girls for 100 baht each, loads of food he told me he didin't see and girls that sat with him that didn't appear.

This is Thailand and no where will the negative aspect of this saying be more apparent than in a karaoke place.

If you want to go in those places you should tell the mamusan that you want to know exactly how much you are spending all the time and how much things cost.

The man that made the post, what did you expect, 5000 is not that bad at all considering.

Cut throat country we live in, yes, but that doesn't mean you have to stick out your neck . . .

Hello All,

I recently got back from a month long trip to Thailand, and wanted to share an interesting experience I had in Chiang Mai. This was my first time to Thaland in 20 years, so I was not familiar with how many things work here. However, I should say that by this point in my trip, I was definitely aware that 99% of women in bars/clubs were working ladies, and that finding a wholesome Thai girl would be a challenge.

After being in town for a couple days, I heard a lot of hype about the Spicy club, so I tuk tuked over from Loi Kroh one night to check it out. Was certainly relieved to see the "No Ladyboys" sign at the front :D . Keep in mind that at this poiint I was fairly drunk and judgment was not optimal. Upon entering, I noticed 3 very pretty university looking Thai women in the back, so I wandered over and introduced myself. I started dancing with them but they seemed very shy, which led me to believe that these girls "might" not be pros. After a few minutes dancing, something strange happened, and the girls basically started to attack me. One of them starts kissing me on the mouth, and another one starts grabbing me all over :D The hottest one keeps asking if I want to go sing with them, and they drag me outside and toss me into a tuk tuk. More kissing, calling me handsome, etc. I definitely suspected something was up at this point, but I was having way too much fun living the fantasy, and just kinda decided to let things play out.

We arrive at the Karoake bar, up to a fancy looking room with a giant couch, big tv, out pops a menu. The rest is sort of a blur, some very quick talk abotu prices, the girls order whiskey and a crapload of other stuff, more "we love you" talk and all of a sudden I'm presented with a 5000 Baht bill :o A heated argument ensues, I calm down remembering that i passed about 5 bouncers on the way in, and realized there was no way I would get out alive without paying. I pay the man and run outa there, but not before 2 of the girls chase me down in the street begging for food money :D . $140 later I finally make it to my guest room, all the while telling myself that "In America, it would have been worth it!" :D

Yes I was naive and stupid, but I certainly learned my lesson, and was a bit impressed by the complexity of the scam. Does this happen a lot?

Next time that happens just let them molest you and lead them into thinking your going to take them to the Karaoke "soon". They'll get the picture after a couple hours or so.

Next time that happens just let them molest you and lead them into thinking your going to take them to the Karaoke "soon". They'll get the picture after a couple hours or so.

I get molested all the time. It goes with the territory and it's part of why I love it here in Thailand. It costs a bit but who cares? It's much cheaper than anywhere else for the same amount of fun. The great thing is you can ration the so called "molesting". When you exceed your allowance you just cut back on spending for a while. It's not like that with a marriage. The wives go on spending whether you like it or not. :o

As Damian pointed out, just lead the girls on and let them BELIEVE they have a sucker on the hook. It's all in the game of war between the sexes. The hard to get guys are always the ones the girls chase the most.

Times like this I have to say im glad i dont understand the need or appeal of paying countless thousands of baht to oggle some naked flesh, or the desire to take it away for a few borrowed and paid for hours.

ฺีัBuying sex may be a turn on for you. I see it as a waste of money. You can get it for free all over this country. It requires some basic social skills.

that's a cracking answer. i always understood it that in any transaction with the oldest profession that it was the working girl who held the power. can't see how buying something you can otherwise get for free equates to being in charge to be honest.

:o Yes, karaoke sucks big time. Are there any other clubs in the area that have "good" girls?

Let me respond with a few things, and at the same time get this topic back on the rails again after some appalling snide comments aimed at Eek for absolutely no reason.

Firstly: No. If they were good girls they wouldn't be in clubs late at night hanging out with drunk Farangs. :D

Secondly: You're too over-focussed on finding 'good' / 'wholesome' girls. That's a concept in your mind but has no bearing whatsoever on how much fun you'll have on any given night out. Don't mix up short-term fun with long-term goals. So that means to not confuse going out, getting drunk and having fun with any kind of longer term agenda of finding a 'good' girl.

Thirdly: If you must know, finding a 'good' girl is best done on-line. NOTE to the dyslexic: This statement is NOT the same as saying that all or even most girls you'd find on any given site online are therefore 'good'. But stick to mainstream social networking and community portal sites, preferably Thai ones, and chances are you'll come up with some interesting dates at least.

Fourth: You can do the second and third one concurrenlty; pursue some dating with regular Thai people while still doing your thing at night.

Fifth: I do like the small non-fancy karaoke shacks.. But also there I ask about pricing on everything and keep a check on things. I mostly find prices reasonable, but perhaps that's just a result of visiting the lo-so ones. :D The fancy ones such as those on Chiang Mai land charge a bundle for everything and get expensive quickly. Also they're less fun. As for your bill, they ordered a bottle of whisky and lots of food.. Whisky is 1500 baht easily, so could be the food, add mixers and drinks and you're already at 3500-4000 at least. Yes that's expensive but not uncommon. Possibly those girls even worked at the Karaoke before going to Spicy and then deciding on making some money, so assuming those girls were on the meter then that adds a couple hundred baht each as well and he presto, you're at 5000. It's in the ballpark for those kind of karaokes. Just say no next time.

There are many foreign guys now that are warning; don’t get involved with Thai women. Love them and leave them. Short time is safe time.

Especially these days because of the world economic crisis, many are becoming desperate and seeing Farangs as an easy option to gaining a lot of money quickly.

In my own experience, I found this a few months ago, when I discovered my wife’s married sister in law selling herself on social networking sites with the knowledge of her husband.

There are probably many Thai girl Farang guy success stories out there, but the message is clear: buyer beware, they are becoming more deceitful and cunning.

Check out this post I found on craigslist:

http://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/w4m/1057763943.html

Edited by sassienie

There are many foreign guys now that are warning; don’t get involved with Thai women. Love them and leave them. Short time is safe time.

Especially these days because of the world economic crisis, many are becoming desperate and seeing Farangs as an easy option to gaining a lot of money quickly.

In my own experience, I found this a few months ago, when I discovered my wife’s married sister in law selling herself on social networking sites with the knowledge of her husband.

There are probably many Thai girl Farang guy success stories out there, but the message is clear: buyer beware, they are becoming more deceitful and cunning.

Check out this post I found on craigslist:

http://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/w4m/1057763943.html

The funny thing is that all most of them do with the money is shop or buy yaa-bah. Stay away from Thai working girls is a better phrase. I've had some good looking Thai girls that were good to the last drop, ones that actually were taking ME out and not charging for sex.

I can see the attraction for paying for it though. Guaranteed sex with zero strings attached? There's usually SOME type of payment for "free" sex. Maybe not money...but usually money in SOME form or another. Somebody catchin' feelings or headaches, or just putting the energy into the game.

Like, I can go make a car, but in the long run it's easier, quiker, less of a headache, and sometimes ends up being less pricey in the long run if I just go out and buy the dam_n thing. :D

that's a cracking answer. i always understood it that in any transaction with the oldest profession that it was the working girl who held the power. can't see how buying something you can otherwise get for free equates to being in charge to be honest.

Exactly. How could you have the power? You are the one paying them for their services. They are the ones with all the power.

Just remember the rules here please as this thread is bordering on breaching a few

3) Religious or racial slurs, rude and degrading comments towards women, or extremely negative views of Thailand will not be tolerated.

1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing prostitution (including bargirls and barboys), referencing suicide, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of the Thai Court of Law.

We dont want to close it down, so lets keep it within the boundaries.

Thanks!

:o

Eek, from what I have read in your posts I have concluded that you are a lady.

But, I have had a live in GF for around four years and she has been well provided for financially (as has been her mother I might add) but this relationship has almost reached it's "use by date" and I am contemplating that I might just go for a period of "pay per use" without all of the hassle.

That said you won't find me in a karaoke joint where the prices are way over the top.

Edited by john b good

Eek, you called it. At times it's sad to see how simple men are, but alas, we are. But you don't have to gloat, the female species has their own mental pitfalls....

But anyway, with men, a few compliments and some drinks and we start to swoon and live the illusion. It's a nice high. But how real is it ? For a vacationer it doesn't much matter. And I don't judge.

But when you walk the well trodded paths of the naive and bug-eyed kid-in-a-candy-store, you might as well have a sign saying 'Free Money' hanging around your neck. They can see you with your tongue hanging out n your tallywacker ready to do the same. Your newness and ignorance reek. We can all smell it. And that goes for the tourists at the club, the real estate agent's office, the jewelry shop, or the Bantawai souvenir shop.

And come on, 'Beef Rocket' ?! You aren't setting yourself up to look like an Einstein here with that name. In fact, despite copping to being stupid, you chose a name that apparently speaks loads of your mindset. I can only wish you good luck. This story is so many times, so many places, it's comical. Not the story, but your surprise. Sadly all many ever see when they experience 'Thai Culture' is in hotels, gogo bars, n maybe a few upscale clubs. Those things are here n real, but they just ain't real Thailand.

The funny thing is that all most of them do with the money is shop or buy yaa-bah. Stay away from Thai working girls is a better phrase. I've had some good looking Thai girls that were good to the last drop, ones that actually were taking ME out and not charging for sex.

I can see the attraction for paying for it though. Guaranteed sex with zero strings attached? There's usually SOME type of payment for "free" sex. Maybe not money...but usually money in SOME form or another. Somebody catchin' feelings or headaches, or just putting the energy into the game.

Like, I can go make a car, but in the long run it's easier, quiker, less of a headache, and sometimes ends up being less pricey in the long run if I just go out and buy the dam_n thing. :o

Damian had a good point, but my analogy is a little different - Going fishing is all well and good, get your tackle out & see what bites etc..., but sometimes you just want to go to the chip shop and pay for your nosh ready to go - only problem is that it's usually battered and can be a bit on the greasy side.

Exactly. How could you have the power? You are the one paying them for their services. They are the ones with all the power.

caveat emptor was a well-meant phrase.

The one who pays has equal power. You can chose not to pay and chose to offer money to another. The girl can chose to say no, and chose to offer herself to another. The power base is equal. Just different forms of compensation.

The one who pays has equal power. You can chose not to pay and chose to offer money to another. The girl can chose to say no, and chose to offer herself to another. The power base is equal. Just different forms of compensation.

if people who have to pay to get laid want to justify it as being a power trip that's their prerogative i guess. i don't think it makes them particularly powerful though.

if people who have to pay to get laid want to justify it as being a power trip that's their prerogative i guess. i don't think it makes them particularly powerful though.

I agree. Having 'the power' in a given transaction does not 'make you' a powerful person. What I was saying is that both parties are on equal footing regarding the 'transaction'. I don't pass judgment regarding whether one should or should not pay for sex and what that says regarding one's character, if anything.

Edited by venturalaw

I think we're getting distracted. The original poster was not at all posting/asking about commercial sex, just relating on how a night our went. If anything he seemed (overly) focussed on 'good' girls. Most respondents however are running off in the usual direction.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience!

We all would like to think about these magical experience that we often read, hear, or see in those famous books, songs, or movies, respectively! Unfortunately, the myth leaves on! More women that we would like to think are interested about "security" (a fancy and politically word that means "money")! If I were taller, more handsome, nicer, and my parents were doctors, they might be interested in more than that, mind you! :o I guess, in general, men love looks and women love security! This seems to be universal, especially if the women are poor (and if I was, that might be crucial too!)

Personally, it took me 3 trips over a 3 year period (each of 4 to 6 months span) to get a Thai GF. I never believed that I could be unsolicited here and handsome five meters away! :D It took me 3 weeks of hard-work (dates) to get a kiss from a Thai lady I have been seeing on-and-off for the last 2 years! I remember reading somewhere that the real Thai girls are not interested in one's money (the the degree that these women were anyway :D )and are --in fact-- much more conservative (more than in the West, apparently) than the tourist pamphlets give the impression!

Good post, Rethaired. I agree with you. But in all things involved with the "war" between the sexes there are all shades of grey... from almost white to almost black.

Steve says why pay for what you can get for free. I say if you pay then there are no strings attached. And, not every male is going to get "it" for free. Maybe if you are young and handsome and have with a confident "way" with women then you can, but not if you are short, fat, old and homely... like so many falongs I see with pretty "ladies".

And, you ALWAYS pay one way or another. That can be in time spent like Rethaired suggests, or by taking on supporting a WHOLE family when all you want is to marry one woman.

I take a different approach. I think of "my" group of bar girls as friends that I've known for a long time. I'm generous (to a limited degree) with them and ask nothing in return. A couple of drinks or the odd 100 baht note slipped into their jeans tells them I appreciate their company. We kid around, make racy jokes, play some pool and occasionally one will come home with me. I also have my regular gals that come see me in the afternoon on a rotational basis. It is a mutual understanding with no string attached. We know each other and everyone has a good time. I suffer from no delusions about love, romance or a long time commitment. I don't look down on ANY of them for what they've chosen to do. They are my friends. I tell ALL of them that they are providing a valuable service that men couldn't have otherwise.

Steve says why pay for what you can get for free. I say if you pay then there are no strings attached.

Charlie Sheen says that he does not pay women for sex, he pays them to leave afterwards! :D

:o:D:D

OH SO TRUE!!!