No Criticising Thai Court Judgements?

Sabum

1) ...You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of the Thai Court of Law.

<snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
Discussion of the forum rules and moderation deleted

I think in Thailand that criticism of a court's decision is regarded as contempt of court and breaks Thailand's criminal law.

Regarding your N. Korea comment: you may have noticed a personality cult here similar to North Korea. Billboards and framed photographs everywhere with our great leader's face. Dissent or criticism of our great leader, or his family, will lead to a spell in gaol. The only reason the US doesn't comment on this type of fascism is because Thailand allows US companies free reign here (unlike nasty and horrible Cuba, N. Korea and Burma) and will allow the US to open military bases to bomb innocents across SE Asia when necessary.

Edited by Loaded

1) ...You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of the Thai Court of Law.

This is a forum rule, one that I was not aware of. It strikes me as completely ridiculous that this was actually written down as a rule? IN THAILAND?! I mean there's enough funny judgements being handed out in our home countries that we all have the freedom to laugh at and criticise but HERE? In a country that wants to issue 2 year jail sentences for saying the F word within ear shot of some "official" we aren't allowed to ciriticise some of the strange judgements that are handed down? Why the heck not? Whats next on the black list for this forum? Soon we won't be able to say anything at the rate we are going here, c'mon! Murderers walk free, thieves get no punishment, innocent people get prosecuted and jailed, there is an endless list of things to criticise when it comes to Thai court judgements but we can't talk about them? Since when? And what are you worried about?! This isn't North Korea for crying out loud.

It's the Law in Thailand, NOT Thai Visa Forum.

Lots of people comment on court judgements everyday in Thai media, it's not automatically "contempt", but Thaivisa is not going to hire lawyers sifting through every postjust to keep safe.

'comment' and 'criticism' are quite different