Cost Of New Rubber For Vfr 400r

t.s

As it says, does anyone have some figures on the cost of new rubber fr a vfr 400r?

I would like something sticky, but dont want to blow the dogfood money.

what are the ranges?

ts

T.S your looking at 8-11 thou for a decent set of grippy tyres. 8,000 will get ya dunlop alpha 10's grippy as hel_l but wear out real quick. about the sameprice for Bridgestone bt090's ( still grippy but last longer). up to 10-11 for Pirelli or metzellers. or if ya want a tyre to last loads longer but not SO much grip (still ok for normal high speed riding) then the Bridgestone bt45 7,000b.

I would say the Bridgestones are ya best bet.

Allan

T.S your looking at 8-11 thou for a decent set of grippy tyres. 8,000 will get ya dunlop alpha 10's grippy as hel_l but wear out real quick. about the sameprice for Bridgestone bt090's ( still grippy but last longer). up to 10-11 for Pirelli or metzellers. or if ya want a tyre to last loads longer but not SO much grip (still ok for normal high speed riding) then the Bridgestone bt45 7,000b.

I would say the Bridgestones are ya best bet.

Allan

Wow Allan,

You've really got the tire scene dialed in! I'm about ready for new rubber on my ER6n and would like to change to a stickier tire than the Dunlop SportMax RoadSmart's I'm currently running. Do you have any recomendations for good tire shops around Bangkok?

The Dunlops I'm running now are "Sport Touring" and they're 'ok' but not great. I'd like some sport tires that are bit stickier. I've heard a lot of good things about the Pirelli Diablo Corsa and in the past I was always a big fan of Bridgestone BattleAx.

Thanks for any pointers you can provide!

Happy Trails,

Tony

I did 12k on michelin pilotsports but I suspect the 180 size will be a bit higher than the vfr400 needs ??

I used the email for pairoj in my tyres thread recently.. delivered to my home for 150 baht on top.. Easy to deal with prompt and had advice on wear and use. Decided to go a bit more sticky than the BT21's I could also have gone with. But not as sticky as the Dunlop qualifyer which he said you see 6 - 8k kms out of !!

Toni,

I did have the Pirelli Diablo Corsa III, great tyres, used them on the track as well, stick like hel_l! Now I got the Pirelli Dragon supercorsa (because there was no stock), good Tyres, but don't last that long, still will go back to the Corsa III,

but, ... Bridgestone got a new Battlax BT 003, which was tested by Randy de Puniet (whos is anyway more off the bike than on) but it's supposed to be a very good Tyre, 5(!) compound.... (for the rear, 2 for the front),

Gerhard

Toni,

I did have the Pirelli Diablo Corsa III, great tyres, used them on the track as well, stick like hel_l! Now I got the Pirelli Dragon supercorsa (because there was no stock), good Tyres, but don't last that long, still will go back to the Corsa III,

but, ... Bridgestone got a new Battlax BT 003, which was tested by Randy de Puniet (whos is anyway more off the bike than on) but it's supposed to be a very good Tyre, 5(!) compound.... (for the rear, 2 for the front),

Gerhard

Cheers Gerhard,

I know Graham has the Pirelli Diablo Corsa III's in stock at BIRA- I'm hoping to go get some next week. Where do you get your tires? Been out riding lately? Your gf forgive you yet for running over that dog? :o

Happy Trails!

Tony

Toni,

actually cracked my fairing when hit that dog, but luckily to fix and spray it was only Thb 2000.- and a good job on top of it. I bought my lastset of tyres at On Nut road on the corner of soi (i think) 17, quiet good service.

Wanted to ride tomorrow, but too busy, can't get away. Looks like you guys enjoyed your SSR Ride...

Gerhard

As it says, does anyone have some figures on the cost of new rubber fr a vfr 400r?

I would like something sticky, but dont want to blow the dogfood money.

what are the ranges?

ts

AFAIK *about* 5,000 baht for a rear tyre and 2,500 for a front tyre (going off what I paid for my CBR 400)

• 2 weeks later...