Online Banking

Thetyim

Does anyone here use SCB easy for their online banking.

I have a slight(?) problem.

When I try to log on instead of checking my password my dowload manager kicks in,grabs hold off the exe file and downloads it.

I now have fifteen copies of the banks CHECKUSR_ASP.EXE program.

If I disable the downloader I can logon OK.

I now have doubts about the banks security, should I keep money in this account or not. ??

System. AMD 2600+, XP, Firefox, Stardownloader

Yes, why not?

The downloader recognizes a file and tries to download it (it also happens with streaming trailers and movies). As you said, just 'Disable Browser Integration'.

Alternatively, you can tell your download manager not to download '.exe' files automatically. There is a list in the 'options' or 'preferences'.

Nothing to do with insecure transactions, just the mechanism of the downloader.

Edited by sniffdog

Have been using SCBEasy for past 2 years and very happy with the system. Great for paying bills and they quickly notify if I accidentally choose wrong payee,etc. The International funds transfer system excellent (albeit you have to apply first via a written form and can only nominate one overseas account)

What is worries me is that it actually downloads the file.

Surely this logon user checker in the hands of a computer criminal could be fed randon computer generated logons until it found a valid one, and then the account is hacked.

• 3 months later...

Re-visiting an old topic, but how were you able to open a scbeasy account? I have an SCB savings acct but when I try to apply for scbeasy online, the form asks for a 13-digit ID number, which I suppose applies to the national ID / bat prachachon.

If I apply in person, will they accept a foreign passport as ID?

thanks.

the exe file should have execute permissions and not read permissions, ie the server administrator is not up to speed on security, this is very common with Thai produced web sites, and yes your pasport number will be accepted in liu of id card for a personal aplication, i have this service, but never used it because i thought it may be insecure

Re-visiting an old topic, but how were you able to open a scbeasy account? I have an SCB savings acct but when I try to apply for scbeasy online, the form asks for a 13-digit ID number, which I suppose applies to the national ID / bat prachachon.

If I apply in person, will they accept a foreign passport as ID?

thanks.

the exe file should have execute permissions and not read permissions, ie the server administrator is not up to speed on security, this is very common with Thai produced web sites, and yes your pasport number will be accepted in liu of id card for a personal aplication, i have this service, but never used it because i thought it may be insecure

I suppose it is an old topic somewhere but....Does SCB let you open an "on-line" account with just a passport and marriage or retirement extension? Or do they also require a work permit or residence certificate?