Best Place For Hernia Repair?

Six

Even three years ago, no operation at Bumrungrad cost 30,000 baht.

Also note that there are enormous cost differences between open and laporoscopic apprraches the latter being much more costly (although less invasive/easier on the patient0.

6 years ago at Bangkok Rayong Hospital it was THB 80,000 for open..

• 3 months later...

Everyone is spending too much money. I had an inguinal hernia repaired at Mahajah Government Hospital in Chiang Mai in 2010. Cost for the operation plus three days in a private room - 18000 baht (~ $600). I paid out of pocket. Very professional.

Edited by connda

Everyone is spending too much money. I had an inguinal hernia repaired at Mahajah Government Hospital in Chiang Mai in 2010. Cost for the operation plus three days in a private room - 18000 baht (~ $600). I paid out of pocket. Very professional.

Not everyone is spending too much....I have medical aid paid for by the company...so in reality cost me nothing...including the "VIP" private room

Not everyone is spending too much....I have medical aid paid for by the company...so in reality cost me nothing...including the "VIP" private room

I have an in-patient policy with a deductible. The deductible would have cost me more at a private hospital than the out-of-pocket expense at the government hospital. And for someone without insurance? It's the only way to go imho.

Anyway, you'll find the doctors at Maharaj government hospital also working at Chiang Mai RAM private hospital. Revolving door. :)

And for someone without insurance?

Should get brain surgery along with getting their hernia fixed......Why anyone in their right mind would move to a foreign country on a long term basis and not make provision for some form of medical insurance is beyond me....should have had their visa's declined on the basis of stupidity alone.

Personally think mandatory medical insurance should actually become a visa requirement for long term "tourists", irrespective of whether married, retired or on a WP

Edited by Soutpeel

Currently in Vietnam teaching English and need to get my hernia fixed. The prices from Thailand seem to be @$5,000.00 Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks Mike.

If you are willing to put up with the long waits and other inconveniences you can get it done for a fraction of that at any government hospitals (including the various military hospitals).

otherwise I suggest you contact these non-profits for a price quote:

Saint Louis Hospital

Camellian Hospital

Specify opne hernia repair as laparascopic is much more expensive.