Direct Flights To & From Cnx

girlx

looking for info on what airlines have direct flights to and from chiang mai to other places (and what those places are). i will be in chiang mai for the next couple of weeks but i will need to do a flight out and back in to get a 30 day visa to last me the month before i (possibly) leave for the states... don't want to spend a ton of money on it though. i did do some research on it but it all seems to be out of date (ie. found that tiger airways went direct to singapore and back but that seems to no longer exist). any suggestions? so far it seems i can go to luang prabang and back for $300(US), but wondering what other options i have. and before you say it, i know it is possible to change planes in BKK but i would prefer to not. thx

Your cheapest option for a direct flight out of CNX will almost certainly be Air Asia to KUL, although you do need to book a couple of months in advance to get their lowest prices. Even at short notice though I think you will find it's the best bet. Daily flight, very punctual, used it many times myself. It does of course entail a night away, but the new Tune Hotel has just opened right by the LCCT and it is VERY reasonably priced, provided you are ok with the budget nature of the place.

SilkAir (a Singapore Airlines subsidiary) does Chiang Mai to Singapore direct and back.

Current flight schedules are:

MI 701 – CNX-SIN 11:30am-3:35pm Tues, Wed, Fri

MI 705 – CNX-SIN 6:00pm-10:00pm Sun

MI 702 – SIN-CNX 8:50am-10:45am Tues,Wed,Fri

MI 706 – SIN-CNX 3:05pm-5:05pm Sun

Prices currently range from 10K THB to 13K THB on average.

-Mestizo

Agree about AirAsia to CNX-KUL. If you book ahead you can get some really good deals. I think this is the cheapest direct flight.

If you havent been there, its also a nice place to stay for a day or two too. Shopping is great at the twin towers mall area (forget the name). Great western sized stuff (they have shops like La Senza!) Plus a trip up twin towers is fab (and free)

thanks! any tips on a decent, centrally located hotel in KL? i will check out the one khundave mentioned, but i don't mind splurging a bit if it is just one or two nights...

Shopping is great at the twin towers mall area (forget the name). Great western sized stuff (they have shops like La Senza!)

KLCC.

Love KL - leaves BKK standing. No specific recommendations for hotels, but some reasonable options around Bintang (downtown) - also a good area for stores, cafe's, restaurants etc.

Edited by Steve2UK

Shopping is great at the twin towers mall area (forget the name). Great western sized stuff (they have shops like La Senza!)

KLCC.

Love KL - leaves BKK standing. No specific recommendations for hotels, but some reasonable options around Bintang (downtown) - also a good area for stores, cafe's, restaurants etc.

Will some people never learn the rules about the use of apostrophes?

Or what matters even the slightest in life? I would suppose one would first have to have a life first to appreciate what really matters. I will see Schteven in the next week and simply whack his pee-pee and I am sure he will never again insult your superior <deleted> rules. Oh yes someone just reminded me that you being a newbie here may very well be unaware that there are no rules that apply here in the land of Fake Smiles....

KLCC.

This is normal, as one adjust's to life here, you s'tart by dropping/adding apos'trophe's, and rapidly progre's's toward's dribbling into your porridge or jello. :o Pass the bib, please. :D

KLCC.

Aided by diligent and sharp-eyed observers like yourself, I think there's hope. It was a heinous error on my part - and I thank you for your help in my ceaseless quest for self-improvement.

How ironic to have one's English corrected by a Dane (apparently)............. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Denmark-t253...56#entry2636756. I hope that the flatulence you mention there isn't proving to be an insuperable drag on your chances of "pulling".

BTW - welcome to ThaiVisa! :o

thanks! any tips on a decent, centrally located hotel in KL? i will check out the one khundave mentioned, but i don't mind splurging a bit if it is just one or two nights...

Try the Pacific Regency http://www.asiarooms.com/malaysia/kuala_lu...hotel-room.html I have stayed here many times before doing visa runs from CM. Reasonably priced studio and suite rooms. Directly opposite the KL Tower and walking distance to the Hard Rock Cafe and underground.

Cheers :o