Can A Farang Woman Find Romance/love In Bkk?

selftaopath

Can a farang/ Western woman find a loving, reciprocating relationship in Bangkok? Recently someone was suggesting that BKK/Thailand is "all about men." Women from "the West" are undoubtdely not even noticed and their changes of finding a romantic heterosexual relationship in BKK is slim to none. Unfortunately I had to agree. I'm hoping that your experience/suggestions might help women from the West.

Cheers and thank you in advance for your mature and appropriate comments/suggestions,

Keoki

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes she can, if she stop looking in all the WRONG places, there are quite a few places(resturants, churches, lions club, rotary club(to name a few)) in the Big Mango where she can met and greet farangs guys as well as upscale single Thai guys. :D:o:D:D

Edited by BigSnake

curious as to why you posted in the Bangkok forum and not the Ladies forum? If you are really interested in women's opinions it seems the more likely forum to me. If you are interested mainly in men's opinions then I guess this is the appropriate forum.

curious as to why you posted in the Bangkok forum and not the Ladies forum? If you are really interested in women's opinions it seems the more likely forum to me. If you are interested mainly in men's opinions then I guess this is the appropriate forum.

It may well be that there there are some males using this forum who, for whatever reason, do not frequent the gogo bars and other pick-up spots. Such creatures may also know of places where like-minded males gather to discuss matters beyond where to find the cheapest barfine or youngest/slimmest/fattest/biggest/whitest/darkest/newest/oldest/cheapest/cleanest etc. girls.

(Can't honestly recommend the OP hold her breathe while waiting though :o )

Edited by phaethon

Do women only go in the ladies forum then?????

Again, some males may be deterred from posting in there, thinking the OP is only inviting advice from 'sisters'.

The title does specify BKK though, and I think ladies are allowed to post outside the ladies forum... aren't they? :o

Are you saying women never read the Bangkok forum. I believe you are one so why didn't you respond or do you lack experience in Bangkok matters?

Whenever I'm in BKK/Thailand, I'm always open to meeting farang women. I mean, one of the things I enjoy most about being in Thailand is meeting people from all over the world. That should include farang women as well as farang men, but for whatever reason, my interaction with farang women has so far been limited to pleasantries at bookstores, shopping malls, etc.

I welcome the opportunity for a bit of hanging out with a farang lady in BKK/Thailand. Keep that in mind next time we're exchanging pleasantries. And it doesn't necessarily have to turn into romance/love. I'm up for hanging out, and seeing where things go from there. If you're an interesting person, farang or Thai, I'm up for doing stuff. I'm only in BKK/Thailand on vacation, so that's my job: Meeting people and finding things to do.

I would guess most straight men in Thailand would be open to meeting and engaging in relationships with Western Women, but several factors inhibit this from happening.

A) A lot of Western Women in Thailand are not attractive to the men here. I don't know the specific reasons why, but it is something that most men will agree with; most of the time a man sees a western women in thailand that does not currently have a family/husband, or is not a eastern euro model, she is not attractive to him. And vice versa.

B ) The Unapproachability issue. Many men in Bangkok won't initiate a conversation with a WW because of several reason and the WW won't because of some as well. 1) He often assumes an "obviously" straight western woman has a family/husband here 2) if she isn't "obviously" straight, his lesbian paranoia kicks in and he reasons that she may be lesbian. 3) His guilt about being a male in Bangkok (even if it is for good intentions) transforms the WW in his head as a motherly scolding figure which is not attractive 4) She may not initiate because she feels unattractive, or too chubby compared to the Thai girls 5) She assumes he has a girlfriend/wife already 6) he is too unattractive 7) she thinks he's a sexpat bastard

C) Paranoia about cheating. She may wonder if he really goes to Health Land like he says. He may wonder if her tennis coach is really gay like she swears he is.

D) "So..how long you plan on being in Thailand?" Tough having a relationship with a time-frame.

E) baggage. There are some crazy bastards here (male and female) with backgrounds that would make you question your safety

Edited by kblaze

I would guess most straight men in Thailand would be open to meeting and engaging in relationships with Western Women, but several factors inhibit this from happening.

A) A lot of Western Women in Thailand are not attractive to the men here. I don't know the specific reasons why, but it is something that most men will agree with; most of the time a man sees a western women in thailand that does not currently have a family/husband, or is not a eastern euro model, she is not attractive to him. And vice versa.

B ) The Unapproachability issue. Many men in Bangkok won't initiate a conversation with a WW because of several reason and the WW won't because of some as well. 1) He often assumes an "obviously" straight western woman has a family/husband here 2) if she isn't "obviously" straight, his lesbian paranoia kicks in and he reasons that she may be lesbian. 3) His guilt about being a male in Bangkok (even if it is for good intentions) transforms the WW in his head as a motherly scolding figure which is not attractive 4) She may not initiate because she feels unattractive, or too chubby compared to the Thai girls 5) She assumes he has a girlfriend/wife already 6) he is too unattractive 7) she thinks he's a sexpat bastard

C) Paranoia about cheating. She may wonder if he really goes to Health Land like he says. He may wonder if her tennis coach is really gay like she swears he is.

D) "So..how long you plan on being in Thailand?" Tough having a relationship with a time-frame.

E) baggage. There are some crazy bastards here (male and female) with backgrounds that would make you question your safety

I would say nearly impossible as many western women think that western men are just dirty old men,but they fall in love and we monger lol.

Are you saying women never read the Bangkok forum. I believe you are one so why didn't you respond or do you lack experience in Bangkok matters?

Look at the location under my name. Take a peek at my posting history. Hence no suggestions.

And alwaysright has just answered the question why the women's forum instead of the Bkk forum for me.

don't worry sbk some people just see a women posting & feel the need to start stirring, esp prevalent if she has a mod or admin role. sad really :D

As for the post by alwaysright & the reply to it, I have removed it. Alwaysright, if you have problems with women then that is your business but keep it off this forum, no one cares but maybe go tell your mum about your ideas of western women, I'm sure if she is western she will be thrilled :o

I think the op is an American man, according to his profile.

i don't recommend anyone, male or female, try to have a serious relationship in bangkok.

but that's my opinion.

SO are you a Sex Tourist??? Because some of us can have meaningful relationship in Thailand, I have managed 5 years with one woman and never been unfaithful. Its all about choice :o

What's up with the newbies on this thread attacking the long timers? Pretty poor form. The long timers add value to this forum and provide valuable advice. Please respect them!

Edit: spelling...

Edited by Pakeha

i don't recommend anyone, male or female, try to have a serious relationship in bangkok.

but that's my opinion.

Is that why you arrange night outs and DON'T turn up :o If you DON'T turn up ow can you have a serious relationship ?

BT

but that's my opinion.

Is that why you arrange night outs and DON'T turn up :D If you DON'T turn up ow can you have a serious relationship ?

BT

:o she is NEVER going to live that one down, is she? Perhaps she wasn't looking for a serious relationship, did that ever cross your mind?

And thanks Pakeha, not sure what the issue is with this thread, but it does seem quite aggressive, doesn't it?

It usually starts to go aggressive when someone start stirring it up with the "why you post this in ladies forum" or "why you did not post this in ladies forum". Kind of derails the whole thread aways, most of the time i'm not even aware of what forum i'm reading and who cares. Just pick up topics of interest from latest post listings etc etc.

It usually starts to go aggressive when someone start stirring it up with the "why you post this in ladies forum" or "why you did not post this in ladies forum". Kind of derails the whole thread aways, most of the time i'm not even aware of what forum i'm reading and who cares. Just pick up topics of interest from latest post listings etc etc.

That is why I am an admin, Mjo. Like it or not, the reason for the question is that appropriate topics should be placed in the appropriate forums. Get over it.

but that's my opinion.

Is that why you arrange night outs and DON'T turn up :D If you DON'T turn up ow can you have a serious relationship ?

BT

:D she is NEVER going to live that one down, is she? Perhaps she wasn't looking for a serious relationship, did that ever cross your mind?

And thanks Pakeha, not sure what the issue is with this thread, but it does seem quite aggressive, doesn't it?

The easy post, is to attack another posters comments/spelling etc........not provide a well defined supported opinion regarding the actual topic...in order to respect the opinion of another you really require one of your own!!.......many aggresssively disgree with posts without being able to provide an alternative balanced point of view :o Lack of knowledge perhaps??

To the OP ....I would have thought BKK is no different from other major cities......you must build a network involving people you wish to meet......the next step is the relationship. Same for western or any other women.....isn't it?

That is why I am an admin, Mjo. Like it or not, the reason for the question is that appropriate topics should be placed in the appropriate forums. Get over it.

Noted, just assuming i was replying to sbk, not admin... TITV...

Good to see that this topic has gone from aggressive to passive-agressive. :o

QUOTE (girlx @ 2009-03-29 13:21:32) *

but that's my opinion.

lol, are you for real? laugh.gif Or you just having a bad day rolleyes.gif

actually that is something i hear parroted over and over by people in bangkok and i tend to agree with it. people are here for the most part to play around. not necessarily as sex tourists but in general. it is very easy for people of both sexes to hook up, so if one match isn't perfect, they drop it and move on to the next.

Is that why you arrange night outs and DON'T turn up huh.gif If you DON'T turn up ow can you have a serious relationship ?

BT

laugh.gif she is NEVER going to live that one down, is she? Perhaps she wasn't looking for a serious relationship, did that ever cross your mind?

ha, i did turn up to several meet ups. and there was no long term relationship material there either, not that i was really looking for one.

SO are you a Sex Tourist???

heh?

Something I have talk with many girly friends. Last one an Argentinean girl, very well educated, pretty as hel_l, young and saying she was down because was so dam_n hard to find a bf here.. Uhmmm. When I was single I didn't have problem, but I hear that is a problem for many. What I agree and know is that unluckily here there is more disgusting guys around. Or maybe they show it more than in other places... :o

I'm in a long time relationship, I didn't just find him here tho. Happy about that :D