Need A Little Help

Soulwy

After a month hopping from one place to another, I still haven't found what I am looking for (can you hear Bono singing?)

As time is ticking faster and faster, a little help would be very welcome.

I am looking for a quiet place (house, bungalow) to write.

1-2 hours drive from BKK

Internet, aircon, no smog/smoke in the air & supermarket nearby (as I can't drive a car or motorcycle)

Around 5,000 baht.

I will thank the one with the best leading information with happy food :o

soulwy, the obvious decent writer retreats would be Khao Yai and Kanchanaburi, but both exceed your travel time budget... heres an odd consideration... pra padaeng... a strangely rural and green area of bangkok...

Well Chivo, I am quite desperate, so 3 hours drive is also ok. Kanchanaburi...I heard good stories about, but it;s also a Mozzies resort I heard...

A 3 or so hour drive to this province makes up for this great province now that the rains have just began. For sure 'Mozzies' are all over Thailand it is just how you deal with them.

Come, have a look and see for yourself, rent and food is cheap, so are the views 'Free'. Only one little problem is that it gets really HOT during April to May.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :o

Well Chivo, I am quite desperate, so 3 hours drive is also ok. Kanchanaburi...I heard good stories about, but it;s also a Mozzies resort I heard...

A 3 or so hour drive to this province makes up for this great province now that the rains have just began. For sure 'Mozzies' are all over Thailand it is just how you deal with them.

Come, have a look and see for yourself, rent and food is cheap, so are the views 'Free'. Only one little problem is that it gets really HOT during April to May.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :o

I don't think there is a dot in Thailand that doesn't melt in April & May...

Hi Soulwy,

Have you considered Sukhothai? It’s a 1 hour flight from BKK. Has all the peace and quite you could want in some old historic surroundings. Has some supermarkets Tesco and Carrefour. Accommodation is not expensive.

Regards

FoggyDew

After a month hopping from one place to another, I still haven't found what I am looking for (can you hear Bono singing?)

Now back in the states, I feel your pain! I too bounced from place to place, for three years, looking for the same thing, but I drove everywhere... I was about to recommend the outskirts of Lopburi (Farang friendly), and place in Saraburi (Jet Sao Noi - bungalow estate), but every couple of days I had to drive to get somewhere for a market (not a Thai market). For 5kTHB a month though, you could always have a tuk tuk or motorcycle on tow with a cell phone (and a bit of patience).

Let me know if you find what you're looking for, curious myself when I return.

Thanks for your posts! Hunting for a nice house has made me restless and tired, so I decided to forget the whole writing thing in Thailand. I am now near Ratchaburi and will visit BKK so now and then from there ( have a crush for beads)

But will still keep my eyes open for a house. It would be only for a month but oh how I miss an own kitchen!

Foggy Dew: if you can point me a suitable accommodation I will consider Sukhothai.

Phootthaimaidai: this is probably the most active Thai sentence I use :D

I know this place up north (border Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai) Mae Poon Luang.

It is where the governmental organic project is, high in the mountain where there is no smog. It is slightly colder than the rest of CR province. Beautiful area.

The organic plantation has 5 staff members and workers. The staff members are there the whole week but most of them go home when they are free. It has a visitors centre, where visitors also can stay. It is 3,000 baht per month, and if you ask I am sure you can eat organic stuff for free.

There is this shared kitchen, but I would ask the manager for a watercooker, fridge and ricecooker so you can have your own "kitchen".

It has a difficult road to the project (like a camel trophy road), but the staffmembers and projectmanager go to town regularly, so you can always get a ride.

It is ideal for contemplation, writing, healing a broken heart etc.

I was there and stayed there for a night, but I wasn;t prepared mentally to stay there for a longer period (internet free area...)

I have photos, just pm me if you are interested.

2)

A little house for guests in the garden of the owners 8,000 baht. Internet could be arranged. No airco, this was not needed they said, as it always has a breeze. Near Pranburi.

3)

Someone who pm'd me told me about this gem of a house near BKK, but can tell you more when I have more details.

Oh Phootthaimaidai...I just read you were here for 3 years?! And even with a car you couldn't find anything suitable?

Mmm... now I feel your pain more than I do my own... :o

In CR I found nice houses online just outside the city. I like CR very much, but not when I was there in March (smog)

So far...

Phuktien about 20 klicks this side of Cha am.....1h.40 minutes from BKK...by the beach, quite and small supermarket....

The funny thing is when you Google Phuktien, you only get 2 possibilities, and 1 image (my own Paprika...)

Very mysterious...still undiscovered...?

Phuktien about 20 klicks this side of Cha am.....1h.40 minutes from BKK...by the beach, quite and small supermarket....

The funny thing is when you Google Phuktien, you only get 2 possibilities, and 1 image (my own Paprika...)

Very mysterious...still undiscovered...?