Proof Of Money In Bank For Multiple O In Kuala Lumpur

Next week I'm of to Kuala Lumpur to get a new Multiple enty O visa Based on mariage. In earlier post there is mentioned that they want to see proof of money in any bank in the world, but there has never been defined what they see as proof. I can print bank statements as I do internet banking, and do they have to be translated or legalised?

Thanks

are you talking about the 400,000 baht in your thai bank account?If so,if it was me the day before flying to KL i'd ask my bank to photo copy the last page showing the amount,and maybe ask them for a bank letter stating"this is true and correct"

I am not sure but this amount may have to have been in your account for a period of 2 months.Others with more knowledge will be able to tell you if this is true and correct.

As far as I know the old rule was THB 400.000 in any bank in the world for, I never read there was a change that the money had to be in a Thai bank for a multiple entry O. The money is not in a Thai bank but in a dutch bank because Bangkok bank didn't want to give me a bank account only in my name but only together with my wife.

Next week I'm of to Kuala Lumpur to get a new Multiple enty O visa Based on mariage. In earlier post there is mentioned that they want to see proof of money in any bank in the world, but there has never been defined what they see as proof. I can print bank statements as I do internet banking, and do they have to be translated or legalised?

Thanks

As I mentioned in another thread I did get my multiple non O in KL last year I did not have

400.000 in the bank at that time ( hardly anything ) but I would advise you to bring a letter from your wife asking the embassy to issue a visa based on your marriage. You also need your wedding certificate , if it is issued overseas you need to get it translated in to thai, then certified by your embassy and the MFA. I had no proplems at all getting the visa but maybe I am just plain lucky :o

Cheers

I heard Siam commercial is an easy going bank with little hassle for farang, unlike Bankok bank with their weird policies and restrictions. I think I'll go today and open an account there, so I can put the 400k in there as soon as possible. If Kaula Lumpur doesn't give me a multiple entry, I still can apply in three mont for an extension of stay.

Thank you all for the advice, I have the paper work in order and even bring my wife to Kuala Lumpur. I just heared many disturbing stories from people who got a lot of hassle for no reason, or they didn't tell me the whole story why they got their Multiple O refused.

Thank you all for the advice, I have the paper work in order and even bring my wife to Kuala Lumpur. I just heared many disturbing stories from people who got a lot of hassle for no reason, or they didn't tell me the whole story why they got their Multiple O refused.
And let your wife do all the talking it helps a lot :o

I heard Siam commercial is an easy going bank with little hassle for farang, unlike Bankok bank with their weird policies and restrictions. I think I'll go today and open an account there, so I can put the 400k in there as soon as possible. If Kaula Lumpur doesn't give me a multiple entry, I still can apply in three mont for an extension of stay.

Kasikorn bank is also very helpful usually.

When I appled in August last year, they wanted to see a copy of my bank book. It had B400K in it. I was given the visa. So the question still stands, do they want to see some money in an account, or B400K in an account?

It helps a lot to dress politely, smile and present all necesary documentation in a neat file/folder with paperclips etc preferably in a nice small briefcase!! Don't forget, in Asia, presentation is everything.

Edited by jamesjdaly

Did they ask you to show an account with 400k in it? If they did it would be the first report I have noticed of such a requirement since Singapore stopped there unique system months ago. Some currently have asked to see an account but no amount has been specified and visas have been issued without the account and with accounts of 20k or so.

Edited by lopburi3

I purposely held back giving them my bank details just to see what would happen. However she asked to see a bank book. So, I don't know if she wanted to see B400K or just some money in an account. But she wanted to see an account.

As far as I can remember, Fred2007 (see above) applied around the same time as me. I had the money, he didn't.

Again I want to emphasise, presentation of both yourself and your documents are essential.

Edited by jamesjdaly