I Need Creative Ways To Get Back At My Wife

TonySoprano

Everyday I have to replug in appliances that are not on. Apparently, an appliance that is plugged in and turned off, costs about 3 baht a day, and despite having no problem spending 100,000 baht on a designer purse, my wife feels that this is a huge waste of money and that all of her dead Chinese relatives will be looking down at her from sky shocked at her disregard for wasted baht.

They say things like "Being ten kg's over weight takes 10 years off your life". I am pretty sure the stress of having to sigh and replug in the same fan 8 times in one day is taking time off of my life too.

So, I need creative ways to piss her off, which I can rationalize through some silly ethical stance or principle. I've got nothing thus far.

Edited by TonySoprano

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be yourself. It's maybe not creative, but it'll work. Ethics or principles don't come into play when you're trying to piss someone off.

She's just being herself. You married her. Is that really the extent of your issues with your wife. What about the toilet paper and toothpaste? Mai sabai? Ben alii? Take a chill. Chai yen-yen.

buy a MASter swict of a Master cut off switch -

it cut off connection to main power .

so no waste .

try to hutn on down . at kong tom market .

---

how ironic 100,000 on a bag . whahhahaha --- lifestyle at it best i guess

Be yourself. It's maybe not creative, but it'll work. Ethics or principles don't come into play when you're trying to piss someone off.

She's just being herself. You married her. Is that really the extent of your issues with your wife. What about the toilet paper and toothpaste? Mai sabai? Ben alii? Take a chill. Chai yen-yen.

:o

If you want to show her how really unhappy you are with her method of saving you money on electricity you can always fill out some divorce papers or on the other hand, if you want to take a more mature approach to a long and happy marriage, learn to not sweat the small stuff and learn to pick your battles wisely ( of course you could always cut off the plugs on your appliances and solder the wires directly to the wires feeding the outlet ! :o )

Not to mention the waste of our natural resources. Imagine if everybody had the presence of mind to turn off electrical items completely - on standby these items use about a third of the power they do when they are turned on. I think the wife's the smart one in this relationship.

Not to mention the waste of our natural resources. Imagine if everybody had the presence of mind to turn off electrical items completely - on standby these items use about a third of the power they do when they are turned on. I think the wife's the smart one in this relationship.

Except that turning on the power on appliences causes more shock to thesystem and shortens the life considerably. And means things like TV sets with cathode ray tubes retain some power so that they do not need degausingl

i had the same problem as the OP once.

So I plugged in all the appliances but turned nothing on

and went outside with her and looked at the electricity meter

it did not move even one millimeter.

she was still not convinced :o

i didnt know if i should laugh or cry or jump around like a crazy monkey

I wouldn't bother getting back at her as it'll probably backfire. She's obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed and has probably been told this gem of info from a trusty friend or khun maeeeee.

Everyday I have to replug in appliances that are not on. Apparently, an appliance that is plugged in and turned off, costs about 3 baht a day, and despite having no problem spending 100,000 baht on a designer purse, my wife feels that this is a huge waste of money and that all of her dead Chinese relatives will be looking down at her from sky shocked at her disregard for wasted baht.

They say things like "Being ten kg's over weight takes 10 years off your life". I am pretty sure the stress of having to sigh and replug in the same fan 8 times in one day is taking time off of my life too.

So, I need creative ways to piss her off, which I can rationalize through some silly ethical stance or principle. I've got nothing thus far.

Next time you see your wife unplugging an electrical appliance, smack on the head with a baseball bat. That should cure her of any fears she has about the sprits of her dead Chinese relatives.

I used a frying pan on my wife and never had any problems since.

Edited by sassienie

Next time you see your wife unplugging an electrical appliance, smack on the head with a baseball bat. That should cure her of any fears she has about the sprits of her dead Chinese relatives.

I used a frying pan on my wife and never had any problems since.

I used a frying pan on my wife and never had any problems since. :o:D

repeat from Jackr = if mother or good friend has told her this beauty then you as a funny/walking/talking farang enterainment machine will not convince her differently - give it up my friend it will send you bananas

Hey, a no brainer Tony Misplace that 100,000 baht designer purse, mine you now make it reappear before she goes out and buy another one, than complain to her about the money she was about to waste, be SMOOTH and creative in what ever move you make. :D:D:o

Every Thai woman with whom I have had in my home for any length of time does this unplugging thing. And my take on it is "so what?"  It certainly does not hurt me, and it evens saves me a few baht.

i had the same problem as the OP once.

So I plugged in all the appliances but turned nothing on

and went outside with her and looked at the electricity meter

it did not move even one millimeter.

she was still not convinced :o

i didnt know if i should laugh or cry or jump around like a crazy monkey

Brilliant!! THAT I can well imagine happening.

My first laugh of the day since I looked in the mirror this morning :D

If you want to piss her off, you can go out and shag another girl, come back home and give her herpes. I guarantee that will piss her off. OK, I gave you the first part. Now you have to rationalize it through some silly ethical stance or principle.

This is funny, as in Australia this made the news and we were told if we unplug everything when we are not using them we would save a few hundred dollars a year.

ANyways, this sounds like such a small problem and amazes me that it has even been posted

Most appliances have a switch and don't use electric when they turned off.

Most TV have, a fan switched off does not use electric etc etc.

just a minority of devices can be only shut down to standby. some need than almost nothing, while others need a lot.

It make perfect sense to unplug these few ones (or put it on a cable with a switch).

So I would check all with common sense and agree together to only unplug these who take electric.

There are some appliances that use electricity that you wouldnt think they did. Some blenders even switched off use a bit of electricity and list goes one with other appliances. Its almost impossible to know which appliances dont take in electricity as even some toasters do. It all depends on the makes and models.

Probably just safe to have them on a multiple adapter that has a switch, but even some adapter switched turned off take in small amouts of electricity.