Translate To English

bobo42

Is there anyone willing to take a crack at translating this email?

หวาดดีค่ะพี่ สบายดีป่ะค่ะ แล้วไม่สบายหายรึยังอ่ะ โทรไปไม่ค่อยรับเลยทักเอ็มไปก็ไม่ตอบกลับเดี๋ยวจาหาว่าใหม่โทรหาพี่เวลามี ปัญหากับพี่ดอน ไหนๆพูดถึงพี่ดอนและงัยก้อฝากพี่ดูแลเขาด้วยน่ะมีอะไรก็บอกใหม่ด้วยใหม่จา ได้ไม่โง่ พี่รู้ป่ะใหม่นอนร้องไห้ทุกวันเลยเพราะไอ้บ้าพี่ดอนคนเดียวเลย

(ทรมารชะมัด) งัยพี่ก็รักษาสุขภาพมั่งน่ะ (ตอบกลับมามั่งก็ได้น่ะพี่แล้วใหม่จาโทรไปคุยด้วย)บ๊ายบายค่ะ^^

This came into our email account from a friend of my girlfriend, who emails once in a while. My GF is usually more than willing to share these contents with me (even if I don't want to know), but after I told her she got this email and she read it, she was pretty evasive as to the contents. So now I have to wonder what she's hiding from me. If anyone can tell me if I have some bad news or not, I would be very appreciative.

If this is too tough to crack, does anybody know if a service or something that can translate it for me? I don't think its anything, but if she is doing something that she shouldn't, I'd rather know it than not. Thanks for any help.

It's from a person named Mai, seems to be writing to a person named Em. Roughly:

Hey, how are you? Are you feeling better yet? I call you and you don't really pick up. When I talk to you you don't really respond. I don't want you to think I only call you when there are problems with Don. While we're on the subject, take care of him for me, okay? If there's anything going on, tell me, so I'm not clueless. Did you know that I cry myself to sleep every night because of that SOB* Don? (It's pure torture.) Anyway, look after yourself, okay? (Respond if you get a chance, and I'll call you to chat.) Bye bye.

*Can be interpreted variously. Not favorable, but from context perhaps meant more in jest..?

• 3 weeks later...
It's from a person named Mai, seems to be writing to a person named Em. Roughly:

Hey, how are you? Are you feeling better yet? I call you and you don't really pick up. When I talk to you you don't really respond.

Rikker, another 2 cents from me, regarding the original text and Your translation.

โทรไปไม่ค่อยรับเลยทักเอ็มไปก็ไม่ตอบกลับ

Em in this case is not the name of the person, to whom the letter is addressed. In fact the above phrases mean:

You didn't pick up when I called on the phone, called you on MSN (เอ็ม is modern Thai slang for MSN messenger chat client), but you didn't answer...

Otherwise correct.

Using พี่ as a first-person pronoun indicates the writer is of the same generation, but older. Ending sentences with ค่ะ indicates she is a she, most likely of the first, but possibly of the second category. But the question was this:

"If anyone can tell me if I have some bad news or not, I would be very appreciative."

The bad news is, you are not acting like you are your girlfriend's friend.

Using พี่ as a first-person pronoun indicates the writer is of the same generation, but older. Ending sentences with ค่ะ indicates she is a she, most likely of the first, but possibly of the second category.

Too obscure for me..งงนิ๊ดหนึ่งครับ ขอโทษที 55555

Thanks Meadish, I sorta let it out - I don't get around the type 2 "women" much, so didn't think about this particular gradation :o

Still the following sentence should be the other way around:

Using พี่ as a first-person pronoun indicates the writer is of the same generation, but older.

พี่ in this case is certainly not the writer, but the adressee (the unknown one) :D