Non Imm B From Kuala Lumpur

Hi,

I have a Non imm b with a work permit, I will not be working at my current place of employment after my contract ends on the 30th April 2009. I am currently searching for a new job. On the 13th April I am going to Malaysia for a holiday so I thought maybe it is best to get a new non-imm B visa from KL, that way I have more time to find a job.

Do you think it's ok to do this? Or are the strange rules because my current visa is tied to a work permit?

The way I understand it is if I leave the country without a re-entry visa my current visa and work permit will die. Am I correct thinking that?

Also to complicate matters further I will be paid by my employer for the last time at the end of April 2009, will that be a problem if I get a new non-imm b before that pay day?

Thanks

Are you here on a 90 day visa entry or a one year extension of stay from immigration?

If on 90 day visa entry employment has no effect on your current stay or the visa.

If on an extension of stay for employment from immigration it ends the day your employment ends (last work day). You must then visit immigration with letter from employer and cancel your extension of stay. You can obtain a 7 day extension or immediately leave.

You do not just obtain a new non immigrant B visa from KL without employment.