Songkran Alcohol Ban Canned, Crackdown On Alcohol Postponed To April 16

george

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never fear, if you are a Thai Visa forum member.

I have it on good authority that TV admin is in negotiations with the relevant Thai authorities to get TV members exempted from this ban.

Obviously, this privilege will be extended to mods only for a trial period during Songkran but then may include members with up to 500 prime posts.

Newbies will, unfortunately, not qualify but mods will also be extended the privilege of longer happy hours and additional discounts at selected TV sponsor establishments for alcoholic beverages.

This will be facilitated through the issue of a special TV membership card indicating the special privileges for the holder.

Songkran alcohol ban canned, crackdown on alcohol postponed to April 16

Alcohol crackdown to start April 16

Massage parlour minimum age

The Muslim Cancer is in full swing in Thailand.

Restriction of personal freedom and choices.

'Too many rules' as wisely said by my friend who has recently moved to Cambodia.

Time to move on after 14years.

Hunkey Dorey :o

I cannot believe it took until post 57 before the esteemed members of TV realised the date!! Very Good one this year boys and girls, by posting on a subject already in the news and close to many TV members hearts you were able to get a real rise from the first 56 posters.

:o:D :D :D

I cannot believe it took until post 57 before the esteemed members of TV realised the date!! Very Good one this year boys and girls, by posting on a subject already in the news and close to many TV members hearts you were able to get a real rise from the first 56 posters.

:D :D :D :D

Errr... you do realise that a few of the posts before 57 were just going with the flow of the joke. :o

Actually it seems that it was said earlier, but posts have not been published (at least mine was not).....Certainly to keep the ball rolling until now ! :D

:D:D:D:wai:

Errr... you do realise that a few of the posts before 57 were just going with the flow of the joke. :o

Really? I thought they were all serious? dam_n, how stupid of me (and how thoughtful of you to let me know the error of my ways) Thank you so much. Happy first of April. :D

:D:D:D:D

And you do realize that the Taliban, I mean the Mods were deleting posts that were giving the game away :wai: .

:o:D:D:D

this number because they desperately tried to delete posts that revealed the trick ... how lame TV can be is beyond belief ...

:D :D :D:wai:

Actually it seems that it was said earlier, but posts have not been published (at least mine was not).....Certainly to keep the ball rolling until now ! :P

Posts that mentioned April Fools were deleted. I think Londonthai mentioned those dreaded words at post number 3... :o:D

Not sure if I read all this right... does it mean that on Saturday night you can't go out and have a drink with your meal? And does it mean that on the weekend there will be loads of people out on the roads, drinking alcohol they bought at other times? Not quite sure how this is going to work...

The over 40 thing... maybe it would work if people who are actually qualified can keep their jobs, seems a bit over the top...

Has anyone realised that it is April 1st and all this could just be a joke - I cannot believe that anyone could be serious about banning anyone under 40 from giving a massage!!!!

LOL actually one of our esteemed Mods was clearly making posts disappear earlier this morning.

but ONLY those that gave away the game too soon. And working very hard at it too.

I make note of "very tricky" at top of page two,

because while editing, my post disappeared again.

Still it was very funny.

Edited by animatic

The government is also requiring all food shops andresturaunts to only open one day a week in each district, this would ensure that all inter city taxi and bus services are used to capacity. To ensure full employment for the hospitals it is a requirement that all operators of transport vehicles have a a blood alcohol reading above 0.08 at all times.

Harry, I hope this an April Fools Day Joke :o

Another proof that the Democratic Party is under the complete influence of hardline Muslims in the South from which they draw their main support. Banning alcohol or even floating the idea on a National Holiday makes no sense. The ban on people working under 40 in a massage parlour will only encourage people to prostitute themselves in public places, like Lumphini, unprotected and with a very big chance of being harmed.

I suppose that this is the price we have to pay to keep power hungry Suthep where he is now. Never mind the fact that he will meet fierce opposition from the Mammasahn in his government, the minister ofCommerce, who runs one of the biggest Massage Parlours in the business. And I can tell you out of experience that you will not find much employees over 40 there, unless you refer to the agents of the girls.

The bottom line is that both attempts to belittle grown up Thai people are completely ridiculous.

Anyone thought about the fact that today is APRIL FOOLS Day? C'mon....C"MON this has gotta be a joke.

If it's not, it confirms my belief that generally speaking, the Thai's thought processes are a bit "stunted" and often underdeveloped. But that's also why the world loves coming here. It's the opposite of the adult world.

Actually it seems that it was said earlier, but posts have not been published (at least mine was not).....Certainly to keep the ball rolling until now ! :wai:

Interesting you should say that - I posted a reply about it being April 1st, around 8:45am today, and it isn't there either . . . . . . I'm not real happy about that :D