Sterling V Euro V Baht

lannaman

I've just been fortunate to receive a lump sum life assurance end payment. It has been credited to my UK account in pound sterling.

Would it be wise to move this to a Euro account or should I hedge my bets and spread it between pound/ Euro/Baht.

Bangkok Bank have a Euro currency account. Should I move the money here or keep it in a Euro account in the UK. The good lady in our branch says," baht bad! pound bad! Euro vely good!"

With stock markets low, it might be a good time to trickle some into equities.

I'm planning to partially retire from teaching next year and apart from my coming UK state pension I have no other resources.

I'm not a financial expert so I would appreciate the advice of members more in the know in these matters.

I've just been fortunate to receive a lump sum life assurance end payment. It has been credited to my UK account in pound sterling.

Would it be wise to move this to a Euro account or should I hedge my bets and spread it between pound/ Euro/Baht.

Bangkok Bank have a Euro currency account. Should I move the money here or keep it in a Euro account in the UK. The good lady in our branch says," baht bad! pound bad! Euro vely good!"

I'm planning to partially retire from teaching next year and apart from my coming UK state pension I have no other resources.

I'm not a financial expert so I would appreciate the advice of members more in the know in these matters.

I would really appreciate it if anyone can advise me on this.

You need professional advice on your investments.

No you don't.

You are a super small multinational company now who needs to plan for yourself how whatever assets you hold, in whatever currency will see you through the remainder of your llife.

Would it make you feel better if it got lost by a "professional advisor"? Didn't think so.

• 5 months later...

If anyone can give you a profitmaking advice on this he will be a rich man.

Don't put yourself under pressure to invest money as long as there is not a clear chance of profit.

Leave it there first, whatch the market and take a chance when it is obvious.

The GBP is low, the interest rates are low and the gold price is too high IMHO.

I personally would keep it in sterling for the time being, unless you really know what you are doing with forex...stay out....if ya dont know the rules dont play...if you really insist on doing anything take half in Euro and keep balance in Sterling.

Again with stocks..if ya dont know the rules of the game dont play...

For me i would leave it in sterling and see how the pound goes for at least one year.

You can get 3-1/2% with Anglo Irish I.O.M

The Irish Goverment have Nationalised the Bank and Guarantee all deposits for at least another year,

I dont think there is any danger that they will not Guarantee beyond the year plus the I.O.M goverment

have Guaranteed all deposits up to 50,000pound or 100,000 pound for a joint account