Im sure all jobseekers within Thailand are aware of JobsDB as probably the most informative job site to search for that exclusive role in Thailand, but just to let you know there is a new player on the market "jobstreet". They are offering free adverts for all employers at the moment so there might be a few more jobs on that site than on others.

I cant rate the site yet as Ive only started advertising today, and I hold no affiliation with them, just trying to help anybody that is looking for work

Lest not forget, its hard finding a job in Sunny Thailand, as I believe you need to be here and you need to network, but you never know

If there is a more relavent thread where my response belongs I have not seen it, however looking at the new ThaiVisa job advert tie-in website link I wonder what is the point of looking at any advert there when it is 100% clear that many jobs will only be open to Thai nationals.

For example exactly what is the point of running the following advert in English on an English based web site like TV?

Job Title: Waiter/Waitress

Description

Male/Female

Good personality and service minded

Having some experience would be advantage

Ability to work under pressure

Enthusiastic service-oriented attitude with good interpersonal skills.

Outgoing and cheerful personality with self-confidence.

Posses strong negotiation and problem solving skills.

Good English communication skills would be advantage *

Details

Job Ref: Waiter/Waitress

Application Deadline: 30/04/2009

* - Why mention this when the advert is written in English ?

Clearly I have no intesest in such a role (such will surely be for a Thai national only)- but why include it in such a list if the jobs advertised are targeted towards non-Thai nationals?

In the other jobs that I did look at there was no mention of Work Permits etc. Something that makes me wonder if this is just another series of job adverts that are only for Thais?

Unless the jobstreet people have done a very good job of hiding the "english" button (as so many thai web sites do) then this site appears to be only for those who can read thai ... or was i having a brain-dead moment when I visited this site?

If there is a more relavent thread where my response belongs I have not seen it, however looking at the new ThaiVisa job advert tie-in website link I wonder what is the point of looking at any advert there when it is 100% clear that many jobs will only be open to Thai nationals.

For example exactly what is the point of running the following advert in English on an English based web site like TV?

Job Title: Waiter/Waitress

Description

Male/Female

Good personality and service minded

Having some experience would be advantage

Ability to work under pressure

Enthusiastic service-oriented attitude with good interpersonal skills.

Outgoing and cheerful personality with self-confidence.

Posses strong negotiation and problem solving skills.

Good English communication skills would be advantage *

Details

Job Ref: Waiter/Waitress

Application Deadline: 30/04/2009

* - Why mention this when the advert is written in English ?

Clearly I have no intesest in such a role (such will surely be for a Thai national only)- but why include it in such a list if the jobs advertised are targeted towards non-Thai nationals?

In the other jobs that I did look at there was no mention of Work Permits etc. Something that makes me wonder if this is just another series of job adverts that are only for Thais?

Click on the jobseekers button on the top left, that will change auto into english! It would be better having a flag symbol or simply the word "english" to choose!