So Which Visa?

Gday,

Okay just a little quick background info.

Nationally: Australian / Czech (dual citizen, born in aus)

I’m looking at going to Thailand (Bangkok) for my 3rd visit in the next few months.

I Planing on staying for a minium 3months (more likely 6-9months) and renting an apartment during this time.

I’m going to see friends, and to look into wether I can start up some kind of business (no idea what yet).

I am a listed director of my dad’s small company.

I am trying to decide which visit I should apply for.

Obviously a Non-Immigrant Visa, but for which category.

O or B

Can I use looking into a business venture as a reason for category B?

Hopefully I’ve given you all the information you’d need to advise me.

This really is a great site, I was totally lost till i found this.

Thanks.

smacko

If you get the job, you can apply for a work permit under the O

(provided, of course, that the employer fulfills all the other requirements)

With the WP the O can be used to get a permission to stay...

Brisbane has a reputation as being more helpful.

The visa date starts from when the visa is issued,

the entry stamp (90 days) starts when you arrive.

As you will be applying for a multi-entry, best to do it just before you depart Oz.

Your last entry can be on the day the visa expires, giving you 15 months time in LOS

from a 1 year visa!!

i'm going to sound really dumb here but, please explain this

'giving you 15 months time in LOS from a 1 year visa!!'

what is LOS? (seen it everywhere, dunno what it is).

also with the Non-Immigrant Visa -O (multiple entry) hows the path work, your talking about 15months, how does that work?

That's plain mathematics.

The visa is valid for one year, let's say it expires on 20/Febr/2006.

Every time you arrive you get a permission to stay for 90 days.

Just before the visa expires on 20/2/06 you leave and arrive a last time

and get again 90 days.

So totally 1 year (although you have to leave every 90 days) plus a last 90 days

from I would say Febr. 19 gives nearly 15 months stay.

Wasn't part of the FTA agreement with Oz to add Thais to the working traveller visa for Oz (in return for Australians getting the reciprocal right in Thailand).

i.e. NOT a permanent work visa, but one that lets you stay for an extended period (i.e. longer than 3 months), and work while you're here. - Like the ones Australians get that let them work in the UK while travelling (or Brits travelling through Oz)...

You'd be the right age and nationality. Just not sure when that type of visa will become available in reality. (despite the FTA being almost a year old now.)

Wasn't part of the FTA agreement with Oz to add Thais to the working traveller visa for Oz (in return for Australians getting the reciprocal right in Thailand).

i.e. NOT a permanent work visa, but one that lets you stay for an extended period (i.e. longer than 3 months), and work while you're here. - Like the ones Australians get that let them work in the UK while travelling (or Brits travelling through Oz)...

You'd be the right age and nationality. Just not sure when that type of visa will become available in reality. (despite the FTA being almost a year old now.)

They are still sorting out the work permit issue. The applicants will need a university degree to be eligible.

They are still sorting out the work permit issue. The applicants will need a university degree to be eligible.

Great idea, in principle.

I fear it will be a case of Thai's and Australian's being treated equally,

but some will be more equal than others.............

Apologies to George Orwell, who died recently.