Two Killed In Drunken Youth Brawl

george

Two killed in drunken youth brawl

SUKHOTHAI: -- Two young men were killed and two seriously injured in the early hours of this morning after a drunken brawl in Thailand's northern province of Sukhothai got out of hand.

Police said that the two dead men and the two injured, who have not been named, were drinking with eight other friends outside a house in Thung Saliem district last night when two youths sped by on motorcycles, shouting curses at the drinkers.

Incensed, the young men had thrown plates at the motorbike riders, who had ridden back to the scene and thrown an explosive device into the crowd.

The two injured men are now being treated at a local hospital.

--TNA 2005-01-22

another example of religious fanatics imposing their hypocritical beliefs on others.  these people are so self righteous it's unbelievable.  drinking is a sin to them.  but killing others who do it is acceptable.

What you on about? Just some drunk idiots wipping out more drunk idiots, less idiots for you or I to worry about.

another example of religious fanatics imposing their hypocritical beliefs on others.  these people are so self righteous it's unbelievable.  drinking is a sin to them.  but killing others who do it is acceptable.

What does religion have to do with anything here?

nothing, I think nick2k has his provinces mixed up, although it could well apply if it occurred in a more southerly direction.

So in that case his comment is worthwhile.

Looks like its not just the UK that suffers from drunken brawls.

I have seen a good few in Thailand in my time as well, and one in Klaeng (in Rayong Province) last year that would put England to shame.

Watched the whole lot unfold from my mate's balcony. A good old 5 a side college rivalry dust up, which swelled to 20 a side in minutes, fuelled by drink and probably drugs. Good thing they left their guns at home........

Edited by ProfessorFart

It happen more often now, unlike few years ago... :o

in bkk at late evening - night time I saw "drunken masters" with bottles and rods at the area of Pratunam, Huay Kwang, Satu Pradit, Lard Prao.

Also, there're some gangs here too.

for more information - ask thai ladies about night taxies and streets.

for more information - ask thai ladies about night taxies and streets.

Too right.

If possible, they'll never travel in a taxi alone after 2:00 am. :D

It happens in the villages too... drunks getting out of control, but I don't think the violence level is anywhere near that of the major cities. :o

It happens in the villages too... drunks getting out of control, but I don't think the violence level is anywhere near that of the major cities.  :o

In the bangkok, almost on the daily basis - every night near cheap karaoke-style pubs - starting from 11PM.

I haven't seen such high demand for pepper spray and shockers between my friends (ladies) :" Oh, could you buy one for me next time you go to China Town, please ?"

Lots of stories, man ...

who said anything about religion? If someone throws plates at me they will get a smack too, OK a grenade is a bit of an over reaction but so is your immidiate anti muslim attack, read the facts man and keep the bigotry to a minimum