Paetongtarn Shinawatra Cries: I Want Dad To Be Home

sheff_mick

The silence over this by those on all sides is deafening. It seems when poor nobodies are denied a right to trial and innocence until proven guilty few to nobody caresand yet when a powerful person faces far lesser sleights allkinds of action can be taken to disappear it.

Here here.

The silence isn't limited to just the two sides either. The issue comes up almost daily on this forum, but how often do you hear Thai people talking on the street about this? Never. I blame this on the news media. Many of us on this forum have access to news from many different outlets. For many Thais however, particularly rural folk, they just rely on TV and newspapers.

And how much has TV and the newspaper done to raise awareness of what went on? Sod all from what i saw. They were either paid to paint things in a postive light, or they too don't give a toss about these people. My guess is a combination of the two.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The silence over this by those on all sides is deafening. It seems when poor nobodies are denied a right to trial and innocence until proven guilty few to nobody caresand yet when a powerful person faces far lesser sleights allkinds of action can be taken to disappear it.

Here here.

The silence isn't limited to just the two sides either. The issue comes up almost daily on this forum, but how often do you hear Thai people talking on the street about this? Never. I blame this on the news media. Many of us on this forum have access to news from many different outlets. For many Thais however, particularly rural folk, they just rely on TV and newspapers.

And how much has TV and the newspaper done to raise awareness of what went on? Sod all from what i saw. They were either paid to paint things in a postive light, or they too don't give a toss about these people. My guess is a combination of the two.

Rixalex, you've hit the nail on the head, people here only, by and large concern themselves with what actually has a direct bearing on their lives, I don't think they are unduly concerned about some person in another province being bumped off etc as like a lot of posters here, everything in the media must be facts so there therefor deserve what they get. AK simon burrowes?? at the airport.

Thaksin's daughter cries: I want dad to be home

Paetongtarn Shinawatra, a daughter of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, wept during an event to launch her book, saying she wants her dad to return to Thailand and stay home with her.

Paetongtarn, Pintongta and Pantongtae Shinawatra, the three children of Thaksin, took part in a public event at the book fair at the Queen Sirikit's Convention Centre to launch their book, titled "Others call him PM, but we call him dad".

When asked to say her feeling towards Thaksin, Paetongtarn said with tears in her eyes that she would like Thaksin to return to Thailand to be home with three siblings.

"I would like to hug him and tell him that there is no place like home in Thailand," Paetongtarn said.

Pintongta said if she could wind back time, she wish her dad would not have entered politics.

The Nation

The only place he should go if he returns to Thailand is the B.Hilton to serve out his sentence and go before the courts to answer the other 12 or so alleged charges awaiting his homecoming.

Talk about sickening extracting of the urine / justice system, but then again their kind do not think the law applies to them and they are above it.

Thank you

Lots of other people would like to see him back - behind bars!

Politics in this country should be treated like a dirty shirt, changed frequently when one realises it is soiled.

I have yet to see successive governments do much for their own people let alone farangs who contribute vast amounts of money into the economy, and now I'm talking about the residentials not the tourists along with a certain amount of employment.

Paetongtarn Shinawatra, a daughter of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, wept during an event to launch her book, saying

Pingpongtarn (on the left) looks absolutely devastated during an event to launch her book....

bk1800.jpg

And they took cute pictures too.

:D

21656.jpg

Bangkok Post

Which one's the son? Seems like there's some gender confusion going on here. :o

Paetongtarn Shinawatra, a daughter of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, wept during an event to launch her book, saying she wants her dad to return to Thailand and stay home with her.

Paetongtarn, Pintongta and Pantongtae Shinawatra, the three children of Thaksin, took part in a public event at the book fair at the Queen Sirikit's Convention Centre to launch their book, titled "Others call him PM, but we call him dad".

When asked to say her feeling towards Thaksin, Paetongtarn said with tears in her eyes that she would like Thaksin to return to Thailand to be home with three siblings.

"I would like to hug him and tell him that there is no place like home in Thailand," Paetongtarn said.

Pintongta said if she could wind back time, she wish her dad would not have entered politics.

The Nation

The only place he should go if he returns to Thailand is the B.Hilton to serve out his sentence and go before the courts to answer the other 12 or so alleged charges awaiting his homecoming.

Talk about sickening extracting of the urine / justice system, but then again their kind do not think the law applies to them and they are above it.

Thank you

Thank you for the edit, MiG16, I.ll remember to make sure I insert an end of quote in the future.

Edited by sheff_mick

"We are not in politics, but we have always suffered from politics," he said.

All three are billionaires individually... that's a lot of "suffering"... :o

a very one dimensional comment.

you are so busy and determined to force your frame onto things, you miss the point - consistently.

there is different types of suffering, financial/economic, emotional, physical, mental ... and so on.

the reference is obviously to mental and emotional strain, NOT financial strain.

Fully agree here, however it is difficult to be compassionate with the amount of self-inflicted emotional pain.

As for the family reunion, best is lock 'em all up in the same joint - the longer the better

Imageaspx532.jpg

Thaksin Books Popular Among Red-Shirt Supporters at Book Fair

The National Book Fair is full of new books concerning the ousted Prime Minister Thaksin, including a book by his three children.

The Sirikit National Convention Center was crowded with red shirts cheering on former Prime Minister Thaksin's only son, Panthongthae and two daughters, Paethongthan and Pintongta, in the launch of their pocket book, 'Others Call Him Prime Minister, But We Call Him Father'. The book conveys the experience and feelings of the family about a politician under pressure.

Thaksin's three children clarified that the release of their book at this time is not intended to benefit Thaksin's current phone-ins, to promote their book, nor encouraging the red shirt demonstration.

Another book launched at the fair was, “Thaksin, Are You OK?” which is the follow up to “Thaksin, Where Are You?” written by Lieutenant Sunisa Lertpakawat.

The book reveals the content of Thaksin’s interviews as he discusses issues like what its like to be a successful businessman and his private life after his visa was withdrawn.

There is also a Thaksin book written by military reporter, Wassana Nanuam, and it is not out rightly in support of Thaksin, but its content includes the background and plan to eliminate Thaksin.

The book fair was crowded with Thaksin supporters including the singer Lydia and her family as well as celebrities such as Daruni Kittiboonmalai . Because of the political overtones, the security was tightened at the book fair this time.

- TOC / 2009-04-06

don't we all try to make provision for our families?, crooked or otherwise.

Erm... no.

Rixalex, I think you misunderstood my meaning, which was law abiding people make provisions for the family and I suspect the crooks do the same.

I did. OK, i understand. Thanks for clearing that up.

Another point you made in your post was that Thaksin has only been charged with a two-year sentence. You seemed to be implying that that indicated he hadn't done that much wrong. The case in which he was charged is the only one he wasn't able to stall. There are many others as i'm sure you know, which are awaiting his return. The two year sentence is merely the tip of the iceberg.

Well, has he?

Isn't it ALL a great conspiracy against him form people who envy him for his incredible success -

because he has been doing so much good for the poor -

eliminated poverty completely and everyone owns a private mobile phone now - courtesy of AIS!?

- happy family, one hand clap! -

- it's all a great envy based conspiracy against this purely honest, law abiding,

prime citizen and outstanding family man, who always only wanted all the best for his beloved country,

and it's citizens!

- he who never made an "honest mistake" involving billions of shares, throws the first stone!

Edited by Samuian

Well, has he?

Isn't it ALL a great conspiracy against him form people who envy him for his incredible success -

eliminated poverty completely and everyone owns a private mobile phone now - courtesy of AIS!?

- it's all a great envy based conspiracy against this purely honest, law abiding,

prime citizen and outstanding family man, who always only wanted all the best for his beloved country,

and it's citizens!

- he who never made an "honest mistake" involving billions of shares, throws the first stone!

If you are trying to be sarcastic or ironic, you need to some help making it come across better.

If you are serious, then you need some help period... :o

Edited by jbowman1993

All 3 of Thaksin's children already fled the country to London. Potjaman also left the country, possibly to Dubai. Yes they love thier father and he loves them so much he won't let them stay there. Let the redshirts risk thier lives for him. Pathetic!

All 3 of Thaksin's children already fled the country to London. Potjaman also left the country, possibly to Dubai. Yes they love thier father and he loves them so much he won't let them stay there. Let the redshirts risk thier lives for him. Pathetic!

Fled or went of there own accord, are there arrest warrants out for them, so far the daughter has to pay income tax on the sale of shares according to one government dept, which implies that as far as that transaction is concerned it was legal, but I only read the papers so that may not be factual.

Rixalex, I think you misunderstood my meaning, which was law abiding people make provisions for the family and I suspect the crooks do the same.

I did. OK, i understand. Thanks for clearing that up.

Another point you made in your post was that Thaksin has only been charged with a two-year sentence. You seemed to be implying that that indicated he hadn't done that much wrong. The case in which he was charged is the only one he wasn't able to stall. There are many others as i'm sure you know, which are awaiting his return. The two year sentence is merely the tip of the iceberg.

Well, has he?

and it's citizens!

LOL the irony drips like clotted cream from a masticating wildebeast's udder...

Edited by animatic

I suppose that many of the children whose fathers were "suspected drug dealers" and among the many killed in Thaksins drug war feel the same.

However their parents cannot come back.

They are the ones I feel sorry for and the children of the "disappeared" parents also.

Sad but very very true. I too feel for those deprived of their lives and rights to a life and parents under the evil reigne of this power hungry excuse for humanity - sorry for beating around the bush. The Pres of Peru has just received his judgment for the slaughter of 25 Peruvians. How many years should Thug-sin be looking at for the 3-5000 he order to be killed?

Do you think Paetongtarn will hand over her ill-gotten gains to the families who don't have to luxury to flee to see their Fathers in person. A luxury she has just taken? I'm not going to be holding my breath for any significant restitution from her.

Well, has he?

and it's citizens!

If you are trying to be sarcastic or ironic, you need to some help making it come across better.

If you are serious, then you need some help period... :o

Guess....what?

Don't need no help either way, but thanxz for they offer!

I genuinely feel so SORRRRRY for the tears she had to shed, what a waste of water, for the countries sake!