Possible To Change Existing Single Entry Into A Multiple?

Sorry, do you mean you work here, come here for 3 months on a single entry or what ?

If you are on an extension then you can get a re-entry permit (single or multiple) to allow you to leave and come back again without cancelling your visa.

Yes, I live and work here. I usually buy a single re-entry permit when I leave, but I'm finding that it doesn't pay for the hassle and the money. So what you are saying is that I simply buy a multiple re-entry permit. Thanks!

Yes, I think it is Bt3600 or thereabouts for one year. It could also just be up until the date of your visa so don't get caught out on that one. If it is linked to the visa extension, then get one when you get the new extension for best value for money.

No you can not change to a visa inside Thailand. As you do not say what your status is can not be sure if you can obtain a multi entry non immigrant visa in the area or not. The cost for a multi re-entry permit is 3,800 baht and that would cover a year. I expect making border runs every 90 days using a multi entry visa would be false economy unless you happen to work outside Thailand and travel frequently.