Visa On Entry Expired Help Please

Hi I am a female 18, from UK and have been travelling in Thailand for past month. My cousin has just arrived from UK and persuaded me to join him for another month.

So I have changed my flight to end of month. Only trouble is I have a 30 day entry permit which expired today (all offices closed due to Chakri)

I am going tomorrow to immigration officein Bangkok. Will I be able to extend this to 29th April or do I have to go to border. I keep getting conflicting information from everyone

and am now very scared in case they do not renew.

Edited by krysiatennis

Before you go to the office, I would see a few replies here. I would hate to see you deported unpacked for a overstay when you could have had some clever option.

Or get legal advise, couple of links who speak English up top of this page.

PS, I don't know the answer to your question, but I wouldn't be surprised if paying a fine and crossing a border and back would do it. I hope one of the Guru's here can help you. Try to avoid useing your ticket back home, I would be worried that they might detain in the immigration office and deport you on your return ticket. If you have the coin, overstaying in Thailand is not the end of the world.

Remember, land crossing back is 15days, maybe you just need to plane your next trip with another border crossing, or a quick trip to Laos for a couple of days to get a free 60 day visa, it's a great trip up there anyway, maybe better to deal with it at that border?,, or a 2000bht trip to KL each way. (often the cheapest option when factor in Visas).

If you are back packing around the world, and you get a big red overstay stamp, put your passport through the wash and get a new one in the UK Embassey, places like OZ, USA, NZ will treat you very dimmly when you try to enter as a proven high risk illigal, with over stay stamps.

Good luck

Edited by goofie

You seem to have a visa exempt entry. Those can only be extended by 7 day on showing of a air ticket out of the country within those 7 days.

Best is if you leave the country. If you re-enter at a landborder you will only get 15 days, at the airport you will get 30 days. You can also go to vientianne and apply for a tourist visa, that will give you 60 days of stay but cost you at least 2 days. Depending on your finances it might be best to just by a very cheap return ticket out of the country and come right back.

Since you are on overstay, be prepared to pay 500 baht for every day you are on overstay.

You should immediately leave by air and return. You will have to pay overstay if more than one day. Being on overstay you run a small risk of being arrested and detained. If you leave by land you might have a passport check before the border and be found out. Also just crossing will only get you a 15 day visa exempt entry on return. As said you can not extend your stay long enough for your plans.

You can buy a return (two single trips) on Air Asia today for 7000bht BKK-KL-BKK.

IF you go today you should be waived the 500b fine I believe, but have to pay it on the land crossing. (This is for 1 day only by air).

You will get a red overstay stamp, but worry about that later.

Visa runs are common in this place, nothing wrong doing them. Make sure you have your other ticket as well, they may want to see it, Air Asia I mean, and make sure you have the print outs on you.

Good luck. :o

You can buy a return (two single trips) on Air Asia today for 7000bht BKK-KL-BKK.

This is a good option.

Make sure you have enough time between the flights to check in for the return.

Air Asia has a very quick turn round time........

Get on the internet and book the cheapest flight out today then return and get a new 30 day visa on arrival,

As you have a flight booked to leave Thailand in a month you will have no problem returning to Thailand

colino

Ps you get 1 days grace for overstays at the airport

Edited by colino

Hi Thanks all for replies

I managed to get a 7 day extension at the immigration office in Bangkok.

Now need to go to a border and get a further 15 days. Which border is best given current situation

I am currently in Koh Pha Ngan

Hi I am a female 18, from UK and have been travelling in Thailand for past month. My cousin has just arrived from UK and persuaded me to join him for another month.

So I have changed my flight to end of month. Only trouble is I have a 30 day entry permit which expired today (all offices closed due to Chakri)

I am going tomorrow to immigration officein Bangkok. Will I be able to extend this to 29th April or do I have to go to border. I keep getting conflicting information from everyone

and am now very scared in case they do not renew.