Buying Software Online In Thailand?

Dubwiser

Well, here's my suggestion. Visit an IT mall in Bangkok. I suggest FORTUNE Town as it is more relaxed to shop there and very convenient to reach by subway.

You will find a few stores who will sell you the legit software you are looking for.

BTW you don't need a Thai shop to buy legit software except you are in need for

Thai developed software. Thats my guess-

Dinosaur in Fortune, or any branch of IT City or Data IT will have basic Microsoft software available. You might struggle a bit to find Adobe stuff. What are you looking for?

In case of Adobe it is available in Fortune but forget the name of the store. Guess it was 3rd/Fl near the open space at the end of the hallway.

Dinosaur in Fortune, or any branch of IT City or Data IT will have basic Microsoft software available. You might struggle a bit to find Adobe stuff. What are you looking for?

I was looking for a cheap online shop to buy a legit windows license for when Windows 7 comes out, and other music production software like Cubase, Ableton and Reason.

I doubt i'd find those in a mall.

I was looking for a cheap online shop to buy a legit windows license for when Windows 7 comes out, and other music production software like Cubase, Ableton and Reason.

I doubt i'd find those in a mall.

Please go to this link Thailand Software

It addresses XP but you might find something regarding Windows 7 after it has been released.

I recommend you buy M$ software as physical product.

Edited by webfact

Why so?

You should decide for yourself what to buy or not to buy.

I made a suggestion, now its your turn.

I believe he was looking for the reasoning behind your recommendation. Your recommendation infers that you had a bad experience purchasing a license or some non "physical" product (or heard of others having such an experience perhaps?).

What does physical product mean by the way? A license without media?

I'm only posting here as I'm actually interested in your reason for the recommendation as well.

For the OP, this is Microsoft's list of Trusted Partners in Bangkok for retail software sales.

http://www.microsoft.com/thailand/partnerf...em_bangkok.aspx

Edited by surface

Why so?

You should decide for yourself what to buy or not to buy.

I made a suggestion, now its your turn.

I believe he was looking for the reasoning behind your recommendation. Your recommendation infers that you had a bad experience purchasing a license or some non "physical" product (or heard of others having such an experience perhaps?).

What does physical product mean by the way? A license without media?

I'm only posting here as I'm actually interested in your reason for the recommendation as well.

For the OP, this is Microsoft's list of Trusted Partners in Bangkok for retail software sales.

http://www.microsoft.com/thailand/partnerf...em_bangkok.aspx

Yes, bad experiences with licensed online software! In case of M$ we have to have the licensed software on CD or DVD when it comes to re-install the product.

Same applies to Adobe or MAC OS!

Yes, bad experiences with licensed online software! In case of M$ we have to have the licensed software on CD or DVD when it comes to re-install the product.

Losing the original installation media doesn't count. :o

Losing the original installation media doesn't count. :D

:o , but my company (myself included) has a different opinion on that...

Edited by webfact

Guest Reimar

Right and wrong as well!

In case the "original" Software Media was an OEM or better bundled Software to an product, brand name pp., you'll need to have the Media in most cases and it's not allowed to use a different media for installation.

Let say you have an Acer with MS-Software preinstalled and loose the original Media or Recovery Partition, even Acer don't need to supply you with an new media and MS will never do that because MS didn't service the bundled OEM in any way, except updates.

If your Media which you had loosed were an real Original from the Developer like MS, Adobe pp, you can use any real original Media for reinstallation you just need to have the proof of the purchase and the original License key.

Cheers.

Right and wrong as well!

In case the "original" Software Media was an OEM or better bundled Software to an product, brand name pp., you'll need to have the Media in most cases and it's not allowed to use a different media for installation.

Let say you have an Acer with MS-Software preinstalled and loose the original Media or Recovery Partition, even Acer don't need to supply you with an new media and MS will never do that because MS didn't service the bundled OEM in any way, except updates.

If your Media which you had loosed were an real Original from the Developer like MS, Adobe pp, you can use any real original Media for reinstallation you just need to have the proof of the purchase and the original License key.

Cheers.

Granted, but in this case we're talking about "licensed online software" (which Microsoft and Adobe sell separate media for), so losing it involves ordering replacement media which is the same inconvenience one would have if the software were retail or licensed. In fact, I'd say it's probably easier to get your hands on replacement MS and Adobe media for their license programs since they sell the media as separate SKU from the license. For replacement retail media you'd likely need to produce some proof that you purchased a retail (physical) copy.