Ed Visa 90 Day Reporting In Bkk

I am on a Ed visa, single entry, I believe I have to report to immigration every 90 days and pay 1900bht. Is this correct?

Do I need any letter form the School I study at if this is the case?

To get an 1000bht permission top leave Thailand for a trip, do I need any paper work for that?

I live in Bangkok, can I get this at the peace bridge border crossing to go to Laos?

Thanks

I entered Thailand on an Ed visa on 13 Mar 2009, ( last month ).

I live and study in Bangkok. I am going out of country for a week.

So I go to immigration in Bangkok, and pay 1000bht and get a re-entry permit. Easy enough. Being only a month since I first entered and going out for only a week, do I still need a letter from the school?

I was told but unreliable sources that each time I re-enter Thailand that it sets the clock back to zero for the 3 months, so effectively if I went out of the country for other reasons every 2 months I wouldn’t need to go to BKK immigration to do an extension there, I just could do it at the border. Is this true?

Typically, how long does it take to get the re-entry permit from the immigration office in Bangkok? When I did an extension in Chaing Mai on a tourist visa I was in and out in 20 mins.

Have you extended your ED visa? Is your ED visa a one year multi entry or a single entry?

It appears you only have a 90 day visa entry so you must obtain a re-entry permit to keep that alive - it does not add any time - you will be stamped back in until the same date you currently are allowed to stay until. You do not need any paperwork for a re-entry permit - just your passport/photos/money.

Believe your friends are talking about 90 day address reports - but until/unless you are on extension of stay and her more than 90 days it does not apply to you.