Switching From True To A Good Provider

Joey Boy

Hi,

I currently have a True 2.5mbit connection with True, which @ best can be described as a load of <deleted>.

I decided to get a KSC One card to check how good their service was, I entered all the settings correctly and it would not connect, after over 3 hours on the phone to KSC checkin and double checking settings KSC decided to phone True, and true said I would have to cancel their service before the KSC One card would work.

Is this normal?

Hi,

I currently have a True 2.5mbit connection with True, which @ best can be described as a load of <deleted>.

I decided to get a KSC One card to check how good their service was, I entered all the settings correctly and it would not connect, after over 3 hours on the phone to KSC checkin and double checking settings KSC decided to phone True, and true said I would have to cancel their service before the KSC One card would work.

Is this normal?

Yes. With a regular modem, you tell it to dial an ISP and then their modem and yours "talk" to each other. Their modem sends data into their network and out to the Internet.

With ADSL, your modem is connected directly by wire to another modem in the nearest telco central office. There is no circuit switching or dialing option as with regular phones or ISDN. In order to switch ISPs, the wire from your house has to be connected to an ADSL modem port in the central office that is configured to send the data on to a particular ISP.

What they mean is that in order to change the office configuration to hook your line to KSC's network, they'd have to disable the current configuration that connects it to True. It is not surprising that they will not do this temporarily for you without cancelling your account. After all, even if it wasn't against their business interest, there is probably no form to fill out or standard procedure to follow. :o