One Million Baht Prize Money To Get Thaksin

george

1 Million baht surely would not even cover the costs of such an operation. Plane tickets, transportation, intel. just in order locate him, and that's assuming you show up at his door and he's already packed and ready to go.

Not to mention those costs would all need to come out of the pocket of the bounty hunter (in the hope of being paid on successful completion)... they may as well have offered 10baht.

My best guess is that the prize of 1 million baht does not include expenses. :o

Edited by Condo_bk

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually the weird thing is most of the Democrat supporters I talked to about this offer think it's the most stupid idea EVER! The last thing they want is Thaksin back in the country, especially now.

Now one funny thing will be Thaksin coming back and the reds asking for the reward ....

maybe the 1 million baht offer it means just stay away from thailand, on another post I read of taksin's family members flying out of the country all suddenly. I don't think they need that million baht.

One might think that by offering 1 million baht or indeed any inducement to bring Thaksin back by a group of people not authorised by any public body that the government may view this action as something along the lines of, attempting to cause a public disorder.

Or on the other hand it could also be a ruse by Thaksin to show the government up as buffoons.

The Shinawatra mob are so greedy for money that they have left Thailand to search for him in his favourite hiding holes in the hope of getting their hands on the 1 million baht for dragging him back to Bangkok. Which one do you think will win???

...............edited...

but by a group of people at the highest levels of its government, military and business community acting on their own behalf, without the authority or the jurisdiction to do so.

If this strategy succeeds, it will have been wrong in every way and will only succeed in showing up the government for what it really is: a puppet for a long-established cabal of Thailand's elite.

jc

How come YOU Do know that?

Isn't it just bland, Assumption?

Assumption is the Mother of all Errors!

I really wish people would look up the actual topic before they comment on it.

Taken from Xinhua news agency, repeated on major news networks around the world: http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-04/...nt_11139686.htm

One-million-baht bounty offered for Thaksin's arrest

www.chinaview.cn space.gif2009-04-06 20:44:41 xiao.jpgspace.gifda.jpgspace.gifPrint

BANGKOK, April 6 (Xinhua) -- A group of 20 former army officers, senators and businessmen of Thailand on Monday offered a one-million-baht (some 28,600 U.S. dollars) bounty for the arrest of exiled former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who faced arrest warrant on corruption charges in Thailand.

General Somjate Boonthanom, former head of the Secretary-General 's Office of the Council for National Security (CNS), urged the Thai people to join hands in solving the country's political unrest and charged that Thaksin is the root cause of the problem, according to a report by Thai News Agency.

The CNS, which grouped top military figures, staged a bloodless coup on Sept. 19, 2006 to topple then government of Thaksin. It was the country's ruling junta body for a year before it went defunct in late 2007.

Somjate said the bounty is offered by the group of business leaders to anyone who could bring Thaksin to Thailand to face his two-year prison sentence on corruption charges. He said current political turmoil could end if Thaksin is brought back and faces prosecution.

The group also issued a statement charging that Thaksin and his "red-shirt" supporters from the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) had "slandered the royal institution both openly and secretly" since he was forced from power.

Meanwhile on Monday, a lawyer acting on behalf of Thaksin filed a complaint at a Bangkok police station asking the police to prosecute Privy Councilor General Pichitr Kullavanijaya for libel in an interview with the media last Friday, during which the Pichitr accused Thaksin of disrespecting the royal institution and of having deposited a large sum of money on the Caymans.

Edited by johncitizen

Notice the STRONG PROPAGANDA element here? The protagonists have changed the focus in this article, from anti-GOVERNMENT - non elected government that is, to anti-MONARCHY! This is rather a leap of faith, don't you think? And clandestinely inciting civil war too! That's amazing stuff. There's clearly some very important & powerful people at work here, that may just be starting to get a little worried?

What are you talking about "non-elected" government? As far as I know, this government is made up of a majority of the elected members of parliament. The government coalition has more MPs than the opposition. Therefore, they form the government. That's how a parliamentary system works. In what sense is this government unelected?

You think Thaksin calling for the people to "rise up" might not just be close to inciting a civil war? As for the anti-monarchy accusations, I think the red-shirt rabble may simply be a bit confused.

Of course your right in your statement that the present government was put in place by a coalition of other parties, the problem a lot of expats have is the way it was done, MPs changing sides, Generals pushing said MPs to go along with nominating Mark as PM, my own belief is that certain Generals have more say in running the country than some people realise.

Their coup in 2006 was hardly successful in running the country, simply as they didn't know how and they also knew that the country due to their inapt ways was about to go down the toilet, so they step back and allow the state of affairs that we now have, MPs changing parties is nothing new in politics it's the reasons behind it that matter and I would bet that there is more discussion on this site than in the rest of the Kingdom,

If you look at how Thaksin and the TRT formed their majority government back when he originally came to power, he did it by forming a coalition of the TRT and a number of minority parties (New Aspiration, Chart Thai etcetera) many of which were eventually absorbed by the TRT. For Thaksin's followers to now complain about the Democrats forming a coalition with minority parties and disillusioned former TRT/PPP factions in order to form a government is simply hypocrisy.

As for Generals putting pressure on MPs to switch sides, where do you get that from? What kind of pressure? You don't think Thaksin put pressure on MPs to join his TRT coalition back when he ruled the roost? People seem to forget what was going on when he was in charge, the intimidation of journalists, judges, opposition parties, and anyone else who stood in his way. Again, for Thaksin's followers to claim they are fighting for a return to "democracy" is hypocrisy, ignorance or possible acute amnesia.

? ............ As head of the privy council, he represents the King. Perhaps the red-shirts (and Thaksin) need to be reminded of this?

Agreed, Thaksins exposure of Prem as being implicated in the 2006 coup was a veiled comment regarding his (Prem's) boss, Thaksin hasn't the ba!!s to come out and state what's really playing on his little egotistical mind.

Maybe the attacks directed at Prem are actually directed at ... Prem!

You have absolutely no idea what's going on and honestly all I have myself is conjectures but to believe it's the fight of a disturbed, greedy, lonely man against the establishment is ... naive! How would Thaksin been able to move such a crowd, to force the government to beg for negotiation without support at the highest level?

Edited by Pierrot

Notice the STRONG PROPAGANDA element here? The protagonists have changed the focus in this article, from anti-GOVERNMENT - non elected government that is, to anti-MONARCHY! This is rather a leap of faith, don't you think? And clandestinely inciting civil war too! That's amazing stuff. There's clearly some very important & powerful people at work here, that may just be starting to get a little worried?

What are you talking about "non-elected" government? As far as I know, this government is made up of a majority of the elected members of parliament. The government coalition has more MPs than the opposition. Therefore, they form the government. That's how a parliamentary system works. In what sense is this government unelected?

You think Thaksin calling for the people to "rise up" might not just be close to inciting a civil war? As for the anti-monarchy accusations, I think the red-shirt rabble may simply be a bit confused.

Of course your right in your statement that the present government was put in place by a coalition of other parties, the problem a lot of expats have is the way it was done, MPs changing sides, Generals pushing said MPs to go along with nominating Mark as PM, my own belief is that certain Generals have more say in running the country than some people realise.

Their coup in 2006 was hardly successful in running the country, simply as they didn't know how and they also knew that the country due to their inapt ways was about to go down the toilet, so they step back and allow the state of affairs that we now have, MPs changing parties is nothing new in politics it's the reasons behind it that matter and I would bet that there is more discussion on this site than in the rest of the Kingdom,

If you look at how Thaksin and the TRT formed their majority government back when he originally came to power, he did it by forming a coalition of the TRT and a number of minority parties (New Aspiration, Chart Thai etcetera) many of which were eventually absorbed by the TRT. For Thaksin's followers to now complain about the Democrats forming a coalition with minority parties and disillusioned former TRT/PPP factions in order to form a government is simply hypocrisy.

As for Generals putting pressure on MPs to switch sides, where do you get that from? What kind of pressure? You don't think Thaksin put pressure on MPs to join his TRT coalition back when he ruled the roost? People seem to forget what was going on when he was in charge, the intimidation of journalists, judges, opposition parties, and anyone else who stood in his way. Again, for Thaksin's followers to claim they are fighting for a return to "democracy" is hypocrisy, ignorance or possible acute amnesia.

try reading other recent posts and opinions you sound by your views a yellow supporter, one little difference is that when Thaksin got in the minority parties never had a chance of forming a government and figured the best way forward was with trt, now look at the old trt MPs who still had the largest number change side and support this government so they could still have their nose in the trough.

? ............ As head of the privy council, he represents the King. Perhaps the red-shirts (and Thaksin) need to be reminded of this?

Agreed, Thaksins exposure of Prem as being implicated in the 2006 coup was a veiled comment regarding his (Prem's) boss, Thaksin hasn't the ba!!s to come out and state what's really playing on his little egotistical mind.

Maybe the attacks directed at Prem are actually directed at ... Prem!

You have absolutely no idea what's going on and honestly all I have myself is conjectures but to believe it's the fight of a disturbed, greedy, lonely man against the establishment is ... naive! How would Thaksin been able to move such a crowd, to force the government to beg for negotiation without support at the highest level?

Almost certainly a very real possibility.

I'm currently watching Arsenal (red shirts) play Villa Real (yellow shirts) on TV. Much more interesting and less predictable than Thai football shirt politics.

Nice to see democracy working without any violence over the last few days though.

.. He he.. It would cost you 200,000 baht for 2 tickets on the plane (i doubt Thaksin goes in normal class), Imagine it though at Suvarnabhumi, He goes through the 'Thai Passport immigration bit' then waits for you near the luggage conveyors at the back whilst your in that 25 minute 'Non Thai passport bit' that we go through, just like my misses does!!... erm, I doubt it.. :o

Edited by kevinc

I have always been against Thaksin and followed his coming and goings since 2006, never once have I ever heard him say anything derogatory about royalty and if as YOU say it's fact why has this unelected government not made it public to the vast majority of truly loyal thai subjects, if they did or more to the point could they would and Thaksin would be dead in the water overnight, so unless you can prove your facts lets hear them please, theres enough unfactual evidence swilling around this post already.

Fair point. Let me change that to from my understanding of what is going on here, I believe it to be a fact that Thaksin is anti-monarchy....No??.... eh.. I believe it to be true... so therefore it must be??

The problem of proof of course is that he cannot blatantly come out with such a thing. There are laws here that prohibit such a thing as we all know. I am sure also that his supporters, whether paid or not, are not quite aware of Thaksin's true attitude towards the monarchy. What is happening I believe is that there is very subtle anti-monarchy propoganda coming out from the centre of the Thaksin machine. It is also a very difficult area to elaborate this for obvious reasons. I think what is happening in Thailand now is old money versus new money. Thaksin is the biggest threat to Thailand's hegemony that there ever has been.

Fair point. Let me change that to from my understanding of what is going on here, I believe it to be a fact that Thaksin is anti-monarchy....No??.... eh.. I believe it to be true... so therefore it must be??

The problem of proof of course is that he cannot blatantly come out with such a thing. There are laws here that prohibit such a thing as we all know. I am sure also that his supporters, whether paid or not, are not quite aware of Thaksin's true attitude towards the monarchy. What is happening I believe is that there is very subtle anti-monarchy propoganda coming out from the centre of the Thaksin machine. It is also a very difficult area to elaborate this for obvious reasons. I think what is happening in Thailand now is old money versus new money. Thaksin is the biggest threat to Thailand's hegemony that there ever has been.

Life is very subjective friend, because either of us believe something to be true certanly does not make it so, Fact is certainly true and can frequently be proved but as I said, everyone is entitled to their opinions right or wrong, it's called DEMOCRACY.

Life is very subjective friend, because either of us believe something to be true certanly does not make it so, Fact is certainly true and can frequently be proved but as I said, everyone is entitled to their opinions right or wrong, it's called DEMOCRACY.

Whats the saying? innocent until proven guilty, in Thailand and on here people just assume, I suspect that none of us have access to the inner sanctums of what goes on here.

Thaksin is anti monarchy. That is not even propoganda. It is fact. He just can't overtly state that he is anti-monarchy. Thaksin started the thing that won't become the civil war. It is the "very important people at work" here against the "very clever person at work".

Like it or not, for better or worse, the "very important people at work" make Thailand what it is for the average farang here. Ideologically, there's a lot of unfairness going on in Thailand for sure, but you really think Thaksin is one bit bothered about the plight of your average Issan farmer? I reckon he is as bothered as a Burmese general is about the plight of your average Burmese farmer. Thaksin has "democracy" to play with and play with it he does for his own benefit.

I really wish Thaksin would just bow out now and stop this tragic yellow/red thing from going any further. I believe the Thai nation is strong enough to see this thing through, but I do at times worry.

I have always been against Thaksin and followed his coming and goings since 2006, never once have I ever heard him say anything derogatory about royalty and if as YOU say it's fact why has this unelected government not made it public to the vast majority of truly loyal thai subjects, if they did or more to the point could they would and Thaksin would be dead in the water overnight, so unless you can prove your facts lets hear them please, theres enough unfactual evidence swilling around this post already.

I was at the Man City party he threw in the city centre when he addressed the large crowd & he showed the deepest respect to his monarch. I didn't like his summary justice (which the police handed out) wilst PM, but he also got a lot right; especially with the poor. At least the guy was elected, as was Samak, the current PM is to me no more than a puppet held up by the military & a constiution that was illegally imposed on the Thai people.

You think Thaksin calling for the people to "rise up" might not just be close to inciting a civil war? As for the anti-monarchy accusations, I think the red-shirt rabble may simply be a bit confused. General Prem, after all, is appointed by the King and seems to enjoy his full confidence. As head of the privy council, he represents the King. Perhaps the red-shirts (and Thaksin) need to be reminded of this?

Right on! This democracy thing is so easy, just so long as you have the judiciary outlaw enough of the elected member's in order to give your side a majority.

10_12_9.gif

How does one go about apprehending Mr. T, and bringing him back to land of smiles?

Let's see, I spot him in his favorite western-style coffee house in Dubai or HK or Nicaragua. I do a diversion tactic to divert his three body guards, uh, a smoke bomb in the bathroom perhaps?

Then I put a piece of bar soap carved in to the shape of a pistol to T's kidney and order him in to a taxi, then have the taxi drive to the Thai embassy, and duck-march T to the counter and demand my reward. Oops, almost forgot, Thai embassies and consulates won't apprehend Mr. T, ...indeed, they give him the VIP treatment he so richly doesn't deserve. On to Plan B:

I tell the taxi driver to go to the Int'l airport. By the time I force Mr. T through the lobby and up to the ticket counter, my soap pistol has melted, with its bootblack covering making a mess of my clothes and the back of Mr. T's tailored jacket. I deftly undo one of his shoelaces and wrap it around our two wrists, tying it with my teeth. Security guard asks the commotion, and I quickly jam a jelly donut in T's mouth, so he can't spill the beans. I bribe the security guard with an offer of 6% of my reward money (Bt.60,000) and he complies by grinningly escorting me and Mr. T to the airplane. We were assigned opposite seats in economy, so it's as though we're holding hands across the aisle, still shoelaced together. Stewardesses are inconvenienced by having to step over our outstretched hands. Mid flight, Thaksin realized he's due for another phone in to the Red Shirts, so I untie him, figuring he can't bolt far within a plane at 30,000 ft.

Upon arrival at SUV airport, we're whisked through VIP passport control, and the one million baht is there in a plastic bag waiting for me. No sweat.

BB

You think Thaksin calling for the people to "rise up" might not just be close to inciting a civil war? As for the anti-monarchy accusations, I think the red-shirt rabble may simply be a bit confused. General Prem, after all, is appointed by the King and seems to enjoy his full confidence. As head of the privy council, he represents the King. Perhaps the red-shirts (and Thaksin) need to be reminded of this?

Right on! This democracy thing is so easy, just so long as you have the judiciary outlaw enough of the elected member's in order to give your side a majority.

10_12_9.gif

Why don't the government just go for a fresh election and let the thai people choose the leader to lead the country. Start from zero, That 's it. If the government keeps on wasting time as a result will not doing any good to the country. Am i correct ? :o

Why don't the government just go for a fresh election and let the thai people choose the leader to lead the country. Start from zero, That 's it. If the government keeps on wasting time as a result will not doing any good to the country. Am i correct ? :o

Because Democrat Party will never win an election. They won in the past with very few votes more than competitor. They have the supports from Army, media, ruling class and invisible hands. They won't care for the people much because they must please those who support them.

Thaksin is immortal and will never be destroyed:

Below is a recent photo of him taken in Chiang Mai.

I didn't know that Khun Taksin wore glasses? And, I don't think much of his orange toga either.

Come back, do the time, get a pardon after 24 hrs, go on as before...what's the problem?? I'll believe that he will go to jail if they ever get his ex-wife to the starting gate...not blo-dy likely :o

Because Democrat Party will never win an election. They won in the past with very few votes more than competitor. They have the supports from Army, media, ruling class and invisible hands. They won't care for the people much because they must please those who support them.

I saw many posts explain to you how Parliament system in Thailand works, but you are still at 0. :D