Thaksin's Close Family Leaves Thailand

george

Thaksin's close family leaves Thailand

BANGKOK: -- The three children and several other close family members of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra have left Thailand ahead of the mass rally Wednesday, sources said.

The source said Paetongtan Shinawatra, Thaksin's youngest daughter, left on Cathay Pacific's Flight CX750 to Hong Kong Monday's night.

Also in the same night, Pintonta Shinawatra, another daughter, left for England on Thai Airways International's Flight TG910.

According the sources, Somchai Wongsawat, former prime minister and ex-brother-in-law of Thaksin, and Pantongtae Shinawatra, the son of Thaksin, left for United Arab Emirates on UAE Airlines' Flight eX419 Tuesday night.

-- The Nation 2009-04-08

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shinawatra family left Thailand

BANGKOK: -- Close family members of fugitive prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra quietly left Thailand on a series of flights on Tuesday, PM's Office Minister Sathit Wongnongtoey said on Wednesday.

Thaksin's former wife Khunying Potjaman Damapong and their daughter Paethongtan flew to Hong Kong. Another daughter Pinthongtha departed to England. Their son Panthongtae headed for Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.

Thaksin's brother-in-law and former prime minister Somchai Wongsawat also left the country, he said.

At the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship rally in front of Privy Council president Prem Tinsulanonda's residence on Wednesday, UDD leader Nattawut said Thaksin had phoned him to voice his support for the red-shirt movement.

The deposed premier hoped that the country would achieve true democracy, Mr Nattawut said.

-- Bangkok Post 2009-04-08

Rats deserting the sinking ship ?????

Possibly. But rats don't normally carry so many pieces of luggage as these varmint. Anybody at the airport do a count of luggage items at the express check-in? Wow, a whole family in self-imposed exile now? :D

The ship will be in a lot better shape as well without them raiding the stores and squirreling away grain in Cayman Islands, Switzerland, Hong Kong, etc., etc. :o

I thinks the stage is being set,thaksin demise is nigh he will get back to thailand o.k. but in a wooden box, but then again I could be completely wrong, as I have known to be before, the next few days will be interesting

regards songhklasid.

Rather Brats!

If the BIB really wihed to track down the organ grinder perhaps they could follow em

Notice Royal orchid class didnt appeal to the frequent liars

Cathay and eK419 a non existent UAE air on wesite

not a Gulf of misunderstanding

why do you think the country is a sinking ship?

what is wrong here?

and to another poster, many thais have swiss bank accouints. more than taksin?

BANGKOK: -- The three children and several other close family members of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra have left Thailand ahead of the mass rally Wednesday, sources said.

The source said Paetongtan Shinawatra, Thaksin's youngest daughter, left on Cathay Pacific's Flight CX750 to Hong Kong Monday's night.

Also in the same night, Pintonta Shinawatra, another daughter, left for England on Thai Airways International's Flight TG910.

According the sources, Somchai Wongsawat, former prime minister and ex-brother-in-law of Thaksin, and Pantongtae Shinawatra, the son of Thaksin, left for United Arab Emirates on UAE Airlines' Flight eX419 Tuesday night.

-- The Nation 2009-04-08

Good Riddance!

why do you think the country is a sinking ship?

I think the sinking ship comment might have refered to their political ambitions.

About the country, you are right. It's doing fine.

BANGKOK: -- Close family members of fugitive prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra quietly left Thailand on a series of flights on Tuesday, PM's Office Minister Sathit Wongnongtoey said on Wednesday.

Thaksin's former wife Khunying Potjaman Damapong and their daughter Paethongtan flew to Hong Kong. Another daughter Pinthongtha departed to England. Their son Panthongtae headed for Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.

Thaksin's brother-in-law and former prime minister Somchai Wongsawat also left the country, he said.

At the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship rally in front of Privy Council president Prem Tinsulanonda's residence on Wednesday, UDD leader Nattawut said Thaksin had phoned him to voice his support for the red-shirt movement.

The deposed premier hoped that the country would achieve true democracy, Mr Nattawut said.

i dont blame them.

they got samak for a cooking show.

they could give the children 10 years for blowing their noses if they wanted to

things are looking to get nasty.

best to play it safe.

I saw something on the Bangkok Post website where one of the PM's advisors, I think, is claiming Thaksin has been spotted in Cambodia (sorry can't find the piece to post a link).

Maybe the family are getting out before the current turmoil approaches the end game. :o

Who knows what is being plotted in smoky rooms behind closed doors. Whatever it is it is not a quiet family weekend get together.

i dont blame them.

they got samak for a cooking show.

they could give the children 10 years for blowing their noses if they wanted to

things are looking to get nasty.

best to play it safe.

I too dont blame them leaving.

I wish that piece of sh1t Chalerm and his pack of inbred, scummy mutants would also leave and never return. :o

As my wife and I watched the leaders arrive at the G20 summit in London last week, we saw Abhisit arrive. Were both happy to see this as we thought he is truly for the rebuilding of Thailand and he really cares about it. We both joked that if Chalerm were PM, could you imagine him at the summit? Putting his napkin under his chin, using the wrong knives and forks, asking people out to the car park for a fight, picking his nose and so on. Give me an Oxford graduate over a Klong Toey Primary school drop out any day. :D

Roll on the comments!!!

-- The Nation 2009-04-08

Good Riddance!

That would be EK419 (Emirates Airlines) to Dubai.

I saw something on the Bangkok Post website where one of the PM's advisors, I think, is claiming Thaksin has been spotted in Cambodia (sorry can't find the piece to post a link).

Maybe the family are getting out before the current turmoil approaches the end game. :o

Who knows what is being plotted in smoky rooms behind closed doors. Whatever it is it is not a quiet family weekend get together.

I saw the same on the Bangkok post web site, Phil. I think that what happened to Mr Abhisit in Pattaya this week may have put the frighteners on the Mr T family, given that the BIB seem to be incapable of protecting anyone in these times of trouble. If the red shorts 'kick off' today the yellows will probably get involved again and that could bode not well for the Thaksins.

Cheers, Rick

It's interesting that Somchai Wotsawong went to Dubai with airhead and left The Whopper and Lotsaluck to keep the red brigade happy.

Picture from The Nation website.

This whole scenario is starting to look like the basis for a Shakespearian play. Assassination plots, references to the King and trusted courtiers, traitors, death threats etc, etc.

One wonders where Madam Pokemon is at this moment.

"They seek him here, they seek him there.

Those Siamese seek him everywhere.

Is he in Phnom Penh or is he not,

That damned elusive Shinawat "

Interesting times in Thailand I say. :o

Edited by ratcatcher

This exit strategy is just a matter of misunderstanding on who the 1,000,000 bounty was placed on. Everyone was talking at the same time, thus the misunderstanding, and since they headed out in 3 directions they were just trying to throw the posse off.

I thinks the stage is being set,thaksin demise is nigh he will get back to thailand o.k. but in a wooden box, but then again I could be completely wrong, as I have known to be before, the next few days will be interesting

regards songhklasid.

Just been an interesting article on BBC News 1pm here in the U.K.

Indeed, 'the stage is set', .....

regards songhklasid.

Care to enlarge on that? Nothing on the BBC web site.

Cheers, Rick

regards songhklasid.

Cheers, Rick

Sure, Just on BBC T.V News at 1pm

Quite a good piece.

regards songhklasid.

Cheers, Rick

Sure, Just on BBC T.V News at 1pm

Quite a good piece.

I felt the report was suggesting things are comming to a head somewhat and to watch this space over the next few weeks.

The world watches... such and important time for such a magnificent country. I only hope everything passes off peacefully.

This exit strategy is just a matter of misunderstanding on who the 1,000,000 bounty was placed on. Everyone was talking at the same time, thus the misunderstanding, and since they headed out in 3 directions they were just trying to throw the posse off.

Criminy Carruthers! Jumping Jehovahs Witnesses you may have inadvertantly cracked it there! They're all off on an Easter egg hunt, the one that comes back with the chocolate bunny gets the one mill prize.

Maybe his wife wants to collect it and add it to her billions? lol

Maybe his wife wants to collect it and add it to her billions? lol

They have gone to 3 destinations so the daddy can do an over the air transmission to the family. He can't do anything face to face anymore.

Cheers, Rick.

Possibly. But rats don't normally carry so many pieces of luggage as these varmint. Anybody at the airport do a count of luggage items at the express check-in? Wow, a whole family in self-imposed exile now? :D

The ship will be in a lot better shape as well without them raiding the stores and squirreling away grain in Cayman Islands, Switzerland, Hong Kong, etc., etc. :o

No rats usually hide behind anon screen names, who are you to pass judgement on anyones children.